Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-14, 10:41 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
abbes-tunes-the-corvette-stingray

and yet another C7 ruined forever.....worst spoiler I've seen on one....and the wheels don't help either.

Old 10-22-14, 01:54 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
and yet another C7 ruined forever.....worst spoiler I've seen on one....and the wheels don't help either.

Yea I'm not a fan of body kits and huge spoilers. The C7 is beautiful car as is.
Old 10-23-14, 01:45 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexRuger
Yea I'm not a fan of body kits and huge spoilers. The C7 is beautiful car as is.
Agreed. Looks like an exotic without the price tag
Old 10-24-14, 04:02 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really wanted a C7 before I pulled the trigger on the Lexus GS350. I went to see the car, right away I fell in love with it. Since it would have been my daily commuter, I just wanted make sure I would be comfortable in and wanted to take it for a spin. This was back in June when dealeers had only one or two in stock. The would not let me drive it even in the parking lot. I went to see 3 dealers and was ready to make s buy, but I couldnt do it without a test drive.
So i gave up on my dream car and bought a Lexus.
Old 10-24-14, 07:03 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FastTags
I really wanted a C7 before I pulled the trigger on the Lexus GS350. I went to see the car, right away I fell in love with it. Since it would have been my daily commuter, I just wanted make sure I would be comfortable in and wanted to take it for a spin. This was back in June when dealeers had only one or two in stock. The would not let me drive it even in the parking lot. I went to see 3 dealers and was ready to make s buy, but I couldnt do it without a test drive.
you gave up on your dream car because they wouldn't let you drive one? I would have asked to speak to the general manager at dealership #1.

Now whenever you see a C7 drive buy you're gonna be kicking yourself.
Old 10-24-14, 08:32 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
I went to check them out a few months ago. When I got there I asked if they offer test drives. They said yes. So they take me out to the car and show me all the features but turned the car off after that. Kinda weird.

But there are plenty of people on the Corvette forums that weren't allowed test drives and still bought one so it's not uncommon at all. It's a very fast and still kinda rare car so they don't want people abusing them on test drives I guess.

Just by getting in and out of one, I'm not sure if it would make a good daily driver. I hit my head pretty hard on the pillar lol. And visibility isn't very good. Possibly something you could get used to.

I think the M4 would make a better daily.
Old 10-24-14, 10:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

a female client of mine who is about 75 got a c7 and only drives it to church and back. maybe i can buy it when she's 80
Old 10-24-14, 12:30 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
a female client of mine who is about 75 got a c7 and only drives it to church and back. maybe i can buy it when she's 80
Should be garage kept and less than 8,000 miles
Old 10-30-14, 11:20 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"New for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is the Performance Data Recorder, which provides real-time telemetry data by way of a front facing camera."
Old 11-07-14, 10:22 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The Corvette Z06 is one of the most aerodynamically engineered vehicles out there. And for the extreme enthusiasts there’s the Z07 package that has more aerodynamic down force that has ever been measured on a production car. Taken together, the aerodynamic features of the Z06 make this the most capable, most track worthy, and highest performing Corvette, Chevrolet has ever produced. See for yourself.
Old 11-07-14, 11:24 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Motor
The Corvette Z06 is one of the most aerodynamically engineered vehicles out there. And for the extreme enthusiasts there’s the Z07 package that has more aerodynamic down force that has ever been measured on a production car. Taken together, the aerodynamic features of the Z06 make this the most capable, most track worthy, and highest performing Corvette, Chevrolet has ever produced. See for yourself.
that's tight....literally
Old 11-24-14, 10:54 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Correction: The displacement of the Z06 is displayed incorrectly as 5.0L in the video. The actual displacement of the Z06 is 6.2L

On this episode of Ignition presented by Tire Rack, Carlos Lago heads to the infamous Road Atlanta circuit to test the limits of the all new Chevrolet Corvette Z06! Reworked from the ground up, the 2015 Z06 ditches the screaming naturally aspirated V8 of the last generation for a supercharged unit producing 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque. Has Chevrolet managed to raise the bar once more or will this monster Corvette prove to be too much of a handful? Stay tuned to find out!
Old 11-29-14, 10:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Chevy Shows KISS-Styled Stingray and LT1-Powered 1971 Corvette at SEMA

Click here to view more photos

Chevrolet is showcasing two unique Corvettes at the SEMA Show: a 2015 Stingray styled in collaboration with KISS front man Paul Stanley and an LT1-powered vintage 1971 Corvette built with NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson.

Paul Stanley worked with Chevrolet designers to personalize a 2015 Corvette Stingray coupe with a unique candy red hue offset with Midnight Glaze Silver paint treatment on the roof, rear hatch, spoiler, outside mirrors and the front grille.

The KISS frontman also helped select interior enhancements including quilted parchment leather seats as well as additional parchment leather accents in the Jet Black cabin, which also features dark red accent stitching throughout.

The custom Corvette features the available Z51 Performance Package and rides on Chevrolet Accessories forged aluminum wheels in Carbon Flash Metallic – 19-inch front/20-inch rear. The car is powered by the standard 460hp 6.2-liter Gen V LT1 engine.

The same engine has been fitted to another Corvette, a third-generation 1971 model on which Chevrolet collaborated with NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson. The vintage 1971 Corvette also features exterior and interior updates.

The installation of the 460hp LT1 crate engine from Chevrolet Performance in the classic C3 Corvette required some custom fabrication by the Chevrolet build team. Mated to a new Super Magnum six-speed manual transmission also offered by Chevrolet Performance for retro-fit installations, the engine is priced from $11,000 for the wet sump version and $11,250 for the dry sump.

Johnson’s resto-mod Corvette also features an updated chassis, with adjustable coil-overs replacing the original front and rear suspension components, for more precise handling. It also sources its brakes from C6 Corvette Z06.

Styling tweaks include a custom hood vent inspired by the current Stingray, restyled front fender vents and 18-inch wheels that emulate the design of the 15-inch rally wheels originally offered in 1971. Johnson went for a unique silver-blue exterior color, with After Midnight dark silver trim accents and Satin Dark Android graphic accents.

For the interior, Johnson selected original-style bucket seats trimmed in black leather with suede inserts, a suede-wrapped, three-spoke steering wheel, as well as carbon fiber accents. The car features his signature on the floor console, door panels and seat backs.

Besides the two Corvette concepts, Chevrolet is also showcasing a series of aero, chassis and suspension concepts components from the Z06 for the standard Stingray.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/che...-stingray.html
Old 11-29-14, 10:24 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Corvette C7 Probably Won’t be Sold in Korea Because It's Too Loud

While there may not be a huge market for the seventh-generation Corvette in South Korea, that may be culled completely by the country’s noise regulations. They rate the C7’s noise levels as excessive, therefore making the car illegal.

Not that this will affect many people, as only around 12 examples are imported into the country each year, hut perhaps this new model would have been more enticing.

Chevrolet Korea CEO Sergio Rocha said “The launch of the seventh-generation Corvette is being delayed indefinitely due to Korea’s regulation on automobile noise. Although such regulatory stance may benefit the industry in the short run, I wonder if that’s something that should be in place for a long time.”

Whichever way it may go, the Koreans will have lost what has proved to be a very good sports car; a much better one than the C6 that never tickled their fancy…
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/new...t-be-sold.html
Old 11-29-14, 10:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Hennessey announces 1,000 bhp Chevrolet Corvette Z06

750 bhp & 850 bhp power packages also available

American tuner Hennessey has disclosed plans to offer three upgrade packages for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06.

The 2015MY Corvette Z06 isn't even on sale yet but Hennessey has already developed power bumps taking the bhp figure in the four figure region. In its standard configuration, the newly developed 6.2-liter V8 LT4 supercharged engine delivers 650 bhp (485 kW) and 650 lb-ft (880 Nm) which is enough for a 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) run in 2.95 seconds with the optional 8-speed automatic transmission and in 3.2s with the standard 7-speed manual.

For those who are not satisfied with the engine’s output, Hennessey is offering a stage 1 kit bumping the horsepower figure to 750 bhp (559 kW) at 6,300 rpm while stage 2 package raises the number to 850 bhp (634 kW) at 6,500 rpm. There's also the HPE1000 upgrade which lifts power to no less than 1,000 bhp (746 kW) at 6,500 rpm thanks to a 2.9-liter supercharger replacing the 1.7-liter Eaton supercharger of the series Z06.

Stage 2 and stage 3 adopt the larger supercharger and come with a one-year / 12,000-mile warranty while the stage 1 keeps the stock supercharger and has a three-year / 36,000-mile warranty. All of them can be optionally had with carbon fiber door sill plates and H10 monoblock wheel set at an additional cost.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411218...t-corvette-z06

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread