Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Significant Price-Increases for the 2020 Ford Explorer.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-19, 03:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall

Difficult to compare it to Enron. Enron was so crooked that they weren't even operating with real money as such....most of their "money" was a computer-generated hoax.

https://www.investopedia.com/updates...andal-summary/
I didn’t compare it to Enron. What happened with Enron put a number of legal procedures in place to prevent fraud. What has been posted in this thread by myself and a number of other members kinda shows the tariffs on steel are eating into profits.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-18-19 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 04:47 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Not only that but it's ridiculous to think that a company executive would want to understate profit in their financials just to sell a point.
Old 02-18-19, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

This guy, from cars.com, also did a good video on the ST version......especially on his review of the interior. I liked his style, and the way he explains things.

So far, from my point of view, the only thing I've seen that I don't like is the front overhang...IMO it is much too short and awkward-looking. I tend to like long overhangs, even though it can increase the vehicle's turning radius.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-18-19 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 07:13 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
This guy, from cars.com, also did a good video on the ST version......especially on his review of the interior. I liked his style, and the way he explains things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wOxuPxLW44

So far, from my point of view, the only thing I've seen that I don't like is the front overhang...IMO it is much too short and awkward-looking. I tend to like long overhangs, even though it can increase the vehicle's turning radius.
Overhangs? Don't matter to me. Our SUVs are pretty short but the cars are long. But this new Explorer looks to be a very premium product. I have to give it to Ford on a job well done. Personally don't like Ford interiors all that much, we don't really like the switchgear. But this is a very competitive product

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 02-18-19 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-18-19, 07:17 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Not only that but it's ridiculous to think that a company executive would want to understate profit in their financials just to sell a point.
So, felt like reading some of the financial report. They are audited third party as welll. Impossible to cheat.

Very interesting comments by GM in what are their main threats, not having small cars are threat if fuel prices go up. And they make it that large and full size trucks are the profits.
Old 02-18-19, 08:30 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

So, felt like reading some of the financial report. They are audited third party as welll. Impossible to cheat.

Very interesting comments by GM in what are their main threats, not having small cars are threat if fuel prices go up. And they make it that large and full size trucks are the profits.

Fuel pries could go up in the U.S., but it is not likely any time soon. We are more self-sufficient in supply now than we were in the past (and less-dependent on OPEC), thanks to less-restrictive regulations and more areas open to exploration. Still, I agree that small cars are needed. Not everyone wants to have to maneuver and park a large vehicle in tight spaces.
Old 06-12-19, 12:12 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Can’t find the main thread. Bizarre, no hood struts. And the dual exhaust tips are faux, the exit on the bottom of the tailpipe. Self sealing Michelin tires.