CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got Pulled Over..venting..and Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 08:30 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Got Pulled Over..venting..and Need Help

So I was driving down highway 126 going towards Ventura at night. I'm on the right lane with one car behind me. I see a cop on the other side going fast, then slamming on its brakes and make a U-turn.

The cop then speeds up getting in front of a crowd of cars, and then cutting off the guy behind me to get to me. I immediately pulled over.

He says he pulled me over for no front license plate. Then tells me to roll up my windows and turn off my lights. He then says "hold on, let me get you your citations". Goes to his car, comes back 20 minutes later and I get one for no front license plate, tinted windows, and tinted tail lamps.

I thought WOW...what a douchebag cop for putting his life on the line, and others just to pull me over for a no front license plate.

Now I'm looking at the ticket and it says the tinted tail lamps is Non Correctable and there's a court date? Why is it not correctable? I can literally take it off in 2 minutes. If it makes any difference I recently had the car's title transferred from my dad to me and the vehicle had the tint already on it.

What can I do to fix it without having to go to court.....I mean, the tails weren't even dark and not noticeable until I shut off the lights.

Any ideas? Thanks for reading

Last edited by sc-driver; 09-14-10 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-05-09, 10:42 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

What city did you get your ticket in? Just make sure you show up to your court date, bring all that info with you. Just tell them that the car came that way and if it is not legal you will take it off. Make sure you mention you didn't know it was! Bring everything with you: ticket, car title, and DMV bill of sale if you have it. All of those dates will help reduce the fines, if you are assigned any. Remember CA is broke! I just got a ticket a few months ago. 85mph on the freeway = $400 ticket. Good luck and don't stress too much, it'll be okay.
Old 10-05-09, 10:48 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He put it as NON-CORRECTABLE 'cause that way the city makes more money. They did the same thing for my window tint. You don't have to take the tint off the taillights 'cause he just straight up fined you for that violation. But for the tint and the front plate you're going to have to show a sheriff station those two. Your ticket will end up being around $175 or so after everything.
Old 10-06-09, 01:10 AM
renren7
Lead Lap

yea, same thing with my tint and front license plate, i didnt have plate because the car still needed the chp inspection to pass in order to have plates, but the cops still wrote me for those to and i ended up paying like $350
Cops are really gay now since california is broke
gta be careful
Old 10-06-09, 10:09 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

that sucks. I got this ticket about 2 months ago, tinted windows and smoked taillight also non correctable. I decided not to take off my tint and just pay for the damn ticket. My tints and smoked tail lights were so damn expensive anyways. i guess the next time if it does happen again(knock on wood) im going to take off the tints... Dont trip about it, the cities broke and they're trying to make money off every little shtt. Pay for it and hope it doesnt happen again!
Old 10-06-09, 12:44 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about that bro. Were you in Fillmore or Santa Paula, Ventura County or in L.A. County near Magic Mountain? Just to add a bright note to your ordeal, I have a friend of mine who is a cop and he told me if you have three or more violations on your car, they can tow it as an unsafe vehicle. I live in Ventura County and the sheriff's dept. isn't to bad about modded cars. Wondering if it was a CHP officer, cause those guys will give everyone a ticket.
Old 10-06-09, 01:02 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys,

I was in Santa Paula on the CA-126 headed west by Hall Road. I think I just passed the Ventura county line like 5 minutes before that. And Of course it was a CHP officer.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm just going to take everything off and go to the local chp office and see if I can get it signed off.

Man this really sucks though. California is so broke they are pulling people over for the smallest things. (and in my case, very unsafely too)
Old 10-06-09, 03:26 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

what a jerk.
Old 10-07-09, 05:58 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear about your multple citations. Like everyone else has said, the state is in dire need of $$$ and they are going to get it anyway they can. Hopefully you'll get everything signed off and situated. Good luck.
Old 10-08-09, 06:41 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

dang, can you show "pictures" of what cops think is illegal on your car? for example your taillights.
Old 10-08-09, 07:54 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

heres what your supposed to do, take the tint off your taillights, take a picture of it show upto court and fight the ticket, the cop will lose because he did not take a picture of the tail lights. cops can give you tickets for whatever they want, but they are not the judge, they cant say your innocent or guilty. even for speeding, the cops must have evidence (through the speed gun most likely). if no evidence is provided from the defendant, most likely the cops "word" alone will win, but if you have a current picture without tint on the tailight then he wont win.
Old 10-08-09, 08:41 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

I took the tail light tint off with rubbing alcohol, and put the front plates back on today. Still need to do the windows. Thanks vindedreal, I will do that.

Here's a pic when they got them sprayed over a Year and a Half ago!

At night time, you can't even tell they're tinted.

Last edited by sc-driver; 10-09-09 at 01:14 PM.