CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-16, 03:04 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Rafi,

Are you able to extend the introductory discount price until after the RR Racing ECU Tune 2.0 is available? I'm interested in making the purchase now but from reading the 2IS ECU Tuning Question Thread, it sounds like the current tune only allows for the 7,000 RPM rev limit to be enabled only when in manual mode though you have plans to revise the tune for the rev limit increase to be enabled when in automatic mode:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9370193

As a FYI, the Lotus Evora S, which utilizes the Toyota Camry 2GR-FE motor along with a supercharger, is able to sustain a maximum transient engine speed of 7,200 RPM when in sport mode due to Lotus' ECU tuning. The stock internals of the 2GR motor are unaltered. Maybe that will help to add confidence with the 2GR motor.

If you're able to tune the transmission to better emulate the behavior of the 8-speed transmission of the IS-F, that would be great. Understandably, the shift response time may not be as fast as the IS-F but we are all hoping to have the transmission maintain the selected gear when in manual mode rather than having the transmission downshift or upshift on its own accord. To use the Lotus Evora again as an example, it utilizes a factory 6-speed automatic transmission from the Toyota Camry as an option and with Lotus' tuning, they were able to tune the auto transmission to allow the driver to shift gears manually. I only know all this because I'm currently in the market for an Evora S.
Wow am I glad to have read that. I had no idea the Evora had a Camry engine of all things lol. Not even the 2GR FSE at that. I'm glad you shared this piece of info, I now know the Engine has some more potential if Lotus was able to extract that. And I'm real happy that the transmission (which I hope is the same as the IS tranny in our cars) is also tuneable. In all honestly I think just tuning the transmission alone is enough reason to warrant buying this tune. Not dissing our tranny or anything but it could definitely use some work. Especially since there's nothing more annoying/disappointing than someone pointing out how our cars have "paddle shifters" then having to explain how they don't even work the way they should
Old 02-21-16, 04:57 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Rafi,

Are you able to extend the introductory discount price until after the RR Racing ECU Tune 2.0 is available? I'm interested in making the purchase now but from reading the 2IS ECU Tuning Question Thread, it sounds like the current tune only allows for the 7,000 RPM rev limit to be enabled only when in manual mode though you have plans to revise the tune for the rev limit increase to be enabled when in automatic mode:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9370193

As a FYI, the Lotus Evora S, which utilizes the Toyota Camry 2GR-FE motor along with a supercharger, is able to sustain a maximum transient engine speed of 7,200 RPM when in sport mode due to Lotus' ECU tuning. The stock internals of the 2GR motor are unaltered. Maybe that will help to add confidence with the 2GR motor.

If you're able to tune the transmission to better emulate the behavior of the 8-speed transmission of the IS-F, that would be great. Understandably, the shift response time may not be as fast as the IS-F but we are all hoping to have the transmission maintain the selected gear when in manual mode rather than having the transmission downshift or upshift on its own accord. To use the Lotus Evora again as an example, it utilizes a factory 6-speed automatic transmission from the Toyota Camry as an option and with Lotus' tuning, they were able to tune the auto transmission to allow the driver to shift gears manually. I only know all this because I'm currently in the market for an Evora S.

Hi all, yes later today we will add the 7200 rpm redline option.

thanks for the input!

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-22-16, 11:53 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rafi,

Roughly how long would the turn around time be from when you receive the ECU?
Old 02-22-16, 05:20 PM
TsunamiF
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you provide an IS350 ECU removal tutorial similar to the one found on the IS-F forum?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...procedure.html

This would greatly help to prevent possible damage to the wire harness or the ECU itself.

Last edited by TsunamiF; 02-22-16 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-22-16, 05:28 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
Rafi,

Roughly how long would the turn around time be from when you receive the ECU?
Rafi's turnaround time is a day.. Ask me how I know.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-22-16, 08:12 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Wow that is very quick. Your from SoCal correct?
Old 02-23-16, 06:13 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Originally Posted by joshhleee
it gets more and more tempting with every new piece of info lol
Old 02-23-16, 06:49 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

I just placed my order for the ECU Tune with the 7,200 RPM redline.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the IS350 behaves on the track with the increased HP/TQ and the broader powerband.
Old 02-23-16, 01:45 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I just placed my order for the ECU Tune with the 7,200 RPM redline.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the IS350 behaves on the track with the increased HP/TQ and the broader powerband.
That's great redspencer, I look forward to one of your insightful reviews... I'm waiting and hoping for a fix for the paddle shifters before I place my order.
Old 02-23-16, 10:42 PM
soloist3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a time to be an 2IS owner, I am very excited about this news, the only thing I see left is getting the paddle shifters to work closer to how the ISF's do. I understand that the friction material and transmission itself might not be up to the task of offering us the same quick shift speeds as the ISF though if we could get functional paddle shifters that would be amazing ~15whp/15tq gain + paddles that work = one hell of a fun IS350...I am curious to know what the gains would be with PPE headers and the tune; I am sure we will know soon enough.
Old 02-24-16, 12:13 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by soloist3
What a time to be an 2IS owner, I am very excited about this news, the only thing I see left is getting the paddle shifters to work closer to how the ISF's do. I understand that the friction material and transmission itself might not be up to the task of offering us the same quick shift speeds as the ISF though if we could get functional paddle shifters that would be amazing ~15whp/15tq gain + paddles that work = one hell of a fun IS350...I am curious to know what the gains would be with PPE headers and the tune; I am sure we will know soon enough.

We are curious too. We will soon have some PPE headers in stock for the IS350, so if anyone local is interested, we can work a deal for headers, installation, and tune.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-24-16, 06:10 PM
redspencer
OG Member

I spent this evening carefully removing the ECU from the engine bay and it has been packaged and shipped by FedEx. Now my IS350 is a giant paperweight until I receive the ECU back.

Hopefully, I'll have the tuned ECU installed by mid-next week and I'll provide my initial impressions of this long awaited upgrade.

Old 02-24-16, 07:05 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Looking forward to your review, redspencer.
Old 02-24-16, 07:12 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

I spent this evening carefully removing the ECU from the engine bay and it has been packaged and shipped by FedEx. Now my IS350 is a giant paperweight until I receive the ECU back.

Hopefully, I'll have the tuned ECU installed by mid-next week and I'll provide my initial impressions of this long awaited upgrade.

Definitely looking forward to your review Redspencer. Might I ask , what performance mods do you have on your car?
Old 02-25-16, 06:03 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Originally Posted by Tro209
Definitely looking forward to your review Redspencer. Might I ask , what performance mods do you have on your car?
JoeZ intake with an F-Sport style intake box and an F-Sport exhaust.

I also consider my Enkei PF01s to be a performance mod as it reduces unsprung weight to improve acceleration.

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tune