Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The Amazing Evolution of Lexus' Spindle Grille

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-18, 05:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Could care less about Aston Martin.
Like Jaguar, IMO they have cheapened some of their latest vehicles.....especially the interiors.

Mazda is a flop. In Canada they have an unlimited km warranty now. The interiors while might be well built, they feel too closed in and cramped compared to what Toyota and Honda offer.
Remember, though....Mazdas, in general, are more driver-centered than Hondas or Toyotas.....they aren't necessarily designed for maximum interior space-efficiency.

You are right. Beauty is just an opinion.
Remember the post I did about the time I was helping my ex-supervisor shop for a new Suburban/Yukon XL? We were at a local Pontiac/GMC shop (before Pontiac folded, of course), and a relatively young couple came in, fell in love with a white Aztek parked close to the Yukon XL he was looking at, took it out for a test-drive, came back, went inside, signed the papers, and took it home. The salesman who sold the Aztek told me he couldn't believe it (neither could I LOL). He had never seen a reaction to the Aztek like that. My ex-supervisor, BTW, also took home the Yukon XL that afternoon*. I went through two new bottles of Scratch-Out that day LOL.....one for the couple, and one for my ex-supervisor.

* Just for the record, he took home that Yukon XL, despite the fact that both me and his son-in-law (who was also there wth him) felt that the brakes on that-vintage of GM full-sized trucks/SUVs (2003) were not up to snuff, with excessive pedal-efforts needed for even moderate stops.

Last edited by mmarshall; 02-01-18 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-01-18, 06:33 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ok, many posts now deleted - this is about the evolution of the spindle grill, not whether it's good or bad, or what is the best looking lexus ever.
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
perhaps you've missed the point, the link to the slide show is about how the spindle grills are made and is quite interesting.
OK, this turned back right down the same path... there are eleventy bazillion threads on whether people like a spindle grill or not. Guess we can't have a related conversation.