Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti bringing Nissan Juke-based crossover

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 01:41 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex2InfiN
Nah, it's ok, I don't need to. Some vehicles with shared platforms have more similarities than others. For example, to me, the Avalon and ES are basically the same exact car, just with different styling. So yea, they share the same platform, but also share essentially all the same features, priced about the same, etc. We don't know what this supposed Juke Infiniti "rebadge" even looks like yet, nor do we know what's powering it. The small pic of the steering wheel looks like every other current Infiniti though and not like a Juke. I strongly doubt it is going to look exactly like a Juke, with the same exact features, except with an Infiniti badge instead of a Nissan badge.
It kinda does.

I'm sure it will have more options, but it still looks like the Puke, oh I mean Juke
Old 06-13-14, 01:41 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This whole venture is so confusing to me.
Old 06-13-14, 01:53 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Infiniti ESQ vs Nissan Juke

Old 06-13-14, 02:20 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

why would they make this when the juke isnt even successful
Old 06-13-14, 02:38 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
This whole venture is so confusing to me.
It's not that complicated. They needed a small suv with a "premium" badge in China immediately. This is the result. This is only being sold in China.

Originally Posted by LexusNN
why would they make this when the juke isnt even successful
What rock have you been loving under? The Juke has been a hit in multiple markets.

Last edited by TangoRed; 06-13-14 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-13-14, 02:46 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Nissan Juke U.S. Sales

2010: 8639
2011: 35,886
2012: 36,358
2013: 38,157
2014: 23,202 (YTD)
Old 06-13-14, 03:41 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

^ at least one of those belongs to a co-worker. Strangle little car
Old 06-13-14, 08:17 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Please do some research on the difference between platform sharing and rebadging.

Thanks.
And please do some research in general before you try to debate me on here. Still waiting on those links by the way.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-14, 08:41 PM
LexFather

And please do some research in general before you try to debate me on here. Still waiting on those links by the way.

Thanks.
Lol...this is hilarious..Vh_Supra26 clearly showed you are absolutely wrong. Should we quote you?

There is no debate, you are wrong and please do some research on the difference between rebadging and platform sharing.

Old 06-14-14, 07:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Most of you in CAR CHAT already know the difference between platform-sharing and rebadging. But, for those of you who don't, here it is....very simple.

Platform-sharing, in general, uses the same basic chassis/underpinnings/drivetrains underneath, as a foundation for the vehicle, and then varies other features such as body style, interior, number of doors, number of seats inside, and, in some cases, 2WD or AWD. This is widely done by automakers to save development/research costs with an al-new or extensively redesigned vehicle. Though there are many examples of classic platform-sharing in the industry, IMO perhaps the best example (and the one that has come up with the most variations) is the basic Toyota Camry platform, which, in basic form, led to the Toyota Camry/Highlander/Venza, the Lexus RX/ES, and, in sightly stretched form, to the Toyota Avalon and Lexus ES. The basic Honda Accord platform has also been quite flexible, leading to the Honda Accord/Pilot and the Acura TL/MDX, though the Acura TSX uses a smaller Euro-Accord platform which is generally smaller than the American-market Accord.

On the other hand, Rebadging is usually a much simpler and more cost-effective action, which not only shares a basic platform/chassis but the body, interior, drivetrain as well.....basically the entire vehicle, minus some trim and standard/optional equipment. To compare it to baking, it is like making the same cookiies all day long with the same cookie-cutter, and just varying the amount of sugar or icing you put on the surface to make to differentiate one cookie from another. Good examples of cheap, cost-effective rebadging are the Dodge Caravan/Chrysler minivans (although slightly less-so now than in the past), and GM's large full-size SUVs.....Chevy Tahoe/Suburban, GMC Yukon/Yukon XL, and Cadillac Escalade/Escalade ESV.
Old 06-14-14, 12:29 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks.
Its a rebadge Juke

/debate.
Old 06-14-14, 01:04 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks.
Did you not see all of the pictures posted above?
Old 06-14-14, 10:25 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol...this is hilarious..Vh_Supra26 clearly showed you are absolutely wrong. Should we quote you?
Wrong about what?
I was giving my opinion. I don't care how many pics are floating around on the web about this model. Until Infiniti releases official pics and specs, it's all speculation. Furthermore, you can't be "wrong" about giving an opinion. You can be wrong about giving out supposed facts however. I've already pointed out to you how many facts you have gotten wrong in numerous other threads, except in those threads, you just stop responding to me. Understandable.

There is no debate, you are wrong and please do some research on the difference between rebadging and platform sharing.
And please do some research on lease rates and incentives. Still waiting for those links..

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Its a rebadge Juke

/debate.
We'll see when it becomes official.

Originally Posted by jwong77
Did you not see all of the pictures posted above?
Umm, yes. But I had already posted hours before they were added to this thread. If those pics are legit, then yes, it looks like a direct rebadge. But we'll see.

Anyway, according to their CEO, this car is going to be an "experiment" and a "China only" vehicle and not a global Infiniti product. The Juke is not sold in China.

http://jalopnik.com/infiniti-ceo-com...spo-1589448901
Old 06-15-14, 05:14 AM
LexFather

Thank you for the constant comedy

Old 06-15-14, 06:06 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

We'll see when it becomes official.
Those red teaser photos were officially released by Nissan...

And if you take a second look, the red front end and steeling wheel/gauges are screaming rebadge Juke.

Quick Reply: Infiniti bringing Nissan Juke-based crossover