Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 01:31 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
They can't buy the company outright, sorry. Sony is more than just electronics, they make movies, have their own studios, have their own financial services, have their own bank in Japan, have their own building etc. etc. Apple's market Cap is big because their stock does well and they are floated by their 'hip' products. Sony has been around much longer than Apple, and even if they don't have the market cap worth what Apple does, doesn't mean they'll get bought out or even think about getting bought out by the competition. Anyone who thinks that is stupid. And what Dead weight are you talking about that Sony carries around? Apple can't begin to talk on that front, the i-phone being on At&t is dead weight imo. Do some fact checking and you'll see sony makes a lot of money. Their sales are plenty and they probably sell much more than apple does. Just because Sony isn't worth what Apple is in STOCK, doesn't mean they aren't as big.
If you have enough money, you can buy ANYTHING. Sony's market cap is ~$30B. With a reasonable premium, it would sell for $40B. Apple has $50B in cash. Sony's stock is held by stockholders who WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL THEIR SHARES AT A PREMIUM. If Apple offered a huge premium over current Sony's stock price, the shareholders would make sure that the Board sells. This is simple M&A 101..
Old 10-27-10, 02:00 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
If you have enough money, you can buy ANYTHING. Sony's market cap is ~$30B. With a reasonable premium, it would sell for $40B. Apple has $50B in cash. Sony's stock is held by stockholders who WOULD BE WILLING TO SELL THEIR SHARES AT A PREMIUM. If Apple offered a huge premium over current Sony's stock price, the shareholders would make sure that the Board sells. This is simple M&A 101..
It'll be hostile, so it'll certainly take well over the 20% premium you suggest. Even $50B is probably not enough.

Either way, it's just rampant media speculation. Apple has no interest in Sony... they don't acquire big companies, ever. It's just the media running away with offhand comments as usual.
Old 10-27-10, 04:26 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
It'll be hostile, so it'll certainly take well over the 20% premium you suggest. Even $50B is probably not enough.

Either way, it's just rampant media speculation. Apple has no interest in Sony... they don't acquire big companies, ever. It's just the media running away with offhand comments as usual.
I completely agree that its media speculation but its naive to think that market cap has no bearing whether one company can buy another. A company's market cap is extremely relevant in purchasing power from an M&A perspective (think AOL buying Time Warner!).
Old 10-28-10, 12:02 AM
omgswifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new xbox360s solved the cooling problem. they don't give our the RROD anymore. but i still love my ps3 over it anyday, free online play is so much better. and Gran Turismo's boss said its delayed but it will still be released before 2011!!
Old 10-28-10, 12:14 AM
gengar

Originally Posted by omgswifty
and Gran Turismo's boss said its delayed but it will still be released before 2011!!
I'm not sure I would bet on it...

Been playing Ferrari Challenge lately to get my fix. Had to dust off my G27 somehow!
Old 11-06-10, 10:34 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebOP34U2XnM

LOL! Gonna see if I can get my hands on a 1st Gen PS3 if it actually does come out.
Old 11-07-10, 09:04 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option-jrgow.jpg
Old 11-07-10, 12:16 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll probably pre order mine sometime soon. Wait first I need a PS3
Old 11-07-10, 03:56 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO!!! Even Hitler is pissed about the delay!! Maybe SCEA will get on it and release it sooner than later!!
Old 11-07-10, 04:34 PM
RED95sc
Pole Position

i must say, im disappointed yet again by the rescheduled release date. but im also disappointed about something else. from the videos ive seen online, it seems GT5 still doesnt have the real engine sounds down pat yet like forza. i always listen for cars with distinctive engine sounds i.e supra, g35/350z, VW R32, audi with 4.2 V8. in forza, these cars sound exactly like their counterpart, not so in GT5. and people can say "well ur listening from youtube", well i say, im doing the same with the forza videos. it seems all GT5 took all this time to do was upgrade visuals, and add more cars. i believe sound is a big part, if i upgrade my turbo, i wanna hear it spool, i wanna hear my BOV between shifts, it would a nice addition if motor swaps were in the game too..am i asking too much, i mean it only took 5 years to make the game

Last edited by RED95sc; 11-07-10 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-07-10, 09:11 PM
AerialAce
Rookie

Originally Posted by RED95sc
i must say, im disappointed yet again by the rescheduled release date. but im also disappointed about something else. from the videos ive seen online, it seems GT5 still doesnt have the real engine sounds down pat yet like forza. i always listen for cars with distinctive engine sounds i.e supra, g35/350z, VW R32, audi with 4.2 V8. in forza, these cars sound exactly like their counterpart, not so in GT5. and people can say "well ur listening from youtube", well i say, im doing the same with the forza videos. it seems all GT5 took all this time to do was upgrade visuals, and add more cars. i believe sound is a big part, if i upgrade my turbo, i wanna hear it spool, i wanna hear my BOV between shifts, it would a nice addition if motor swaps were in the game too..am i asking too much, i mean it only took 5 years to make the game
I thought I was the only one who noticed, even in GT4 the sounds where awful for anything that wasn't a Japanese vehicle... God, I remember buying the Mustang GT tuning it and going "what the **** is this?" when I hear the sound it made. Now I'm listening and watching videos on Youtube and the sound is still awful and I remember some supercar on the Ring driving like it was NFS =|... I swear, if this game ends up sucking all hell is going to break lose.
Old 11-07-10, 10:23 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by (Cj)
Does anyone know if the LFA will be on it? Most advertisements for it feature the MB SLS.
Lexus LFA Concept Car '05
Lexus LFA Concept Car '06
Lexus LFA Super GT '09

yup.
Old 11-07-10, 10:57 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by Incredible
Lexus LFA Concept Car '05
Lexus LFA Concept Car '06
Lexus LFA Super GT '09

yup.
Those are from that fake "10,000 car" list that has been circulating the internets and has been discredited.

As I posted earlier in this thread, the LFA was mentioned as being in development by Polyphony in a magazine interview, so either way it should be in the game.
Old 11-07-10, 11:19 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Those are from that fake "10,000 car" list that has been circulating the internets and has been discredited.

As I posted earlier in this thread, the LFA was mentioned as being in development by Polyphony in a magazine interview, so either way it should be in the game.
I never knew that 10,000 car list was a fake. My bad. :/
Old 11-12-10, 09:59 AM
gengar

11/24.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1133328p1.html

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5 to be released November 2, 2010 ......with 3D option