Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official 2015 Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 11:22 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
As an AMG owner IDGAF... This car won't be cross shopped by prospective amg/m/rs/turbo buyers however it will be brought up in every internet discussion comparo...
I agree it won't be cross shopped but it does cut down the ego a bit of having the "fastest" or "most powerful" sedan. I give credit where credit is due, the Germans have intangibles that American cars just can't match, but 707hp at half the price, sure I would take one.
Old 08-19-14, 12:06 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Ha I was thinking the same thing. They'll be more like this:

they'll be the ones kickin your azz in any race down the road
Old 08-19-14, 12:59 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

As an AMG owner IDGAF... This car won't be cross shopped by prospective amg/m/rs/turbo buyers however it will be brought up in every internet discussion comparo...
i never said cross shopped, i meant fan boys of this group will take notice & respect unmatched power of a charger hellcat in real life...

Ha I was thinking the same thing. They'll be more like this:
i remember when porsche/R8/lambos & corvette fanboys said the same $%it about godzilla "who are u"
as of today that talk don't exist...
Old 08-19-14, 01:25 PM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are high. I am seriously debating whether to get the M3 or Charger Hellcat. I still haven't made up my mind. So many variables and pros/cons. My previous car was a '12 335i and now drive an SRT8. I live and Germany and can enjoy either choice to its fullest extent (I've gotten my 300 up to 177 mph). So, please don't make assumptions like that. Of course people will cross shop M/AMG/SRT/S&RS!
Old 08-19-14, 01:42 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by Diemellz
i never said cross shopped, i meant fan boys of this group will take notice & respect unmatched power of a charger hellcat in real life...

i remember when porsche/R8/lambos & corvette fanboys said the same $%it about godzilla "who are u"
Godzilla was ground breaking, this is a hot rod. Those are 2 different things. Godzilla is meant to compete with dedicated sports cars, amg/m/rs/turbo's are all fast but they are far from dedicated sports cars...
Old 08-19-14, 01:50 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by jbayse99
You are high. I am seriously debating whether to get the M3 or Charger Hellcat. I still haven't made up my mind. So many variables and pros/cons. My previous car was a '12 335i and now drive an SRT8. I live and Germany and can enjoy either choice to its fullest extent (I've gotten my 300 up to 177 mph). So, please don't make assumptions like that. Of course people will cross shop M/AMG/SRT/S&RS!
There's always an exception to the rule, horsepower junkies x-shop everything. Your traditional e63, m5, rs7 buyer will drive passed the dealership..
Old 08-19-14, 02:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I cant stand domestic cars and I would totally consider a Hellcat. Its just too much car not to at least look at. 60k for Aventador power??? Yeah, they'll sell a ton
Old 08-19-14, 02:21 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Diemellz;8677358i
remember when porsche/R8/lambos & corvette fanboys said the same $%it about godzilla "who are u"
Your average 911 Turbo/Lambo/R8 owner (purchased brand new, that is) is still saying that. They know they have amazing dynamics but at the end of the day...the GTR can do it what it wants and people who drive and repeatedly buy 911 Turbo's will still say:

I'm done with the gif's now.

There's always an exception to the rule, horsepower junkies x-shop everything. Your traditional e63, m5, rs7 buyer will drive passed the dealership..
Yup. That being said, all hail Hellcat!

Last edited by TangoRed; 08-19-14 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-20-14, 12:58 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Although it is close in size and performance to an E63 or CLS63, the Hellcat is much closer in price to the C63 or CLA45. I think those two cars as well as the M3 and S4 are exactly what you'd be cross shopping. Perhaps even the GS F sport.
Old 08-20-14, 04:43 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

It's been proven time and time again that price alone does not dictate cross-shopping, even if cars exist with a similar purpose. Porsche Cayman owners (purchased new, that is) do not cross-shop with the Corvette often, for example. A prospective CLA45 AMG buyer is much more likely to cross-shop with an S3 than a several times bigger, heavier, Hellcat.
Old 08-20-14, 07:01 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Your average 911 Turbo/Lambo/R8 owner (purchased brand new, that is) is still saying that. They know they have amazing dynamics but at the end of the day...the GTR can do it what it wants and people who drive and repeatedly buy 911 Turbo's will still say:

those are the badge hoars

Old 08-20-14, 07:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

This thing is going viral. I walked out of my office yesterday and one of my buddies who is absolutely zero into cars says to me "I'm gonna get one of those Dodge Hellcats"...I was floored he had any idea what it was LOL. Went on to tell me its one of the fastest sedans ever made and it only cost $60k. I thought I was on a hidden camera reality show LOL
Old 09-17-14, 12:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Source: Hellcat Dyno'd Up To 825 HP But May Have Emission Issues

An anonymous Chrysler source has given us some very interesting information: they've dyno'd a Hellcat at all the way up to an insane 825 HP, though they're having trouble meeting emissions requirements at the advertised 707 HP

How Much Hellcat Power To Expect

Our nameless insider tells us that the 707 HP number is not just conservative, but he's not really sure where it came from in the first place. It's a nice palindromic number with some sevens bookending it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the marketing team just picked it. Other dyno tests seem to peg the output around 720 HP, and our source confirms that, at the wheels, the average buyer should likely expect something in the 630 HP range. Which should be plenty.

There's some really interesting technical details here as well: the source claims Chrysler has been testing the Hellcat engine with a Mazda MAF (mass air flow) sensor and a wideband O2 sensor, neither of which have been used by Chrysler. Chrysler uses a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor to figure out the density of air coming into the engine, but it appears that the Hellcat is being used as a testbed for future Chrysler use of MAF-based systems.

The testing may be related to the difficulties our source reported regarding getting the engine to meet emissions requirements while putting out 707 HP. Our source said there were "extreme issues" meeting the emission requirements, so it should be interesting to see how this gets solved when the first customer cars are finally delivered.
http://jalopnik.com/source-hellcat-d...sio-1634869860
Old 09-17-14, 04:31 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

^^^The insiders on allpar all seem to think this is just a clickbait story.
Old 09-17-14, 11:15 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^^^The insiders on allpar all seem to think this is just a clickbait story.
Well it's jalopnik lol

regardless its a related article to the Hellcat

Quick Reply: Official 2015 Dodge Charger