Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Kia K900 RWD flagship sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-13, 12:19 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kia really needs to re-design their corporate logo. The KIA logo is god awful...even worse on a luxury car.
Old 09-21-13, 12:38 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Got my wish... the name has changed. Thank God someone at these car companies still has some good sense!
Agreed, the worst feature is the cheap logo and awkward grille shape.
Old 09-21-13, 01:39 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, that is the epitome of a cheesy logo.
Old 09-21-13, 01:43 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

they also need to understand the importance of a lower stance like the european counterparts do.

mercedes and bmw know how to keep it low while making it daily drivable.
Old 09-21-13, 05:10 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only nice looking Kia is the Optima.

Which is the only kia product that i'd buy! It looks awesome! And the 2.0t is no slouch!

Old 09-21-13, 05:52 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
The only nice looking Kia is the Optima. Which is the only kia product that i'd buy! It looks awesome! And the 2.0t is no slouch!
thank you

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 09-21-13, 06:01 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But all honestly it all ends at the exterior aesthetics. Interior, engine and refinement are lacking with the Korean products.

As much as they have improved they're not quite there yet!
Old 09-21-13, 06:20 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
But all honestly it all ends at the exterior aesthetics. Interior, engine and refinement are lacking with the Korean products. As much as they have improved they're not quite there yet!
I agree that the refinement is not there yet with KiA. my co worker has a 2008 Hyundai genesis sedan and the refinement and solidness is more on par with today's higher end cars.

I read somewhere that within the next 5 years KiA/ Hyundai brand will be on par with today's luxury sedans.

I bought mine for the gas mileage, turbo, and the body lines. it has it flaws a little but I can't really complain.

Old 09-21-13, 09:07 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I agree that the refinement is not there yet with KiA. my co worker has a 2008 Hyundai genesis sedan and the refinement and solidness is more on par with today's higher end cars.

I read somewhere that within the next 5 years KiA/ Hyundai brand will be on par with today's luxury sedans.

I bought mine for the gas mileage, turbo, and the body lines. it has it flaws a little but I can't really complain.

In what regard? Refinement? It can only get better but there is no possibility of the levels of quality, assembly and materials that the LS and S-Class have. Unless Hyundai/Kia develop their own luxury arm that will never be possible. For what its worth Hyundai is more upscale than Kia
Old 09-21-13, 02:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
In what regard? Refinement? It can only get better but there is no possibility of the levels of quality, assembly and materials that the LS and S-Class have. Unless Hyundai/Kia develop their own luxury arm that will never be possible.
i could not disagree more. sure a hyundai/kia econobox won't have the refinement and quality etc. of an s-class but then neither does a corolla or civic. but 'flagship' or other upper end kias and hyundais can absolutely match or beat anyone if they're relentless and serious.

no one thought of samsung when it came to tvs and phones at one time.
Old 09-21-13, 04:07 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i could not disagree more. sure a hyundai/kia econobox won't have the refinement and quality etc. of an s-class but then neither does a corolla or civic. but 'flagship' or other upper end kias and hyundais can absolutely match or beat anyone if they're relentless and serious.

no one thought of samsung when it came to tvs and phones at one time.
From a price standpoint and where they are competing, unless the Koreans can match the physical material quality for less than a luxury equivelant - I don't see it happening.
Old 09-21-13, 11:04 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Looks good but it is odd how only the flagships from Hyundai and KIA are derivative. As of late, all the rest of the lineups don't look like anything else in their respective classes.

It's too bad they didn't photograph a model with properly aligned doors. (Check out the chrome trim below the B-pillar).

looks like a stretched 3GS, minus front face. even the door mouldings were ripped from it.
Old 09-22-13, 06:33 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
From a price standpoint and where they are competing, unless the Koreans can match the physical material quality for less than a luxury equivelant - I don't see it happening.
by 'match the physical material quality' - are you referring to the interior trim?

do you think a cadenza matches the quality of an ES?
Old 09-22-13, 10:43 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
by 'match the physical material quality' - are you referring to the interior trim?

do you think a cadenza matches the quality of an ES?
I have yet to experience sitting in a Cadenza and observing material grade, but I can certainly attest for the ES which as most know by now I find subpar for a Luxury Badge
Old 09-23-13, 02:31 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

their cars are fine. good quality. looks good. quoris and both the cadenza can compete well with it's competitors.

but they will not get the premium of lexus bmw mercedes. People will pay about 8k less for the equal bmw or lexus.

they need to change that cheesy kia logo asap. It just sounds and look so cheap and cheesy like something out of china or a swedish mafia song.

Quick Reply: Kia K900 RWD flagship sedan