CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

VIPAutoFashion Dec 3rd: The Unveiling!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-05, 02:17 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VIPAutoFashion Dec 3rd: The Unveiling!!!

Introducing: VIP Auto Fashion
The Anaheim Convention Center
800 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802

Dec 3rd 2005

why? because its never been done to this magnitude! and because we can! Registrations opening up soon! If you are interested in showing please contact me at tphan@visionevent.com

Expecting between 400-500 highly modified vehicles representing the true VIP scene from JDM/USDM/EDM.

What is VIP? European, Japanese or American automobiles which are recognized as luxury vehicles.

VIP- The ultimate VIP vehicle can be defined by the perfect synthesis of form and function. Established and respected European/Japanese tuning firms provide the components that ultimately help create a VIP style vehicle. Often these parts are rather difficult and expensive to obtain. The latest in technology and materials are used to ensure the vehicle is on the leading edge of tuning. Cost is often a secondary concern to quality. There are no short cuts taken on a VIP vehicle. From the exterior to the interior, modifications are completed that extend beyond the simple bolt-ons. Attention to detail is paramount among those serious about VIP tuning. Flawless workmanship and custom styling cues are the rule, not the exception. Whether a VIP vehicle is parked on the streets of LA, Miami or NYC, there is no mistaking the sleek, upscale style. VIP tuning is universally recognized by the high-end look and feel.

Japanese VIP Tuning

If you don't know what Japanese VIP tuning is, it's pretty simple. In Japan, there is a long list of big luxury cars available to the market. From the Nissan Cima to the Toyota Aristo, these cars are upgraded by way of fancy body kits, huge expensive rims, air suspension, insane sound systems, etc.

Some of the cars that are popular with VIP tuning in Japan are the Crowns, Aristos, Majestas, Celsiors, and Cimas. There is a long list of models with each having a healthy following. Body kits are a major part of the tuning process. Normally VIP saloons are outfitted with widebody kits and huge sidesteps that makes the car look like it's an inch off the ground. It may sound surprising but huge double decked, GTR, and supra wings are not the norm when it comes to Japanese VIP tuning. What is popular though is the whale tail. Small lip spoilers that have been molded to the trunk are also very popular but the whale tails definitely attract the most attention.

One of the craziest aspects of the tuning they do is to the mufflers. Wild mufflers are definitely a big part of the VIP style. You'll see single mufflers that are pretty average and singles that seem to stick out 2 feet from the car and curve upwards.

The interiors of the cars are highly modified too. Full leather interiors, wood and carbon fiber dash kits, electronic suspension controlling systems, expensive floor mats, navigation systems, insane sound systems, and expensive steering wheels are just some of the modifications made. They will also have lots of neon and black lighting on the inside.

The stereo systems are also a major factor when it comes to VIP tuning. They go all out with amazing systems. Expensive CD / navigation head units and the biggest subs that can fit in their cars along with everything else needed to have an awesome system are installed. Pretty much all of the cars will also have TV screens too.

The most popular platforms for Japanese VIP tuning include Lexus or Infinity.

European VIP Tuning

European VIP tuning emphasizes modification of the vehicle in an upscale fashion. The mixture of performance and aesthetic customization of the vehicle does not compromise its overall luxury.

Exterior modification is usually the combination of adding aerodynamic components from respected European tuners, along with some creative custom individualization. Molding of bodywork is popular among this crowd to create a seamless, integrated look. The wheels on these European VIP automobiles are usually multi-piece and not smaller than 19 inches. Often, these wheels are built with custom offsets to achieve a dramatic wheel lip, while allowing for upgraded brake caliper clearance.

The interior of a European VIP vehicle is adorned with the latest in technology and materials. Carbon fiber, alcantara and leather combine to create a driver/passenger environment that is luxurious yet sporty. Complete in-car entertainment systems are carefully integrated and installed with an attention to quality over quantity.

Performance modifications from exhaust and intake to forced induction of normally aspirated engines are common. The key is an installation that can pass as being originally equipped from the factory. Upgraded suspension and brake systems are installed to complete the overall performance package.

The most popular platforms for European VIP tuning include Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz automobiles. Competition is intense among this elite segment. The cars that consistently win have a cohesive overall theme that is evident in each judging criteria. The careful attention to detail distinguishes the winners in European VIP tuning.

www.VIPautofashion.com
Old 09-10-05, 03:12 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Dude this is all LXOGOOD right here.
Old 09-10-05, 07:44 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good Tom, I'll register once my car is out of the shop this month.
Old 09-10-05, 09:46 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey awesome... I'll get my stock ES300 registered ASAP.

... no, I'm not serious.
Old 09-11-05, 10:09 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

I'm there !!!

J
Old 09-11-05, 10:50 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Me too brotha....
Old 09-11-05, 06:27 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

will there be VIP ladies there too?!?!!
Old 09-11-05, 06:33 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vinh
will there be VIP ladies there too?!?!!
it'll definitely be different.... we're trying to lock a high end fashion show but its still in the talks so nothing certain as of yet. I personally still want to book the *****cat dolls.
Old 09-11-05, 06:54 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Me too brotha....
BEAUTIFUL !!! Representing SICK Lexus' !!!

This time I'm gonna find you Ken !! Everyshows we enter, I only see your car... can't find your AZZZ !!! Playin around with Bi#$chs !!!!! LOL.

J
Old 09-11-05, 08:09 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UptownGS
it'll definitely be different.... we're trying to lock a high end fashion show but its still in the talks so nothing certain as of yet. I personally still want to book the *****cat dolls.

Uptown: Can you find out if cars with a 6cyl engine (lexus GS3/IS3, BMW M3, Audi) etc are considered VIP. The reason why I ask is because at HIN in LA, there was some major problems regarding what was a VIP car. They told me only 8 cyl motors could qualify in the VIP catagory. Even though my car is fully built, they gave me a hard time about it since it's a supercharged 6. Even GTE swaps had to be concidered.

According to the definitions you posted, it looks like anything goes.
Old 09-11-05, 08:30 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

as of right now the GS platform is considered VIP.... we're not sure if we're going to be letting in 3 series and IS's, G35's etc etc.... if we do let them in it will be strictly limited and they would be entered as entry level VIP tuner.

as you know in socal there is an abundance of Entry level VIP's so not to descriminate but we ultimately designed this show to include the graduated tuners that have moved on to high end luxury and exotics that sometimes are anxious but hesitant to participate in our usual shows style.

we do only have approximately 450 spots and here in Southern California we expect that number to close out fast! I know the Porshe clubs alone can fill up w/ 150 fairly well modified cars. Several spots are reserved for some debut vehiceles.

Expect this to be out of this world totally different from any show you've seen! when we say we're unveiling!!! we mean it! LUXGOOD even if they say no to you! i'd vouche for you and I know your vehicle is meticulously done. NO worries for yourself.

I will update everyone when I'm ready to start filling up the reg list. But I do however will require you all to send in pictures to see if you qualify so please have pictures on standby and if you'd like send them to my email so I may keep for reference. tphan@visionevent.com

please list subject head of "VIPAutoFashion: CL"
Old 09-12-05, 08:45 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

I would love to enter my car but lets see If I can get my car in and out of the Shop by then and some new wheels ...if so maybe
Old 09-13-05, 12:07 PM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

Default Interested in booth information

Can I get some booth information as well as floor plan? Email leo@luxurymods.com. Thanks.