Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hoovey (mini) Review: 2019 Lexus UX 200/250h

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-19, 10:40 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I've spent more time with the UX. One thing from my initial review was the lack of rear door sensors. While that is still true, I learned that if you hold your hand on the driver handle for about 3 more seconds it will unlock all four doors. This is the first I've seen on a Lexus. And to correct my first post, I believe power-folding mirrors will be available after awhile. Also I popped the hood after idling for awhile and put up the hood prop. Man I don't ever remember the CT one getting that hot. Wish they would use gas struts.

I've put in an inquiry for a Nori Green / Glazed Caramel w/Caramel washi dash Luxury package UX 250h. It's going to be a few months before they build fully loaded ones, then some time after that. The price with everything I want should sticker for around $44-45K. In the meantime if an Obsidian or Caviar one in the same spec pops up sooner I might allocate it to me if it's not spoken for already since this will be a lease (keeping the IS), and maybe get Nori Green next time. Listed the options my UX has to have, as well as what's standard in the Luxury package.

OPTIONS:
PREMIUM TRIPLE-BEAM AUTO-LEVELING LED HEADLAMPS WITH FOGLAMPS AND HEADLAMP WASHERS
INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST WITH AUTO BRAKING AND REAR CROSS-TRAFFIC BRAKING
COLOR HEAD-UP DISPLAY
ILLUMINATED DOOR SILLS
HEATED LEATHER-TRIMMED STEERING WHEEL
OEM NAVIGATION
ROOF RACK CROSS BARS *could add later*
MUD GUARDS *could add later*

STANDARD LUXURY PKG EQUIPMENT:
HEATED AND VENTILATED FRONT SEATS
POWER TILT-AND-SLIDE MOONROOF
RAIN-SENSING WINDSHIELD WIPERS
WASHI INTERIOR TRIM
LEXUS MEMORY SYSTEM FOR DRIVER’S SEAT, OUTSIDE MIRRORS AND STEERING WHEEL
WIRELESSLY POWERED LED-ILLUMINATED AIR-VENT *****
FRONT AND REAR ALUMINUM DOOR-SILL SCUFF PLATES
ELECTROCHROMIC (AUTO-DIMMING) POWER-FOLDING OUTSIDE MIRRORS WITH AUTO TILT-DOWN IN REVERSE
ACOUSTIC FRONT SIDE GLASS
POWER REAR DOOR WITH KICK SENSOR
BLIND SPOT MONITOR

NORI GREEN

This sounds like a nice package, but I become concerned when I read about fully loaded vehicles vs. the car's base role to begin with. If one prices out an NX hybrid, adds nav and premium, you are just about at the same price as the UX you optioned out. I look at the NX as a greater vehicle, or the next car up (more substantial). I do like the UX a lot thus far (and am considering one myself), but the price of a well-optioned unit would be a big concern of mine. I don't feel it's any sort of value or bargain once it becomes well-optioned. This can be said for any entry level vehicle that is well-optioned, not just the US vs. the NX. The purpose gets defeated.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you also feel concerned about the sticker, value, and the next Lexus SUV above it? I'd like to hear your thoughts, being I go back and forth between both models.
Old 01-10-19, 08:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

can you get front parking sensors on a ux?
Old 01-10-19, 10:07 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
can you get front parking sensors on a ux?
Yessir. 4 sensors (2 in bumper, 2 in grill). This picture should show them better

Old 01-10-19, 10:25 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
This sounds like a nice package, but I become concerned when I read about fully loaded vehicles vs. the car's base role to begin with. If one prices out an NX hybrid, adds nav and premium, you are just about at the same price as the UX you optioned out. I look at the NX as a greater vehicle, or the next car up (more substantial). I do like the UX a lot thus far (and am considering one myself), but the price of a well-optioned unit would be a big concern of mine. I don't feel it's any sort of value or bargain once it becomes well-optioned. This can be said for any entry level vehicle that is well-optioned, not just the US vs. the NX. The purpose gets defeated.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you also feel concerned about the sticker, value, and the next Lexus SUV above it? I'd like to hear your thoughts, being I go back and forth between both models.
Most UX's will be sold in the $35-38K range I'd say. A UX 200 starts at $32K. Most won't need the OEM navigation since it has CarPlay (assuming one is an iPhone user). I'm just one of those people that likes all the bells and whistles. One thing I did was settle with my IS which does not have memory seats, and I won't do that again. When CT's were loaded up they could range from $37-38K, and those had far less equipment and power. As they tend to do, the second generation NX will be improved, and likely be a tab bit more expensive and bigger. Honestly if you can wait a year, I think you'll see good deals especially around the next Golden Opportunity and December to Remember when Lexus is making a push to move inventory with the UX. There were non this year since the UX hit dealers early December. The new Rav4 and Rav4 Hybrid are good indicators of where the next NX will go in terms of improvements in the powertrain. I'm curious if the 2020 or 2021 will be the new NX. 2015-2017 was all the same, and 2018/2019 is the refresh.
Old 01-10-19, 11:08 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I've put in an inquiry for a Nori Green / Glazed Caramel w/Caramel washi dash Luxury package UX 250h. It's going to be a few months before they build fully loaded ones, then some time after that. The price with everything I want should sticker for around $44-45K. In the meantime if an Obsidian or Caviar one in the same spec pops up sooner I might allocate it to me if it's not spoken for already since this will be a lease (keeping the IS), and maybe get Nori Green next time. Listed the options my UX has to have, as well as what's standard in the Luxury package.
I would hold out for the Nori Green. Such a great color!
Old 01-10-19, 11:48 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by JDR76
I would hold out for the Nori Green. Such a great color!
duly noted
Old 01-10-19, 04:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Yessir. 4 sensors (2 in bumper, 2 in grill).
thanks. must have been the new rav4 i was thinking about that i believe you cannot get them on.