Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-09, 09:55 AM
Turnten
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback

Hey Everyone, wanted to introduce myself and get some feedback. My name is Charles and I am working with the official Lexus Magazine. We are asking a few Lexus communities for feedback on the magazine and the new format.

Many of the Lexus owners here will be familiar with the print version, but for anyone that is not, Lexus Magazine is produced monthly (by Lexus) with a variety of vehicle and lifestyle features. The magazine is now available online for everyone and we want to know what you think and if you have any suggestions. So take a look and comment away!

Here is some of this month's content:

IS C in Spain

Chef's Table

Here is the news section which includes and link to SEMA cars and the LF-A

News

Last edited by Turnten; 11-23-09 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-23-09, 10:06 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to CL. There was a discussion last year with regards to the Lexus magazine & what owners seek here.. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-magazine.html

Maybe those who posted in the prior thread should expand their views further..
Old 11-23-09, 10:07 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Turnten
Hey Everyone, wanted to introduce myself and get some feedback. My name is Charles and I am working with the official Lexus Magazine. We are asking a few Lexus communities for feedback on the magazine and the new format.

Many of the Lexus owners here will be familiar with the print version, but for anyone that is not, Lexus Magazine is produced monthly (by Lexus) with a variety of vehicle and lifestyle features. The magazine is now available online for everyone and we want to know what you think and if you have any suggestions. So take a look and comment away!

Here is some of this month's content:

IS C in Spain

Chef's Table

Here is the news section which includes and link to SEMA cars and the LF-A

News
Welcome to Clublexus...the last link isn't working

We've had threads in the past on our thoughts, surely members will chime in here again! I will share my thoughts soon.

Thanks!

Old 11-23-09, 10:19 AM
Turnten
Rookie

I took a look through that past thread, and there is some great info there. Thanks for that and the quick response!

Also, if there is any thoughts on the new format, I would love to hear those as well
Old 11-23-09, 11:18 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not really a fan of the new online format. I like having a magazine that I can pop in my briefcase or leave on the coffee table for my family or coworkers to enjoy. There is something to be said for turning the page and having it in your hand.

Additionally, I would like to see a little more excitement as well as focus on the cars and the company. If I wanted a magazine full of hotel information and recipes I would pick up Conde Nast or Gourmet. I don't mean that offensively because I know what the Lexus demographic is like, but if I get Lexus magazine I expect it to be MOSTLY about Lexus.

Last edited by MPLexus301; 11-23-09 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 12:00 PM
TCM55
Pit Crew

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I am not really a fan of the new online format. I like having a magazine that I can pop in my briefcase or leave on the coffee table for my family or coworkers to enjoy. There is something to be said for turning the page and having it in your hand.

Additionally, I would like to see a little more excitement as well as focus on the cars and the company. If I wanted a magazine full of hotel information and recipes I would pick up Conde Nast or Gourmet. I don't man that offensively because I know what the Lexus demographic is like, but if I get Lexus magazine I expect it to be MOSTLY about Lexus.
I agree, I would love to see more upcoming news on new models, updates, technical tidbits on how the factory is run and what makes Lexus vehicle so dependable, as well as F-sport accessories .
Old 11-23-09, 12:10 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It would be great if Lexus magazine published in print again, maybe they could charge a subscriber's fee for the print version, and have limited print runs. I also would like to see more car-related content, for a print version or online. Yes, earlier on Lexus did not have as much of a history to discuss their vehicles, but with 20 years of models there is now significant source material to talk about.

As for the website, IMO it's nice, but a little sterile. I'd like to see a more engaging interface that highlights updates made and is more interactive. The current redesign has nice flash intros, but it reminds me of a static flash website or brochure. If it's to be an updated monthly webmagazine, it would be great if it seemed more like a magazine itself...

...if it offered a PDF downloadable version that would also be great
...perhaps continue the flash intro but add more side columns with headings, news, etc.
...it would be great if it could be read on a tablet or iPhone with a more web magazine style (somewhat related, but not exactly--web magazines like Winding Road, sites like Slate, Salon, etc.)

Also some of the features could be improved. I was tantalized by the prospect of hearing the 'future design direction' of Lexus with an interview with Simon Humphries, but the audio was exceedingly vague and while informative, IMO did not fully reflect the tease at the beginning.

Last edited by encore888; 11-23-09 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 03:18 PM
lex
Lexus Test Driver

I would love a few wallpaper size pictures of the cars with every article
Old 11-23-09, 03:28 PM
amdave
Driver

I purchased a brand new LS in march 2009 and I have yet to receive the Lexus magazine - what should I do to fix this?
Old 11-23-09, 03:54 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Several people referenced past threads on the Lexus Magazine but let me be the first to remind everyone that most of us do not like it.
It's not for enthusiasts in the least....but I don't see even regular owners of Lexus cars liking it. There are no articles on the cars and even if there were, who wants to read about stock Lexus cars.
We are enthusiasts and we want a magazine for us. With beautiful full pics of our cars and stories about the owners and their vision/choices of modifications. Stories about why people who obviously love cars would even choose Lexus with so many other "drivers" cars out there.
I don't want stories about a village in Spain. I don't want stories about gourmet foods. I don't want stories about rich people's lifestyle. There are other magazines for that. I want to see our cars in print. Sign me up for a subscription when you get something like this going.
Old 11-23-09, 04:03 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with all the above comments. But they all missed one point. Can the magazine actually be about LEXUS?

Last edited by Oleg400; 11-23-09 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-23-09, 04:23 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

I bluntly agree with everyone

I was quite disappointed when the articles about the LEXUS cars are so limited. It's basically a bad tease because after I finished reading it, I always asked myself, "This is it?"

I know that Lexus does reflect the luxury/prestige hence the expensive travel and recipe, but we need MORE about the LEXUS vehicles/upcoming cars, concepts. At least 1 full page dedicated to the cars, not 1/4 of the page or so.
Old 11-23-09, 04:55 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

I agree with the above comments. I use to receive BMW magazine and it is/was terrific.

It talked about recent innovations of the brand, new automobile introductions, successful crash stores and just a very interesting read. I would love to see a Lexus magazine like this, it would make me want to buy another. You've got an article on PCS, Remote Touch, KDSS in the new GX, seatbelt airbags in the LFA, and the LF A in general. There is plenty of material. Use it!

When I bought my RX in 2005 I signed up to get the Lexus Magazine and have gotten about 2 issues since then. The distribution and publication is pitiful.
Old 11-23-09, 05:05 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by amdave
I purchased a brand new LS in march 2009 and I have yet to receive the Lexus magazine - what should I do to fix this?
No need to do anything. Since earlier this year Lexus Magazine is no longer printed in the US, it is simply a website with the same articles which anyone can access. I say, bring back the printed version...heck do a 'Mine magazine' and have users select what articles they want, I'll consider paying for that.
Old 11-23-09, 05:09 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Agreed, that would be my preference too.

Quick Reply: Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback