Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Top Gear is back!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-09, 08:08 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
where do i DL it???
www.finalgear.com

and yeah i really enjoyed watching the last episode. man i missed it so much. the black FXX is sick!

edit: also guys look into watching james mays space documentary. im seriously at a loss of words right now

Last edited by muhbuhtuh; 06-24-09 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 11:32 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
www.finalgear.com

and yeah i really enjoyed watching the last episode. man i missed it so much. the black FXX is sick!

edit: also guys look into watching james mays space documentary. im seriously at a loss of words right now
DO NOT GO ON THAT SITE NOW. It is full of spyware and virus's if you try to download the torrent/file to watch Top Gear Season 13. I just got a bunch of crap from that site I am trying to get rid of right now.
Old 06-24-09, 12:32 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

whhaattt? my computers fine
Old 06-24-09, 10:44 PM
mr. haison
Pole Position

i've also gone to finalgear.com for the torrents and never had any problems with it.
Old 06-24-09, 10:56 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
DO NOT GO ON THAT SITE NOW. It is full of spyware and virus's if you try to download the torrent/file to watch Top Gear Season 13. I just got a bunch of crap from that site I am trying to get rid of right now.
Huh? I didn't get anything. What/when did you d/l?
Old 06-25-09, 12:24 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Huh? I didn't get anything. What/when did you d/l?
I went on that site yesterday around 12:00pm and where it said the season 13 episode I clicked that button, I believe there was something that said minorva torrent and it may have taken me to a different page (don't know everything happened kind of quick) and all hell broke loose. All these warnings came up from my anti spyware/virus software and I could hear the computer running and something installing. After too many warnings coming up I quickly shut the computer off and unplugged the modem and restarted it and kept getting warnings here and there. I ran a bunch of virus/spybot/malware scans and there was quit a bit on my computer including something called SHeur2 and files like blnqxlg.exe and oxyyxwh.exe.

I got rid of most of it using Spybot, Malwarebytes, and a few others but there is still some stuff on my computer and it still will not let me into safemode anymore. I may have to download a specific tool to get rid of it from "bleepingcomputer". When reading some of the anti virus/spyware forums there was someone else who got a similar virus/spyware from that same final gear site when trying to watch a video.

The computer I was using was completely clean before and I had just updated everything, reinstalled Spybot to the newest version, and ran scans the day before after reading about another damaging virus that is rumored to be out there, all the scans came up perfectly clean. Not sure what the hell happened but I just wanted to give people a heads up.

Last edited by UDel; 06-25-09 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-25-09, 02:52 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

My Norton definitely blocked something big & dangerous from finalgear, nothing installed or anything screwy like that but I got the Norton window that said it had blocked an intrusion. Go Norton
Old 06-25-09, 05:16 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Faymester
My Norton definitely blocked something big & dangerous from finalgear, nothing installed or anything screwy like that but I got the Norton window that said it had blocked an intrusion. Go Norton
Your lucky it got blocked because it was a pain in the *** trying to get rid of it and I still don't think I got everything. I still can't get into safe mode but at least the biggest stuff is out that keeps triggering warnings and slowing my computer down.
Old 06-26-09, 08:58 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I went on that site yesterday around 12:00pm and where it said the season 13 episode I clicked that button, I believe there was something that said minorva torrent and it may have taken me to a different page (don't know everything happened kind of quick) and all hell broke loose. All these warnings came up from my anti spyware/virus software and I could hear the computer running and something installing. After too many warnings coming up I quickly shut the computer off and unplugged the modem and restarted it and kept getting warnings here and there. I ran a bunch of virus/spybot/malware scans and there was quit a bit on my computer including something called SHeur2 and files like blnqxlg.exe and oxyyxwh.exe.

I got rid of most of it using Spybot, Malwarebytes, and a few others but there is still some stuff on my computer and it still will not let me into safemode anymore. I may have to download a specific tool to get rid of it from "bleepingcomputer". When reading some of the anti virus/spyware forums there was someone else who got a similar virus/spyware from that same final gear site when trying to watch a video.

The computer I was using was completely clean before and I had just updated everything, reinstalled Spybot to the newest version, and ran scans the day before after reading about another damaging virus that is rumored to be out there, all the scans came up perfectly clean. Not sure what the hell happened but I just wanted to give people a heads up.
Weird.. could it be mininova instead of finalgear?

I'm using AVG, it didn't pick up anything. Should i be worried?
Old 06-26-09, 09:04 PM
QuachmanES
Lead Lap

I think the best quote from that episode was from the preview.

Girl: Do you do anything to your hair?
May: ....well I wash it.
Old 06-26-09, 11:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Weird.. could it be mininova instead of finalgear?

I'm using AVG, it didn't pick up anything. Should i be worried?
I am using AVG too and it picked up a few things when it first tried to install and during scans, there is still something in the computer that occasionally triggers a warning from AVG. Over the weekend I will try to delve deeper into the problem and totally get rid of it. It also triggered warnings from Spybot and Spywareblaster when it first tried to install. It could be mininova, but I definitely got it from first going on that finalgear site and trying to watch the season13 episode and also read on a anti virus forum where it happened to someone else as well as Faymaster's Norton anti virus was triggered and stopped something.

I would run a scan of AVG and other anit virus/spyware and see if you can go into safe mode as I still can't, if nothing turns up then you are probably safe and did not get anything.
Old 06-28-09, 06:48 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

new ep
bugatti vs mclaren f1
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=448P3M6J
Old 06-29-09, 10:36 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

why don't you guys just watch it on Hessmo.com?
Old 06-29-09, 11:47 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i think u prob just clicked on some google ad word ad on mininova
finalgear will never be tainted
even if it was, it must have been google ad word which cant be helped
Old 06-29-09, 12:08 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

hey guys, try using firefox instead of that useless POS IE.

you won't have these problems

Quick Reply: Top Gear is back!!