Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New E-Class Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 01:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bad co
Sorry my english is not the best it's a second language for me. I will try to make my posts easier to understand.
Actually I apologize, I came across like a ****....please accept my apologies.

Old 07-14-09, 03:17 PM
dr Lu
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone at my complex got a white E-class new generation...definately a looker..i like it much better then the previous generation for sure.
Old 07-14-09, 08:02 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad co
A man on the computer that has no plans on buying a car like that is angry!! What will mercedes ever do .

Listen up people. Mercedes is changing the playing field just like lexus did 20 years ago. Most of you die hard lexus are paying more and more attention to the star because lexus has gotten repetative. Within the last few years MB has drastly improoved the quality in the car, the reliability, the tech and now with the new e class they added a lot of value. Mercede's wants to be numero uno by a long shot. Thats why they have new hybrid powertrains coming out (s400h and ML450h) and what I consider many class leading model's. Many of you may still be die hard lexus fans thats great enjoy what you like but dont hate try and apreciate and with the cars that mercedes is producing and the rate of improovment to theyre product line the name will mean prestige soon
I guess I'm not allowed to comment about cars on a car forum?

Are you shopping for one of these cars? Either way, we are all free to comment. And BTW, I drive plenty of Benz's as part of my job including S-Class's and E-Class's.

For the record, I never said anything negative about Mercedes. I was displaying my opinion that a cars qualities are more than the sum of it's "tech" features. That is why I believe the S-Class to be the more "advanced" car as a whole regardless of which has the latest gizmos.

IMO, I simply think it's a mistake on Mercedes part to advertise the E as their most advanced car ever when they sell...
an SLR for $495,000.00,
a CL65 AMG for $203,000.00,
an SL65 AMG Black Series for $299,000.00,
an S65 AMG for $199,000.00
ect...

yet the $48,000 E class is the most advanced Mercedes ever?

What does it say about the aforementioned models?
Old 07-14-09, 08:09 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

i think the E class is the most technically advanced car, but those that you have listed are the most engineer-ically advanced car
Old 07-14-09, 09:13 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
i think the E class is the most technically advanced car, but those that you have listed are the most engineer-ically advanced car
nicely said, end of discussion...
Old 07-14-09, 09:20 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YARIS!
IMO, I simply think it's a mistake on Mercedes part to advertise the E as their most advanced car ever when they sell...

YARIS!, pay attention to the commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiyM...e=channel_page

"one of the most technologically advanced automobiles on the planet"

never does it say, it "IS" the single most advanced (overall), OKAY!!!

Last edited by KILLERGS4; 07-14-09 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 09:46 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by memasterac
This E550's front bumper should be standard on all new Es. The reversed L-shape LED lights on other Es make me puke.
So you don't like the upside down LED day time running lights on the bottom of standard "sport" e-class... maybe you like this one better...

I think Lexus will get LED also in due time... man the Porsche LED looks awesome IMO, I'm sure the E63 copied it or the Audi LED's...
Attached Thumbnails New E-Class Commercials-2010-mercedes-e63-amg_3.jpg  
Old 07-14-09, 09:54 PM
LexFather

I believe LEDs are mandated on new cars for pedestrian safety....so expect to see them on cars sold here and in Europe in the future.

Old 07-14-09, 10:25 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

lexus better hurry, all the good designs are being taken. MB with the fog lights, Audi with the curve. What else is left? Better just to make the low beams LEDs
Old 07-14-09, 10:41 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/v...malfunctioning

VIDEO: Mercedes-Benz E-Class commercial features malfunctioning car

The voiceover for Mercedes' "Ignite" commercial for the new E-Class starts with "It is, quite simply, the most advanced automobile we have every created." However, during the start-up sequence before that voiceover, the actual commercial begins with a warning light: when the driver turns the car on, the message "Front Right SRS Malfunction Service Required" appears in the dash – not the type of message you expect to see when your car fires up and does its system check. Still, knowing how these things work, we suspect this commercial was probably filmed early on in a pre-production prototype with an inactive airbag – a common enough occurrence with these sorts of vehicles.

In any case, to watch the commercial and check out Mercedes' official response to the flub, hit the jump. Hat tip to Wai.

UPDATE: Mercedes-Benz USA blocked access to video of the commercial on YouTube, but they didn't get rid of all the copies. Follow the jump for a salvaged excerpt of the commercial.
Funny flub, but it's just a brief blip and you can't really see it unless a freeze-frame is done. They pulled the YouTube ads nonetheless.

I like the Museum ad the best...the coupe looks way better by far on the outside.
Old 07-14-09, 10:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by encore888
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/v...malfunctioning

Funny flub, but it's just a brief blip and you can't really see it unless a freeze-frame is done. They pulled the YouTube ads nonetheless.

I like the Museum ad the best...the coupe looks way better by far on the outside.
lol....

je sich mehr Dinge ändern, desto mehr sie derselbe bleiben

Old 07-15-09, 01:40 AM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

My father and I we went to a Benz dealer over the weekend to check out the New E-Class, I have to say I did not like the car at all. The front of the car looks ok but the rear end of the car just look absolutly horrible......it is way too blend and with no style at all. I was very very dissapointed to Mercedes and the interior did not look that nice either everything looks too sharp and edgey. Anyway, when my dad and I walked out we were both very disappointed.
Old 07-15-09, 04:00 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4

YARIS!, pay attention to the commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiyM...e=channel_page

"one of the most technologically advanced automobiles on the planet"

never does it say, it "IS" the single most advanced (overall), OKAY!!!
Wrong commercial dude, OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH_3RmIdkIA

"This is quite simply, the most advanced automobile we have ever created".

And it doesn't say "technologically" advanced or "engineer-ically" advanced or whatever.

Wow, I can't believe I'm still having this argument. It's so simple.
Old 07-15-09, 07:18 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just test drove the new E-550 sport pkg,blk/tan led fog. Some people don't like the way it looks. I think it looks very aggressive almost CTS& MB blend in the edges. I think the new design,like previous MB & BMW will take time to grow on people. There are alot of small details to the design of this car from shape,creases,& tail section. I didn't like the tails at first but closer inspection I actually the led lights.
Old 07-15-09, 09:28 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by YARIS!
"This is quite simply, the most advanced automobile we have ever created".
right, and it says the most advanced WE HAVE ever created which is different from saying the most advanced ever created (by anyone).

and they're saying it's more advanced overall than the s-class, which isn't surprising since it's new. they didn't say more luxurious which clearly it doesn't win to the s-class.

Wow, I can't believe I'm still having this argument. It's so simple.
lol

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
I just test drove the new E-550 sport pkg,blk/tan led fog. Some people don't like the way it looks. I think it looks very aggressive almost CTS& MB blend in the edges. I think the new design,like previous MB & BMW will take time to grow on people. There are alot of small details to the design of this car from shape,creases,& tail section. I didn't like the tails at first but closer inspection I actually the led lights.
forget the looks, how did it DRIVE?!

Quick Reply: New E-Class Commercials