Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Overrated List: Autospies

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-03, 08:06 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Overrated List: Autospies

Auto Spies picks the most overrated vehicles for 2004

You don't want to be on this list!

Cadillac Escalade- No better and not worth the price difference from a Chevy Tahoe Z71

MB C-class- A mediocre effort by MB at best

Porsche Cayenne S/Turbo- The dumbest and least attractive SUV made

Audi A8- About as edgy as a midwest county fair

Bentley Arnage- No better way to buy some depreciation

Entire Jaguar product line- The mercury of luxury cars

Mercedes-Benz SLK- Just about every company should re-think the offerings in this segment. We think they've lost their relevance

Rolls-Royce Phantom- The choice of the outgoing head of the NYSE

Maybach- If it was $50K more than an S-class, they would have hit a home run

Scion XA/XB- The "Official" car of Japanese undertakers?

VW Phaeton- A VW Quantum on steroids

Lincoln Navigator- On a scale of A to F, it's a "C"

Ford Expedition- One of the worst bumpy highway rides, you'll ever take. Unless you're driving an old one

Land Rover Discovery- The reason they don't make watches is because they haven't figured out how to make them leak yet!

Cadillac XLR- Better than the Allante and not a bad car, but we think there is very little market for an $75K american ragtop
Mercedes-Benz CLK- The new design just doesn't work for us...it's too Honda Accord coupe-ish for our taste
Old 10-03-03, 05:34 PM
MetLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont agree about the porsche cayanne....i think its very attractive and a great suv for some1 who doesnt need to haul stuff.
Old 10-03-03, 09:50 PM
DENVER_IS300
Driver School Candidate

Who ever wrote that must have a stick up their ***. I mean more than 1/2 of those cars I could put a good argument up for.

Cadillac Escalade- No better and not worth the price difference from a Chevy Tahoe Z71 (EXCEPT THE FACT THAT IT IS A CADILLAC AND STILL ROCKS)

MB C-class- A mediocre effort by MB at best (OK)

Porsche Cayenne S/Turbo- The dumbest and least attractive SUV made (IF YOU HAVE A ****ING LAMOBORGHINI, OTHERWISE, HOW COULD IT BE UNATTRACTIVE)

Audi A8- About as edgy as a midwest county fair (ALSO FASTER THAN YOU CAN GET AN ERECTION)

Bentley Arnage- No better way to buy some depreciation (ALSO TO BUY THE DAMN BEST CAR ON THE ROAD)

Entire Jaguar product line- The mercury of luxury cars (OK)

Mercedes-Benz SLK- Just about every company should re-think the offerings in this segment. We think they've lost their relevance (OK)

Rolls-Royce Phantom- The choice of the outgoing head of the NYSE (AN ANOTHER SWEET *** DESIGN BY ROLLS, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU PROBABLY LOVE THE NEW EVO, BECAUSE THAT WOULD BEST DEPICT YOUR "AWESOME"

Maybach- If it was $50K more than an S-class, they would have hit a home run (YEAH, ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT IT IS THE ULTIMATE LUXURY AUTO AND CAN WHIP UP ON ANY CAR OUT THEIR)
Old 10-05-03, 02:11 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tend to agree with the autospie guys regarding the english made cars. I think they are over rated, and certainly over priced. Quality is very much lacking, though they do have style.

- Ranger Rover
- Jaguar
- Bentley

Vehicles to start with.
Old 10-05-03, 03:21 PM
2jzgte
Lead Lap

- XLR is not a "ragtop"
- The new F-150 is a "best of" but the new Expedition (which is 95% the same) is a worst? I guess they just don't like truck-based SUV's
- The entire Jaguar lineup doesn't suck - the S-Class rocks by almost all accounts, and the new XJ is widely acclaimed as well
- The A8 isn't edgy enough? Who the hell buys a battleship sized Audi for the "edge"?
If the A8 is overrated and then the, LS430 must have a similar rating as well.
That list is stupid. Whomever buys a Chayenne, XLR, Phantom, or a Maybach obviously doesn't care about something as trivial as price. My father has a Chayenne and it is a kick *** truck, we will NEVER go offroad so having a so called "capable or proper" suv is not important. The whole idea of people driving around purposeful suv's in the first place is stupid. The trucks high price limits the idiots who can attain it anyway. Notice how many of these cars are actually the #1 money makers or halo cars for their companies. Of course they are overrated, they need them to be.
Old 10-06-03, 05:56 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

I agree with pretty much every comment on every car on that list!
Old 10-06-03, 06:43 PM
The_Hitman
Lexus Champion

I agree with iceman, I agree with most of the comments by the auto spies.