Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 02:54 PM
Turnten
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Just to give you an update, I took in all your feedback and put together a great report. And the good news is, it looks like the suggestions were taken to heart. We may be seeing some of the items that were suggested here in the future issues.

On a different note there are also some other features I failed to mention before that may be of interest here. Whether or not you want to read the stories, there is some good photography, and there is a photo of the week feed here:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...-the-Week.html

Should any like to, you can also sign up for the RSS feed which will funnel articles as they come to the reader of your choice. The link is on the side of the new section:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...ews/index.html

And lastly, if you have not already played around with it, there is an LF-A vehicle builder linked in the news section as well.

Thanks again everyone, and keep letting me know if you have an questions or feedback.

Charles
Old 01-31-10, 06:21 PM
Turnten
Rookie

Hey everyone. Just want to post a new update for Lexus Magazine as we have some features this month that start to encorporate some of the suggestions in this thread.

On the lifestyle side, there is a good article about Lexus offroad racer Bacal (complete with video) that I believe incorporates more of the Lexus conections some of you were suggesting:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...en-to-Win.html

There is also a brief feature on the new self restoring paint which I beleive was directly suggested here.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ing-Paint.html

Take a look and, and let me know how we are doing. Thanks

Charles
Old 02-01-10, 12:42 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

looks pretty good. At least the topics are relatively interesting
Old 02-01-10, 08:17 AM
Turnten
Rookie

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
looks pretty good. At least the topics are relatively interesting
Thanks! We are certainly trying to integrate the feedback which has been incredible helpful. Also have some good Photo of the Week additions like this LF-A brakes:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/pub...100125_art.jpg
Old 02-01-10, 10:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 532 Likes on 281 Posts

Looks good Charles. It's great to see the progress on the site.
Old 02-01-10, 02:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

I received the paper copy, in the mail, for years, when I owned my IS300. I agree with the posters here who want to keep that at least as a option. However, I noticed that the magazine not only concentrates on too many non-Lexus issues, but also (convienently, I might add) does not mention anything negative or controversial about Lexus vehicles...nothing, for example, about the automatic transmission ECU quirks/malfunctions in the IS300 and ES330 series. In short, it is, IMO, too much a company-PR document and not enough of a realistic magazine for Lexus owners.

On a slightly different note, The Lexus reps at the D.C. Auto Show last week told me that Lexus was going to stop printing paper brochures, and have all the info only on-line (yes, as...........what else?..........a cost-cutting move). In other words, you won't be able to pick up paper copies at the dealerships any more. I'm strongly opposed to this, for several reasons. First, the Lexus web site, and its specs, can take forever to download.....bad enough with Broadband/DSL, but sometimes impossibly long for dial-up computers. Second, the Internet itself sometimes has problems. Third, the paint color-chips and interior shades on many auto-manufacturer web-sites can be a joke, often far from the actual hue as it appears in person.....the paper brochures portray the true color-chips much more accurately. Fourth, on the website, you often have to scroll through long, confusing menus and categories to find what you want.......with a simple, flip-open paper brochure, it is usually much easier and quicker.
Old 02-01-10, 03:16 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall

On a slightly different note, The Lexus reps at the D.C. Auto Show last week told me that Lexus was going to stop printing paper brochures, and have all the info only on-line (yes, as...........what else?..........a cost-cutting move). In other words, you won't be able to pick up paper copies at the dealerships any more. I'm strongly opposed to this, for several reasons.
I agree, I still enjoy a well-made paper brochure.

I'm not sure we are getting a straight answer from the reps and salespeople (which I don't regard as experts on anything usually) at this point, since all the major auto makers still allow you to order (via on-line submission) detailed paper brochures delivered to your home address.
Old 02-01-10, 03:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV

I'm not sure we are getting a straight answer from the reps and salespeople (which I don't regard as experts on anything usually) at this point, since all the major auto makers still allow you to order (via on-line submission) detailed paper brochures delivered to your home address.
Yes, auto-company reps have progressed a little from these days, but still are not always knowledgeable or credible.

Old 02-01-10, 03:55 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turnten
Hey guys,

Just to give you an update, I took in all your feedback and put together a great report. And the good news is, it looks like the suggestions were taken to heart. We may be seeing some of the items that were suggested here in the future issues.

On a different note there are also some other features I failed to mention before that may be of interest here. Whether or not you want to read the stories, there is some good photography, and there is a photo of the week feed here:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...-the-Week.html

Should any like to, you can also sign up for the RSS feed which will funnel articles as they come to the reader of your choice. The link is on the side of the new section:

http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdriver...ews/index.html

And lastly, if you have not already played around with it, there is an LF-A vehicle builder linked in the news section as well.

Thanks again everyone, and keep letting me know if you have an questions or feedback.

Charles
Thanks a lot for the links and incorporating the suggestions!

Originally Posted by IS-SV

I think that the paper brochures could have been stopped for auto shows, where they used to give them away by the ton.

Right now you can still request a printed Lexus brochure by mail, e.g.:

http://www.lexus.com/models/brochures/ls_brochure.html
Old 02-05-10, 11:04 AM
Turnten
Rookie

Originally Posted by encore888
Thanks a lot for the links and incorporating the suggestions!
Absolutely! We will continue to make improvements and incorporate the great suggestions we received here. As new interesting content comes out that appeals to the audience here, I will be sure to let everyone know. And as usual, if there is ever any new suggestions, feedback, or questions, let me know and I will do my best to address them. Thanks guys!
Old 02-05-10, 11:10 AM
LexFather

I really enjoyed the read on hybrids. That was a great article.

Old 03-18-10, 11:09 AM
unick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ERC4
I cancelled my free subscription while it was in print form.
And exactly how did you do that ?
I stumbled upon this thread because I googled the following three words: "lexus magazine unsubscribe"

The magazine contains absolutely nothing I am interested in. In fact, I do not want companies to send me anything I did not ask for. There is plenty of interesting stuff that I can chose from to waste my time on - no need to try to push "lexus lifestyle" bull**** down my throat.

That, and the magazine is way too glossy. Go green guys. And stop sending me 2 magazines each time. Better yet, stop sending me anything at all.

I want to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe from the Belgian, Flemish, magazine. There is no contact info on the website nor in the magazine.

/rant