Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Hayabusa or Ninja?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-09, 11:56 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Hayabusa or Ninja?

So im going to get a bike, and debating between the 2009 hayabusa or the 2009 ninja.

Ninja is shorter and has like 12 CC more then the busa. but shouldnt matter too much.

on the 2008 tests, the busa had more hp and was faster but not by much, also noted was the ninja was more for comfort. but havent found anything on the 2009s, comparison wise.

So if anyone can help me out and give me the pros and cons, im sure someone has one out there, or knows someone that does. Phil, your the bike guru, can you give me some info.

Thanks
Old 01-14-09, 03:33 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 211 Likes on 161 Posts

How many years riding experience do you have? Also, Ninja isn't a model, it's a sub-brand. The model is ZX-n, where n is the first digit (or two) in the engine displacement. Asking about the 2009 Ninja is like asking people what they think of the 2009 Lexus.

But most importantly, how many years riding experience do you have? (yes, I'm repeating myself, and for good reason)
Old 01-14-09, 06:51 AM
ho0n
Pole Position

Yep, what he said.
The 'busa can be a suicidal ride. You hit 90+ degrees wheelies on stock everything with what, half-throttle?
Old 01-14-09, 06:54 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What bike are you riding now?
Old 01-14-09, 08:57 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

either one will be fine. just depends on which style you look better. busa's look hideous to me but that's just imo.

not to second guess your choice, but what do you need that size bike for? yeah, i have a zx12R, which is why i ask. there's no way i can ever use all the power my bike has on the street. i would actually trade my 1200cc bike for a 600 or 750 because they are better suited for the riding i like to do; back roads, curves, handling type stuff.
if you're just wanting to cruise around, then a larger displacement will be fine for you. just be careful, these 1000cc+ bikes are no joke.
Old 01-14-09, 09:05 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Suzuki GSX1300 Hayabusa vs. Kawasaki ZZ-R1400 Ninja

Here it goes:

ENGINE: Both are insane. However, the 'Busa has more available torque in lower RPM than the Kawi, making the 'Busa more responsive. The Kawi begs to be ridden harder; it's more of a track bike than the 'Busa.

WEIGHT: Both are too heavy for me. What both lack in agility is compensated by smooth and sturdy rides. Both are confident, especially with the right type of tires.

GADGETS: The 'Busa takes the cake, with adjustable front and rear suspension, and three power modes (depending on your mood ).

RELIABILITY: Japanese? Yeah, they're near flawless...

MY CHOICE: Styling and resale alone will make me lean towards the 'Busa. I personally won't touch either one, because I prefer functional bikes over track bikes. But between the two, the 'Busa is more capable as both a track bike and "everyday" street bike...
Old 01-14-09, 09:32 AM
Mbenz528i
Lexus Test Driver

Nothing more to say once Phil hit it!

I would go Busa as well, but I much prefer a better handling bike. I ride a R1 and would love to trade up to a Duc, but Busas scare me.
Old 01-14-09, 09:42 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Neither get a speed tripple 1050 by triumph theyre is no sexier bike out theyre and it goes like a raped ape, it doesnt sound like a honda either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY__qWFRdpM
Old 01-14-09, 10:54 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

To the OP, your 19 insurance will be out of this world
Old 01-14-09, 12:19 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both bikes are insanely quick - I would find out which one fits you better by sitting on each one if you haven't already. The bikes are pretty closely matched as far as specs go - it'll come down to the rider's abilities more than anything.

I've always been a Busa fan - but I really like the ZX-14. I wouldn't turn down either one.

Have you seen the comprehensive display between the guages on the ZX-14? It shows LOTS of nice data like MPG, gear position, etc...

I'm not too keen on the ZX-14's colors for 2009 though.
Old 01-14-09, 12:44 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ho0n
Yep, what he said.
The 'busa can be a suicidal ride. You hit 90+ degrees wheelies on stock everything with what, half-throttle?
Not really. Busa has longer wheels base, unless you clutch it, it won't come up just like that.
1k bikes are more aggressive than Busa.
Old 01-14-09, 03:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
But most importantly, how many years riding experience do you have? (yes, I'm repeating myself, and for good reason)
I hear that, I had an YZF-R1 for a few years until I smashed the bones in my leg with a nice fall into a concrete wall, 1 month in hospital does wonders.

Anyway, I would say the busa for sure if you know how to ride.
Old 01-14-09, 05:36 PM
yusef
Lexus Champion

Haha i know the ninja has sub categories i was referring to the zx14 because thats the one thats the closest compared to the busa.

Im just trying to get opinion out here. and i know most say dont get it because of inexperience. but knowing myself, i feel ill be ok. i know alot of people with bikes that help me out with that.

Thanks phil specifically for the input. still going to be a few months before anything is bought, but just trying to do some research.
Old 01-14-09, 06:50 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by yusef
Haha i know the ninja has sub categories i was referring to the zx14 because thats the one thats the closest compared to the busa.

Im just trying to get opinion out here. and i know most say dont get it because of inexperience. but knowing myself, i feel ill be ok. i know alot of people with bikes that help me out with that.

Thanks phil specifically for the input. still going to be a few months before anything is bought, but just trying to do some research.
Believe me that I have many friends that have experience on bikes but until you get on one and get your own experience you really cannot use theirs. They can talk to you and tell you stuff but the execution is the most important. These types of bikes are only for professionals. I am 6'4" 230lbs and I had an R6S and trust me that it was more than enough bike for me.
Old 01-14-09, 06:57 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Review life insurance first.

Quick Reply: 2009 Hayabusa or Ninja?