Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Six-month-update on my Lacrosse

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-18, 08:34 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill

Buick is not going to close up. Buick is too popular in China. So importing from China is likely going to be the fate of the LaCrosse IMO. I do think the current crop of Buick’s are not as good as the previous generations, at least the interiors IMO.

You must disagree with Ward's, then. They gave the new Lacrosse one of the Ten Best Interiors award....a fact that you yourself noted some time ago, when you also said you liked it. The new Lincoln Continental, BTW, is also on the list.

I hope you are correct about the Lacrosse still being available in the future in the U.S......even if it has to come from China. Even with its (admittedly) few faults, I simply love this car as a daily-driver. Very strong chance I'll get another one in three or four more years if it is available....unless they screw it up with firmer wheels/tires or suspension or firmer seats inside.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-01-18 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-02-18, 11:24 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
You must disagree with Ward's, then. They gave the new Lacrosse one of the Ten Best Interiors award....a fact that you yourself noted some time ago, when you also said you liked it. The new Lincoln Continental, BTW, is also on the list.
Ward's also had the 2013 Toyota Avalon on the list for 10 Best Interiors.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I hope you are correct about the Lacrosse still being available in the future in the U.S......even if it has to come from China. Even with its (admittedly) few faults, I simply love this car as a daily-driver. Very strong chance I'll get another one in three or four more years if it is available....unless they screw it up with firmer wheels/tires or suspension or firmer seats inside.
Who knows if that will happen. If Ford can't make money with their sedans in the US, I doubt GM can.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-02-18 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-02-18, 02:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Ward's also had the 2013 Toyota Avalon on the list for 10 Best Interiors.
I respect Wards' opinion...and the 2013 interior, on the surface, DID look good from several feet away. But, open or shut the glovebox lid, or try to operate or adjust the front-seat-heaters, or attempt a few more functions inside, and you had to deal with what IMO was some some inexcusably flimsy hardware.

(and, to be fair, there are some things inside my Lacrosse that IMO could have been better-done, like the quality of the paddle-shifters, steering-wheel trim, and a cloth/velour-seat option instead of Leatherette)

Who knows if that will happen. If Ford can't make money with their sedans in the US, I doubt GM can.
They would if they had more customers like me LOL. I'm often a repeat customer if I get good service and experience, am a lot more amiable to sedans than many of today's SUV-fans, don't need financing, provide good-condition/well-kept trade-ins, and, perhaps most important, write checks that don't bounce. Not bragging....just stating a fact.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-03-18 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-02-18, 10:24 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Same complaint I have with the 2013-2016 ES and the LaCrosse, both have interiors that look good but some of the material choices are questionable. I would prefer cheaper materials that wear well and have a consistent look with the rest of the interior instead of throwing contrasting textures together. On the other hand, anything's possible once you get up to LS money - I sat in the top spec model with the glass trim at my dealer today and everything looked and felt seriously expensive.