Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

need some parts for school project. please help :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-08, 01:44 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default need some parts for school project. please help :)

Hello everyone,

i posted this in the local forum. i figured i would get faster and better answers. so the story goes...I'm a senior mechanical engineering student at NIU in dekalb. i have to do a senior design project and what better then to do something for my car. right im in the process of making a mechanically variable valve timing mechanism for the xJZ series engine. it would be a fully mechanical mechanism, no oil pressure or computers, that would adjust camshaft timing. im doing this on both the intake and exhaust cams.

i have designed the mechanism almost completely in Pro-E, 3d drafting software, already. i used my 2jz cam gears a rough measurement. if some of you wanna see it i can post some screen shots of it later on.

to make this happen i need the following parts:
1. 2 stock 1/2JZ cam gears
2. 2 stock 1/2JZ cams
3. some camshaft caps
4. stock head gasket, good or blown. i need it to make a cad file and cut a mounting plate in the water jet. its not going to be used for anything other them measurements

i have a 1jz cylinder head that a buddy gave me. its no good as far using on a motor but will work flawlessly for testing.

im a broke college student so if i can have these parts from someone that would be great. if i cant have them at least i would like to borrow them. it doesnt matter what kind of cam it is. 1jz i think are cheapest and most people usually dont need them anyways.

if i can borrow these parts or have them that would be great. obviously i will return everything to their respective owners once im done.

thanks a lot guy

if i cant somehow borrow/beg for these parts i would have to buy them but i really dont wanna spend money to put together a head that i wont be able to do anything with other then stare at.

my name is Pavel
i was at the last CL meet with the white beat up SC300 on some ghetto wheels
my number is 847-732-7696
im between dekalb and vernon hills all the time. if you are local to either one i can meet up to pick anything up.

im usually in elk grove too. my dad works there and its 5 mins from Touge Factory.
Old 09-25-08, 05:41 PM
al4nek
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got head gasket, for how long you will need it ?
Old 09-25-08, 05:42 PM
al4nek
Driver

oo, it is not stock
Old 09-25-08, 06:45 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

it doesnt matter if it stock or not. i need the hole sizes on it. i need it to do some measurements and dimensioning.

is it a new gasket or is it used. if you are going to use it for a project then dont worry about it. i need it for a few weeks. maybe a month tops. im at school and usually come back every two weeks or so.

i think im going home tomorrow to put on my wheels and next week for my birthday. after that ill be back home in the end of october.

let me know what you can do for me.

common people i know a bunch of you have spare useless parts laying around that i can borrow/have for some time.
Old 09-25-08, 07:05 PM
al4nek
Driver

Originally Posted by al4nek
oo, it is not stock
I just said that 'cuz you stated stock headgasket. Anyway, it's new, i got it with turbo kit which i'm planning to install it this fall.
Old 09-25-08, 07:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I will send you a PM
Old 09-26-08, 09:23 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pavel,

I think it is great that you requested help in the CL community for assistance with a school project. Although I do not retain those desired items, I would love to help with any other aspect of your schooling.