Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How Much Does Tesla board members know about Tesla? Let's ask them.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-18, 07:35 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Much Does Tesla board members know about Tesla? Let's ask them.

so tesla got a new board chair to oversee the company, so what does tesla's board members think about that, do they know what's going on? let's ask the pot heads brother....err i mean elon musk's brother kimbal musk on what he thinks about the situation at tesla.

Old 11-15-18, 07:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

This is just insane. Take that silly hat off, get your head out of your ***, and answer the question.

(Out of respect, I'm referring to the video, Stormwind, not to you)

No wonder this company is going down the tubes. They are running it like a soap opera.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-02-19 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-15-18, 08:25 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
This is just insane. Take that silly hat off, get your head out of your ***, and answer the question.

No wonder this company is going down the tubes. They are running it like a soap opera.
Ever think that Kimbal Musk does not want to -- or cannot -- answer that question? Robyn Denholm has only been in the position a week or so, and is not yet in a full-time capacity, as she works through her 6 month notice period as CFO of Telstra.

I think the Fox News interviewer was trying too hard to dig for dirt on a female chair of the board.
Old 11-15-18, 08:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sulu
Ever think that Kimbal Musk does not want to -- or cannot -- answer that question? Robyn Denholm has only been in the position a week or so, and is not yet in a full-time capacity, as she works through her 6 month notice period as CFO of Telstra.

I think the Fox News interviewer was trying too hard to dig for dirt on a female chair of the board.
First, if he can't answer that, I've got beach property for sale in Kansas. Second, I don't think Fox is trying to dig up any more dirt on anybody, female or male. Tesla has exposed enough of its own dirt (fortunately, Robyn doesn't seem to have much of her own). Third, Fox (as they usually do) asked a legitimate question....I don't see it as a "trap" or "gotcha" question by any means.
Old 11-15-18, 08:46 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,714 Likes on 2,299 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
No wonder this company is going down the tubes.
O'rly? Do tell.
Old 11-15-18, 09:53 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

In general, just my opinion, folks....and I respect those opposing points of view. But, nevertheless, it's still hard to make a case that he can't answer the question...it's just typical corporate double-talk.
Old 11-15-18, 10:03 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

I really don't understand the constant need for the pothead comments? For the 100th time, Musk took a puff of a joint (while not working and not on company property) on a podcast held in a state where marijuana is recreationally legal. The guy has the only American-made auto company other than Ford that didn't need to be bailed out by the government during the financial crisis, builds EV's that sell for $120k that accelerate faster than $1 million Bugatti's, pioneers into things like solar panel roofs, underground tunnels, and space travel. And you're worried he's smoking pot. I just don't get it and frankly I feel sorry for people who can't see past it to see the innovation he is trying to deliver to all of us.

You think Musk is the only leader of a company in any of the states where weed is legal that's smoking pot? If you are invested in the stock market, it's a safe bet that you hold stocks of companies that are run by folks smoking pot, snorting coke, abusing pain killers, doing acid, ecstasy, running around on their wives/husbands, etc. If you're against Musk smoking pot and want to boycott Tesla, fine. But be fair and don't support any other company on the planet where a leader of any type is doing something you morally disagree with.

Does Kimbal look like an idiot for this behavior in the interview? Yes. Is it related to Elon taking a pull from a joint? Not in the least.
Old 11-15-18, 10:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I really don't understand the constant need for the pothead comments? For the 100th time, Musk took a puff of a joint (while not working and not on company property) on a podcast held in a state where marijuana is recreationally legal.
yeah, he had a drink too on that show, but i don't see the 'alcoholic' label being used as well.
Old 11-15-18, 10:21 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yeah, he had a drink too on that show, but i don't see the 'alcoholic' label being used as well.
That's an excellent point.
Old 11-15-18, 03:19 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
I really don't understand the constant need for the pothead comments? For the 100th time, Musk took a puff of a joint (while not working and not on company property) on a podcast held in a state where marijuana is recreationally legal. The guy has the only American-made auto company other than Ford that didn't need to be bailed out by the government during the financial crisis, builds EV's that sell for $120k that accelerate faster than $1 million Bugatti's, pioneers into things like solar panel roofs, underground tunnels, and space travel. And you're worried he's smoking pot. I just don't get it and frankly I feel sorry for people who can't see past it to see the innovation he is trying to deliver to all of us.

You think Musk is the only leader of a company in any of the states where weed is legal that's smoking pot? If you are invested in the stock market, it's a safe bet that you hold stocks of companies that are run by folks smoking pot, snorting coke, abusing pain killers, doing acid, ecstasy, running around on their wives/husbands, etc. If you're against Musk smoking pot and want to boycott Tesla, fine. But be fair and don't support any other company on the planet where a leader of any type is doing something you morally disagree with.

Does Kimbal look like an idiot for this behavior in the interview? Yes. Is it related to Elon taking a pull from a joint? Not in the least.
that's a mis-information that they didn't take bail outs. tesla took a $500m "loan" durning the crisis and ford took $5.9b the only reason it's called loan is because they survived.

in fact tesla today is still taking bailouts in a form called "subsidies" if you pay tax then you are paying them $7500 for every car they make, if you live in california then you are bailing them out for $10,000. for every car they make. every one of "pot heads" company is alive because of gov bailouts totaling $4.9b as of today.

Old 11-15-18, 05:03 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormwind
that's a mis-information that they didn't take bail outs. tesla took a $500m "loan" durning the crisis and ford took $5.9b the only reason it's called loan is because they survived.

in fact tesla today is still taking bailouts in a form called "subsidies" if you pay tax then you are paying them $7500 for every car they make, if you live in california then you are bailing them out for $10,000. for every car they make. every one of "pot heads" company is alive because of gov bailouts totaling $4.9b as of today.

You actually couldn't possibly be more wrong on anything you've stated here. It's 100% fact Tesla didn't receive a bail out in any way, shape or form. They were awarded a Dept of Energy loan in 2010 for $451 million for Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing - and they paid it back in under 3 years (9 years early). A common misconception is they received bail out money, but they didn't. Did GM pay back their bailout money? Nope. You and I truly subsidized that. And BTW, Chrysler and GM were ineligible to receive funds under the ATVM program because part of what was required was for the company to be in good financial health. One of many sources on the subject: https://www.tesla.com/blog/tesla-rep...ne-years-early

And you have to be kidding - stop making it sound like Tesla is the only company producing EV cars getting the $7,500 initial tax credit. Here are some other stats you may enjoy about how much Tesla has "benefited" compared to other US automakers. With the deck stacked against them, they continue to pummel the competition.Tesla:
Total grants and tax credits: $3.5 billion
Total loans, loan guarantees, and bailout assistance: $0.5 billionFiat Chrysler:
Total grants and tax credits: $2.2 billion
Total loans, loan guarantees, and bailout assistance: $17.6 billionGeneral Motors:
Total grants and tax credits: $6 billion
Total loans, loan guarantees, and bailout assistance: $50.3 billionFord Motor:
Total grants and tax credits: $4 billion
Total loans, loan guarantees, and bailout assistance: $27.6 billion
Old 11-15-18, 05:10 PM
TXgearhead
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

This legitimately looks like an SNL skit. Wow.
Old 11-15-18, 05:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXgearhead
This legitimately looks like an SNL skit. Wow.
^^^^^ You might be right. It has about the intelligence level of one.