Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

lexuspartsnow - pure evil imo

Old 09-22-17, 05:55 PM
Werner05
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lexuspartsnow - pure evil imo

Just as a warning to all of you ever thinking about purchasing something from lexuspartsnow...

Tried purchasing fuel injectors. They sent the wrong part number (from the one displayed on the payment page i.e. the part number that I paid for was not the part number that I got, they essentially sent a cheaper part). Now they're asking a 20% restocking fee to refund the item.

They refuse to converse over email, but instead send you a link in an email which leads back to their site if you choose to keep disputing the restocking fee. Well, anything entered on that page doesn't process, you get a circle that goes round and round (waited a good 10 minutes and the page never goes through,tried multiple times throughout the day). However, there is a big button on the email that says "I agree to the restocking fee", which I imagine will work right away.

This is my first time using lexuspartsnow and it's the first time that I've gotten burned while trying to buy a car part online (amazon, ebay, others). Just stay away, imo, it's one big giant scam of a site - lexuspartsnow, genuinepartsgiant (bbb).
Old 09-22-17, 06:14 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I only use Lexuspartsnow so I can get part number to order off a different site. You shouldn't have to pay the 20% restocking fee if they sent the wrong part.
Old 09-22-17, 06:14 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Did you use a credit card? If so call them, explain the situation, and request a chargeback
Old 09-22-17, 06:27 PM
Werner05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Allen K
Did you use a credit card? If so call them, explain the situation, and request a chargeback
I did, they're still asking for the restocking fee, even after they sent a part number that was different then the one that I purchased. I tried to ask them once again for the full refund and but you can't contact them by email, they can send you email but the only way to contact them is through a link on the email that they sent which leads back to their site. However anything you put on that page doesn't get processed, just get a circle that goes round and round i.e. the page never goes through.

Last edited by Werner05; 09-22-17 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-22-17, 06:29 PM
Werner05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSteg
I only use Lexuspartsnow so I can get part number to order off a different site. You shouldn't have to pay the 20% restocking fee if they sent the wrong part.
I should have known. They have so many complaints on bbb (as genuine parts giant). How are they like #1 on the google search result, something has to be done about this company, it's a complete scam. I imagine they're making a fortune off of those restocking fees.
Old 09-22-17, 06:44 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That website is a big mess now.

When I was looking for a bunch of old discontinued SC parts a few months ago, I know for a fact they are discontinued and no dealer has any excess stock, however on lexuspartsnow they appear to be in stock and you can add them to cart and go through the checkout process.

The funny part is, alot of parts on lexuspartsnow do in fact say discontinued and unable to purchase, but an alarming amount of parts still say available for purchase.

When contacting them about the issue, they simply say, yes the part is in fact discontinued blah blah blah, well then do your job and take it off your website and stop wasting people's time.

The individual I communicated with was not very professional.
Old 09-22-17, 06:47 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Oh, and their visual parts diagrams are completely wrong also. You know, the diagrams that have number labels and arrows pointing that correspond to the part you are purchasing.

So you might think you are buying part No.7 in the diagram but really you needed part No.4.

Hearing this restocking fee situation, I can see these parts diagrams causing a ton of confusion and leading people into purchasing the wrong parts.
Old 09-22-17, 07:24 PM
Werner05
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Oh, and their visual parts diagrams are completely wrong also. You know, the diagrams that have number labels and arrows pointing that correspond to the part you are purchasing.

So you might think you are buying part No.7 in the diagram but really you needed part No.4.

Hearing this restocking fee situation, I can see these parts diagrams causing a ton of confusion and leading people into purchasing the wrong parts.
The part number that I bought was 23209-20030. The part they sent was 23250-20040 (if I remember it correctly). The part that was originally in my car was 23250-20030. And they're asking for a restocking fee lol.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 09-25-17 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-22-17, 08:17 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 564 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Werner05
I did, they're still asking for the restocking fee, even after they sent a part number that was different then the one that I purchased. I tried to ask them once again for the full refund and but you can't contact them by email, they can send you email but the only way to contact them is through a link on the email that they sent which leads back to their site. However anything you put on that page doesn't get processed, just get a circle that goes round and round i.e. the page never goes through.
​​​​​​
Didn't mean call the vendor. Call your credit card company and have them issue a chargeback to get your money back. You've given the vendor enough chances
​​​​
Old 09-22-17, 08:51 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I’ve bought stuff there several times and have always been satisfied.
Old 09-22-17, 11:07 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,682 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Werner05
The part number that I bought was 23209-20030. The part they sent was 23250-20040 (if I remember it correctly). The part that was originally in my car was 23250-20030. And they're asking for a restocking fee lol.
Neither of those numbers show as valid in a Lexus parts search.
Old 09-23-17, 06:51 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
​​​​​​
Didn't mean call the vendor. Call your credit card company and have them issue a chargeback to get your money back. You've given the vendor enough chances
​​​​
My wife got ripped off by one of those mall kiosk and let's just say when she disputed with the co jamie dimon runs, they removed the charges temporarily, then put them back when the merchant stated valid, AND THEY PUT IT ON HER CREDIT REPORT THAT SHE HAD DISPUTED. This absolutely works with fraud, like when my card got skimmed, but does not always work on merchant transactions initiated by the cardmember.

Anyway, the BBB fixed my wife's situation, but not that entry on her credit.

I called the said vendor on this thread once, and they were very rude, not someone I was willing to order from.

I used parts.com and it was flawless. I won't mention any names but the prices were fairly low (28% off, 31-33 is the best I've seen on OE other than eBay), and some of the very same authorized Lexus dealers we're used to seeing, actually fulfilled the order.

I needed moonlight pearl door caps which were like $39 or something list? Too rich for my blood, and like $27 at parts.com. there is potential for mistakes as the p/n's match up to paint codes. I just included my vin to protect myself in case I chose the wrong p/n.
Old 09-23-17, 07:31 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Who was the CC company?

This is why I like American Express. I've never known them not to have my back.
Old 09-23-17, 12:03 PM
Propulsion
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I purchased a part from them over a month ago after getting ripoff quotes from the local stealerships. The part was brand new OEM and packaged well. My technician was even impressed with the quality. My only complaint was waiting nearly 3 days for my order to ship after the point of sale.
Old 09-23-17, 01:15 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,682 Likes on 2,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Propulsion
My only complaint was waiting nearly 3 days for my order to ship after the point of sale.
That's to be expected because the seller must order the parts from Lexus, then ship them to the buyer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lexuspartsnow - pure evil imo