IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Breaking news !! Letter from IMEDock's CEO to Clublexus' members !

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-07, 03:59 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Breaking news !! Letter from IMEDock's CEO to Clublexus' members !

So everyone knows the story about the IME Dock, which is the only product on the market that will have universal mp3 and video integration to cars. I have been following this product since the day of the announcement and recently send an email to them as a Clublexus member, asking for product availability for our ISx250.

This is the answer I just received directly from Jonatan Cvetko, CEO of Integrated Mobile Electronics.

In a nutshell, Lexus is negotiating with them to make the IME Dock a factory option. He didn't say which Lexus model but I received the information with great expectation.

Hi Carlos,

I thought I'd answer the question for you myself. My name is Jonatan Cvetko CEO of IME.

First let me thank you and the rest of the members of ClubLexus.com for your interest in the IME Dock.

To answer your question we have several factors that are leading to the delay of the product.

1) The technology behind the dock is unfortunately something that is not readily found off the shelf. We've had to design certain parts such as the connectors from the ground up, which in turn has left for some lofty lead times. Which is why I say unfortunately because we'd like to have had to product out much sooner, though without the these components the product would not be possible.

One of the products main features is the interchangeability, which I realize has been kept in the dark somewhat. Basically this allows the user to install the IME Dock one time and never need to rewire the car again in order to be able to connect a different type of mobile device, so you'll be able to connect the iPod as easily as the Zune or any other player by merely switching out the dock top and still have the device hardwired into the stereo.

2) Secondly, the demand has been nothing short of overwhelming which combined with the lead times for the custom parts needed has unfortunately added to the delay for the product.

3) Firmware, While the product has been ready for some time (aside from having enough parts to build it in mass quantities) some of our partners have not yet caught up to what is needed of them to connect into the cars. For instance Creative Labs has been working very closely with us to finish the appropriate firmware changes needed, their players screens turn off once plugged into the dock which allows for the video content to come out of their device and display onto the monitors in the car, this works great for people who have monitors in their cars but for those who don't they won't be able to see which song files they select. So we are still waiting on whether to release the video version of the product now or to wait a little longer to be able to release the product which functions to its fullest. So we're working feverishly with our partners, Microsoft, SanDisk and the rest in order to have the proper changes made in time.

4) Lastly, as I mentioned earlier we've had an incredible demand which has stretched our resources some. Several car OEM manufacturers have approached us to make the product to be introduced as a factory option, I'm sure you'll be glad to know that Lexus is one of those manufacturers.

In short Carlos we are trying our hardest to meet the demand and bring this product to market to as many people as we can as quickly as we can. Also add to the fact that there are more products aside from MP3 players currently in the works that need to be finished simultaneously with what is going on.

I do want to thank you and everyone else at ClubLexus.com again for your avid interest as well as your patience with us, we're doing all we can and trying to get this out there ASAP.

I hope I was able to answer your question and please feel free to email us anytime. The website will be going through some changes over the next several weeks, updating information in regards to the release and pricing as well as going through a complete overhaul when the time comes for the product to be released. So please keep checking back as the information becomes available.

Thank you once again, and please thank everyone else for me,

Jonatan Cvetko
CEO
Integrated Mobile Electronics

www.imedock.com

Last edited by warrionex; 02-23-07 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-23-07, 05:24 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehe, ok.

good luck lol.