VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

What defines a VIP style?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 08:36 AM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What defines a VIP style?

I'm sorry for asking, but I searched throught several areas and keep seeing "VIP". What is a VIP car. Is it bought that way or is it mod'd?

I hear people talking about stance mostly, so I assume wheels and fenders have something to do with it?

Thanks.

-Bill
Old 08-17-06, 10:02 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wdpower
I'm sorry for asking, but I searched throught several areas and keep seeing "VIP". What is a VIP car. Is it bought that way or is it mod'd?

I hear people talking about stance mostly, so I assume wheels and fenders have something to do with it?

Thanks.

-Bill
There are a couple of answers to your question.

A VIP car is usually a large Japanese sedan with attributes of being luxurious and classy. Almost all of these platforms are RWD, and also being newer is better. In Japan, VIP car clubs are very strict when it comes to the platform and year the car is. As far as Lexus models that are accepted VIP car platforms in Japan, it's only LS and GS models.

On the other hand, VIP style is the way a car is modified. Just like the attributes of the VIP car, VIP style has to always have a very luxurious and classy influence and at the same time being also bold and aggressive. That's why an agressive stance and wheel fitment are the most important, since this is what's noticed first.
Old 08-17-06, 10:59 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Here's link to thread posted by V8 Aristo that Autoweek also did about VIP style.

Autoweek VIP Style
Old 08-17-06, 01:26 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info, that article really helped too.

-Bill
Old 08-17-06, 02:30 PM
juniorEXE
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

For further research, you should pick up VIPstyle, VIPcar, or RICHcar magazines for an in depth understanding of what VIP is and what it is NOT. It also reports the latest trends straight from Japan.
Old 08-18-06, 06:08 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

It's actually quite simple. A VIPcar can be VIPstyled. But VIPstyled doesn't necessarily mean that it's a VIPcar.

In Lexus world, a VIPcar platform would include the GS and the LS. In Toyota, you would have your Crown. In Nissan, the Cima and so on and so forth. Basically, if you look at the manufacturer and at its top-of-the-food-chain big 4-door sedan, then chances are you'd find yourself a VIP platform.

A VIP-styled car is a car that takes its styling cues from the now-famous VIP modification. Usually this includes aggressive offset, deepdish wheels, LED puddlelamps, air suspension, big/wide bodykit, stretched tires, limo tint, Benz side mirror blinkers, ducktail spoilers, red/white taillamps, clear headlights, big chrome grills, very custom interior with lots of TVs and other gizmos, etc. (phew did I miss anything?) However, the car itself unmodded, would have looked very UNVIP like....

Let me post a couple of pics from my car crew for your reference:

This is the VIP side of my car crew in Jakarta...

These are the VIP-styled side...

Old 08-25-06, 08:30 PM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

i love VIP