Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The dumb drivers thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-23, 03:32 PM
Striker223
Lexus Champion

Received 1,155 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
That ice skating rink just jumped right out at him!

Lexus ES too lol

Wow. Drunk? Insurance fraud?
Old 02-26-23, 03:34 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,872 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker223
Wow. Drunk? Insurance fraud?
My guess? Old person who thought the gas was the brake.
Old 02-26-23, 04:16 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 200 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Maybe at the end of the tunnel the drivers going to claim the car wash did the damage....
Re: car washes in general

I firmly believe now that car washes with the metal guides have the potential to scratch rims.

I stopped using those and go to one where it's a flat conveyor belt that pulls the car, I would recommend this as well to everyone.

I can't prove/remember it but I think I have curbed a rim from a car wash before, the metal guides.
Old 02-26-23, 05:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AJT123

I firmly believe now that car washes with the metal guides have the potential to scratch rims.

I stopped using those and go to one where it's a flat conveyor belt that pulls the car, I would recommend this as well to everyone.

I can't prove/remember it but I think I have curbed a rim from a car wash before, the metal guides.
They sure do, you just have to choose them that have guards over the guides. There aren't any carwashes around here that have a conveyor, they all have a rail system.
Old 02-26-23, 07:06 PM
xjokerz
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Annoying drivers speeding up when you want to pass them. They are doing 50 in a 55, I want to go faster. I pass then next thing I notice is they are inches behind me and follow that close until I brake check them.

I love when I merge into another lane and I'm not even close to the car I got in front of, yet they flash their lights at me. They do that garbage and I'll be more than happy to slow down for them. Same with anyone who tails me for that matter.

Semi trucks that do 35 around corners of highways then speed up to 75 on straight stretches, making it annoying to pass them.

Getting in the other lane next to someone and looking over, so I guess that tells the other driver I want to race... NOT. I couldn't care less if they want to speed up like at a drag race.
'
Likely more.
Old 02-27-23, 11:50 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
I guess we’re about to find out what the carwash will do to this mostly broken lamp housing and loose hanging bumper cover
You sent yours through the grinder too? I used to hand wash mine only. Recently the dealer accidentally sent it through their tunnel. I was so pissed because I had asked them not too clearly. It turned out it didn't put any scratches on that I could find, under the light or sunlight. After that I decided to send it to a nice tunnel near my house. It didn't do any damage either. Did they get better over time or BMW's paint is tougher to scratch?
Originally Posted by AJT123
They sure do and that's the risk you depend on the guy guide you in. On some cars, you can turn on car wash mode that it will guide you in with the lines along the tires. So that helps.

Back to the topic.... I saw this nice shiny new GX yesterday on a parallel spot. The truck was about 3 feet from the curb, the whole hood into the spot in front (with a smaller car). Not sure GX was parked by a bad driver or intentionally parked this way and the skillful driver just parked into the spot in front of it.

Old 02-27-23, 12:29 PM
sm1ke
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

This morning, I watched a guy roll right through a 4-way stop in front of a school. He barely tapped on the brake, it was about 6:15am so it was dark enough to see his brake lights briefly flash on.

A few days ago I watched a Tucson get cut off by a Corolla, and the Corolla driver got angry and sped up to cut off and brake check the Tucson. Then the Tucson proceeded to tailgate the Corolla. Immature, idiotic behaviour from both drivers.
Old 02-27-23, 01:14 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1111GS
You sent yours through the grinder too? I used to hand wash mine only. Recently the dealer accidentally sent it through their tunnel. I was so pissed because I had asked them not too clearly. It turned out it didn't put any scratches on that I could find, under the light or sunlight. After that I decided to send it to a nice tunnel near my house. It didn't do any damage either. Did they get better over time or BMW's paint is tougher to scratch?
I was in the Pacifica, but yeah. I just don't have the energy to hand wash them anymore. Thats why I buy light colored cars!

Carwashes have gotten better for sure.

I have a great one for you guys! Have to get the video from my dashcam
Old 02-27-23, 01:30 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sm1ke
This morning, I watched a guy roll right through a 4-way stop in front of a school. He barely tapped on the brake, it was about 6:15am so it was dark enough to see his brake lights briefly flash on.
This reminded me of a video I saw last week of a driver passing a stopped bus on the shoulder.

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...0-fd667582e2c2

I know this is the dumb driver thread, but you should have seen the slew of on-line comments blaming the bus driver for stopping on a busy road...
Old 02-27-23, 02:45 PM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 1111GS
Back to the topic.... I saw this nice shiny new GX yesterday on a parallel spot. The truck was about 3 feet from the curb, the whole hood into the spot in front (with a smaller car). Not sure GX was parked by a bad driver or intentionally parked this way and the skillful driver just parked into the spot in front of it.
Reminds me of one of my favorite movie lines.....in Annie Hall...Diane Keaton quickly pulls into a parallel parking space and hops out of the car. Woody Allen says "That's ok. We can walk to the curb from here."
Old 02-27-23, 04:01 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Car crashes into store

No one was hurt Saturday when a woman drove her car through a grocery store located in a Sunnyvale neighborhood shopping center.

It happened at about 11 a.m. at the Western Pacific Filipino Grocery on the 900 block of East Duane Avenue, according to a spokesperson for the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.

The car was parked in front of the store at the time of the incident.

Two employees were working inside the store at the time. They were not injured, and neither was the driver.
Old 02-27-23, 04:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

That happens all the time! It’s crazy…
Old 02-27-23, 04:43 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 200 Likes on 178 Posts

Cars also crash into houses all the time, too.

My family's neighbor across the street, a huge tow truck rolled down the huge hill and into the house. It was crazy.

Nobody was hurt thankfully but the damage was horrible.
Old 02-27-23, 06:52 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,273 Likes on 1,010 Posts

I have never shot a Vid, but my most favorite Dumb driver is one who gets over in the Express Paid pass lane, but drives under the speed limit as the ones to the right who are in more traffic not in the Express lane. Holding everyone up in the Express lane.

Why get in the Express lane? With no traffic or cars in front of them, no less.
Old 02-27-23, 06:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Totally agree there.

Quick Reply: The dumb drivers thread