Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q30

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-13, 03:10 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
engine choices will be critical in Europe
haha when Infiniti first arrived in Europe a few years ago, their launch engine was a 5.0 liter V8.
Old 08-28-13, 03:51 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
haha when Infiniti first arrived in Europe a few years ago, their launch engine was a 5.0 liter V8.
Infiniti will have a lot larger range of engines than CT200h...

Their problem is that nobody in Europe knows what is Infiniti or that it exists at all.
Old 08-28-13, 10:54 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf

Their problem is that nobody in Europe knows what is Infiniti or that it exists at all.
Hehe interesting point

Btw, the reason why I said that was because the very first vehicles that they sold were:
G37, EX37 and FX50

I mean it's all well and good (supposedly) and after all, Infiniti cars are premium vehicles and obviously people who buy into these have money.

Thing is though, the rich people in Europe tend to prioritize their home brands. If that fails, then they had resort to a more middle-class market. Unfortunately, those people can't keep up with the high automobile and fuel taxes in Europe........hence 3.7 liter V6 and 5.0 liter V8 are not that sellable.

In short, before the introduction of the Renault-Nissan Alliance 3.0 liter V6 Diesel engine, Infiniti was only selling like 10 units a month for the whole of Europe

But hey, on the plus side, that means exclusivity
Old 08-28-13, 02:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Absolutely I hope they do. This will force Lexus to give in and add things like a bigger engine or AWD
Old 08-28-13, 02:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Infiniti has tried aggressive styling before (FX, EX, J30)...and where did it get them?
Agressive styling works, especially when you consider the younger age of the buyers at Infiniti and the aggressive car they are trying to compete with from Mercedes. Do you remember how big a splash the FX made when it hit the streets?? It wasa big deal. The J30 was funky but still cool back in the day. The EX was a failure from day one. Its basically a lifted G sedan .
Old 08-28-13, 02:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

youre right. Nobody know Infiniti in Europe. What's sad is they know Lexus and they still dont care about Lexus. Id say Infiniti needs to expand quickly but they need to market their cars better and for gods sake they need some extremely economical motors to drop in their car
Old 09-10-13, 12:39 PM
Hoovey689

Default Infiniti Q30 Concept might be the cleverest Q model yet

Infiniti Q30 Concept might be the cleverest Q model yet

Gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/infin...#photo-995610/

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/infin...#photo-994037/

September 10, 2013

Infiniti gives younger, unconventional premium customers a seductive alternative to discover with Q30 Concept

- Infiniti's latest concept vehicle, the Q30 Concept, defies convention to appeal to younger premium customers

- Shifting demographics and attitudes are marking the growing influence of Gen X and Gen Y in the premium sector

- The compact footprint and design language of the Q30 Concept are designed to appeal to an increasingly urban customer base

FRANKFURT, Germany – The new Q30 Concept – Infiniti's future vision for the most accessible product in its range – is an untraditional approach suited to premium customers who themselves defy convention.
The design precursor to a new compact premium entry from Infiniti, making its debut at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, Q30 Concept reflects Infiniti's insight that future growth in the premium sector is about more than shifting customer demographics. A new generation's unique attitude toward premium-ness could be as seismic in the years ahead.

"Younger customers are coming into the premium segment with their own attitude toward premium-ness," said Hugues Fabre, Director, Infiniti Marketing. "They are looking for intense, authentic experiences, and they are willing to bend the traditional codes of luxury and disrupt convention to create better and more customised experiences.

"We believe these customers deserve a premium product of their own. Q30 Concept explores that possibility."
Q30 Concept bends convention with its "design mash-up" of three different types of body style – the coupe, the hatch and the crossover. The result is a very modern alternative to traditional premium automotive products with its sleek silhouette, dynamic character and artistically sculpted, individualistic interior design.

Q30 Concept has a compact footprint geared to the global trend of younger customers entering the premium sector in search of a product that suits their urban lifestyle. The concept's vision is to be the alternative to the practicality and conformity in the compact car segment.
Research among the new generation of buyers – with Gen X and Gen Y soon to represent 80 percent of the market – shows an increasing rejection of traditional notions toward premium cars.

"These customers want to define for themselves what luxury is rather than have others impose that definition," said Fabre. "They're less willing to connect size, presence and high-output power as key ingredients of the premium product. Rather, they're looking more for balance, great design and outstanding execution."

