Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New E-Class Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-09, 11:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

ignite and museum commercials are spectacular. great stuff.
Old 07-10-09, 11:40 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
Let me be REAL!! They SUCK monkey *****. I had nothing but problems with mine.My Dad,Uncle,Friends have only had bad experiences with them too.
Maybe we just got a bad batch.
must be why your sig says: "Lexus is really starting to get me interested in MB 550,BMW 550,AUDI S5,& JAG XF"
Old 07-11-09, 07:43 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PAULGS430

Let me be REAL!! They SUCK monkey *****. I had nothing but problems with mine.My Dad,Uncle,Friends have only had bad experiences with them too.
Maybe we just got a bad batch.
what year was your benz? 1996?

Has anyone heard any problems from the 2008 C class yet?

look at this. The E front end makes the bmw, and especially the jag, look plain. the E looks mean and evil. The jag looks the blandest
Old 07-11-09, 10:07 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Y2K GS4-platinum edition Silver/blk ,01GS3 White/beige,02GS430,02BMW M3 convt. Silver/blk w/blk top,01 Range Rover Silver/blk 2-tone piping,
02 MB S-500 Sport package blk/blk. - mine - too many to list
02 MB S-500 Sport package Blk.Beige amg wheels - dad - still has his & can't wait to switch. He still likes MB thinking about new E-550.
03 MB S-500 Blk/Beige - uncle - regrets getting MB
05 MB C-class Blk/beige - friend - she says never again.

Bit - My experience was nothing but endless problems. MB sucks in reliability. The new 09 MB-550,BMW etc. look like real good choices compared to what the Lexus GS have right now. I still like the styling & design of the MB e550 & S-class. I wouldn''t get 1 from my exp.My experience tells me NO!
I had 3 GS before that were modded to the bone. The current 3rd gen. is weak & under powered.
Old 07-11-09, 11:01 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

I regard the non-AMG benz, which means the vast majority of all Benz, as appliances too Yes, I have driven all of them
Even AMG Benz have numb steering compared with BMW's.

Those are good commercials btw, but the new E-class still needs to grow on me, and I don't think I would ever like the bland rear end.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-11-09 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-11-09, 08:38 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FKL
I really love the rear lights...look nothing like a Hyundai in real life, all the people trying to sell that one are just nuts. Gorgeous car up close, looks like a million bucks!
I agree, they just was to downgrade the car to Hyundai status...The new SLS Gullwin has tail lights similar to the 2010 E-class except the SLS tails are not as long...
Attached Thumbnails New E-Class Commercials-mercedes-amg-gullwin_460x0w.jpg  
Old 07-11-09, 08:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by texan629
You seem to have better luck with the appliances. If lexus is so great how come they haven't put mb and bmw out of business?
What automobile company puts another out of business? They put themselves out of business. There is ample consumers for all 3 brands.

Its funny how a Lexus can look like a Hyundai but a Benz cannot

Old 07-12-09, 02:07 AM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its funny how a Lexus can look like a Hyundai but a Benz cannot
because the Genesis is trying to copy Lexus...
Old 07-12-09, 06:33 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else boggled at Mercedes calling the E-Class the most advanced car they've ever built?

Um, what happened to the S-Class? So has the $90,000 S just been rendered obsolete by the $50,000 E-Class??

Seems like they're throwing their own flagship, which is absolutely more advanced, under the bus in order to push the new E.

Old 07-12-09, 12:50 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by YARIS!
Anyone else boggled at Mercedes calling the E-Class the most advanced car they've ever built?

Um, what happened to the S-Class? So has the $90,000 S just been rendered obsolete by the $50,000 E-Class??

Seems like they're throwing their own flagship, which is absolutely more advanced, under the bus in order to push the new E.

Yup!! As soon as I saw that ad I turned to my then fiance (newlywed) and said what was that all about? So now an E is that much more "advanced" than the "dated" Flagship S-class?? Come on MB I love this new E and all but damn.
Old 07-12-09, 12:54 PM
LexFather

Well newer cars usually have the newer tech so even if the E-class is below the S, it probably has a few new features the S does not offer. Similar to how Acura advertises the ridiculously slow 0-60 in 6.5 second TL as "the most powerful Acura ever" lol...

The new Lexus RX and HS have features that the ES, GS, GX, IS-F do not have...

New car= newer tech

Old 07-12-09, 01:08 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well newer cars usually have the newer tech so even if the E-class is below the S, it probably has a few new features the S does not offer. Similar to how Acura advertises the ridiculously slow 0-60 in 6.5 second TL as "the most powerful Acura ever" lol...

The new Lexus RX and HS have features that the ES, GS, GX, IS-F do not have...

New car= newer tech
There are certainly cases where lower models may contain some new tech not found in the company's flagship but to call the E more advanced [overall] than the S is pretty ridiculous. It's not like the S is at the end of a 5 or 6 year life cycle either, it came out in 2007. And as it is, it packs more technology than any car ever created alongside the LS600hL and 760iL. And it's not just tech features, it's the whole package we're talking about.

It's just a bad move in advertising to crap on your own flagship that is known as the standard of the world.
Old 07-12-09, 01:39 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure how it is bad at all...you are nitpicking. The 2010 S-Class gets all these new features anyways.
Old 07-12-09, 02:04 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
look at this. The E front end makes the bmw, and especially the jag, look plain. the E looks mean and evil. The jag looks the blandest
This E550's front bumper should be standard on all new Es. The reversed L-shape LED lights on other Es make me puke.
Old 07-12-09, 02:22 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by memasterac
This E550's front bumper should be standard on all new Es. The reversed L-shape LED lights on other Es make me puke.
They have to save that bumper for the AMG kit so they can charge you more if you want it

Quick Reply: New E-Class Commercials