Fabre expects the design of the Q30 Concept – from its honed athletic shape to its sculptural, bespoke interior design with genuine materials, harmonious contrasts and dissymmetric philosophy – to resonate with this attitude.

Reflecting the value they place on connectivity, it also offers a level of technologies and features, such as Infiniti InTouch, not typically found in compact cars.

"Q30 Concept is designed to make an emotional connection with customers spontaneously," Fabre said. "It's a connection we believe they want to make."
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/10/i...rankfurt-2013/
Old 09-10-13, 03:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
In short, before the introduction of the Renault-Nissan Alliance 3.0 liter V6 Diesel engine, Infiniti was only selling like 10 units a month for the whole of Europe

But hey, on the plus side, that means exclusivity
yeah, problem is when you are selling them used :-).

This thing should have a lot of engines from Renault, so thats not going to be a problem at all.
Old 09-10-13, 03:22 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
youre right. Nobody know Infiniti in Europe. What's sad is they know Lexus and they still dont care about Lexus. Id say Infiniti needs to expand quickly but they need to market their cars better and for gods sake they need some extremely economical motors to drop in their car
There is a big difference between Infiniti and Lexus, both in Europe and World.

Lexus - a lot of people know about Lexus... They are just too expensive. With 300h and new 2.0t, Lexus should sell a lot more of RX and IS and GS in Europe... 300h is perfect for that and so will 2.0t be. With NX, they will also gain a lot of market.

On the other hand, Infiniti has no special technologies in Europe... they use Renault engines, they are fine but since nobody knows it is luxury brand, then they dont understand why they need to pay so much extra for it.

So hence Infiniti sells 100k-150k per year WW and Lexus sells 500k per year. With these new engines and with NX as well as new RX, Lexus might sell well over 100k in Europe in 2015. Right now, it will be probably 45-50k for 2013.
Old 09-10-13, 03:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I wonder if Lexus will so sub IS in a sedan after the killed the hideous HS. Probably not. I think the CT is filling that gap for them now
Old 09-10-13, 05:11 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I jsut wish infiniti would come out with a new q45
Old 09-10-13, 05:28 PM
Hoovey689

Handsome little thing. I hope they bring this Stateside and offer an array of efficient and performance trims.
Old 09-10-13, 10:39 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, this looks even better than the Q50. Infiniti's styling language is starting to hit it off starting with the Q50. Looks sharp without being an oversculpted, melted soap bar like it could have easily been. I gotta say, Infiniti has been a lot faster in revolutionizing their design than Lexus which took baby steps starting with the LF-Gh concept in 2011 and later the GS in 2012. Since then, we've seen a much too gradual change from 2011 to the new 2014 IS which I feel signifies the complete metamorphosis of the new L-Finesse. Something that took Lexus 2-3 years to do, Infiniti is doing with 2 models, Q50 and Q30, within a year or so.
Old 06-27-14, 05:42 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Infiniti QX30 confirmed, goes into production in 2015

Will be built in Sunderland, UK

Infiniti's president announced yesterday the QX30 entry-level crossover will become a reality next year.

Nissan Executive Vice President Andy Palmer posted a message on Twitter saying the company's president Johan de Nysschen has green-lighted the QX30. The model will be built in Sunderland, UK starting 2015 alongside the Q30. Back in May, Andy Palmer admitted there is room in Infiniti's lineup for a smaller crossover and indicated it could be sold in China at first but since now we know production will take place in UK, a European availability is very probable.

No further details are available at this moment but Andy Palmer did say the car won't be simply a rebadged Nissan Juke although he hinted the QX30 would likely use the same platform. A rebadged Nissan Juke Nismo will probably be offered in China as the Infiniti ESQ as an undisguised pre-production model was spotted a few weeks ago.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11406277...uction-in-2015
Old 06-27-14, 07:31 AM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so the QX30 and the Juke rebadge for China are confirmed to be two completely different models. That's good. So we've seen pics of the Q30 concept and spy pics of the ESQ Juke rebadge, but we have yet to see pics of this QX30. It will certainly be interesting to see how Infiniti is going to juggle the QX30 & QX50 in their lineup, considering how small the QX50 is (unless they're planning on making it larger for the next generation - likely). So I guess it's safe to assume the ESQ Juke will be badged a QX40. Sort of a niche product ala the X6. 6 SUVs/Crossovers is a lot, but people love their SUVs.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q30