Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart @ NAIAS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-08, 08:35 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo's got wider front and back fenders. Also the sides of the intercooler on the ralliart's not covered like the evo, it looked more like a personally modified lancer instead with the intercooler sides showing like this...
Old 01-10-08, 09:15 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so this is like a mid model b/t the base and Evo X? like the WRX is for the imprezza?
Yup, that's the target market.
Old 01-10-08, 10:36 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where did the motor come from?
240hp detuned evo motor???

The Ralliart grill looks better with chrome trim... almost Audi like.
Old 01-10-08, 10:47 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by blacksc400
where did the motor come from?
240hp detuned evo motor???

The Ralliart grill looks better with chrome trim... almost Audi like.
Supposedly a detuned EVO X motor. Previously we were hearing that it could be an EVO IX motor/drivetrain.

I like the grill on this one over the EVO one, the EVO looks too gaudy, this detracts from the crap that's in between the chrome ring. I am a large fan of Audi's grille, hardly anyone is.
Old 01-10-08, 11:21 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
Supposedly a detuned EVO X motor. Previously we were hearing that it could be an EVO IX motor/drivetrain.

I like the grill on this one over the EVO one, the EVO looks too gaudy, this detracts from the crap that's in between the chrome ring. I am a large fan of Audi's grille, hardly anyone is.
i like it; i would pick if over the X. the difference in power can easily be made up by anyone witha knowledge of turbo cars for very little cost.

i hope it is the evo9 engine, much better and more durable than the X. traditional 4g63t, iron block rather than the new unproven all aluminum 4b11t.
Old 01-10-08, 12:48 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But it will never match Evo's suspension and all its tuning and balance as a pure race car though.
Old 01-11-08, 05:27 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

you're right, but i'm sure that any different suspension components that the evo has will bolt right on; even upgraded aftermarket parts, so in the end, it could be better than a stock evo!
mitsu is great like that, most parts are interchangeable. for example, right now i'm putting an EVO3 engine into a 1991 dodge colt. it bolts right in. then i'll just take a wiring harness from a turbo talon tsi, swap it with the colt harness and fire it up!
Old 01-11-08, 05:36 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by 19psi
you're right, but i'm sure that any different suspension components that the evo has will bolt right on; even upgraded aftermarket parts, so in the end, it could be better than a stock evo!
mitsu is great like that, most parts are interchangeable. for example, right now i'm putting an EVO3 engine into a 1991 dodge colt. it bolts right in. then i'll just take a wiring harness from a turbo talon tsi, swap it with the colt harness and fire it up!
I know a bunch of DSMers in CT and they love their cars but they also gripe about the reliability and how often they have to replace major parts.
One guy I know has a 4G63 in a Hyundai Accent. Total sleeper (except for the exhaust). The body is all sorts of beat up but the engine and drivetrain always surprises people. He swapped an AWD drivetrain in there as well.
There are so many cars that have been touched with the 4G63 or interchangeable parts.
Old 01-13-08, 07:59 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

The new Lancer Ralliart reinforces the sporty identity of the Lancer lineup (Lancer, Lancer Ralliart and Lancer Evolution) with aggressive styling and driving performance that creates a unique product between the Lancer GTS 2.4 and the Lancer Evolution models. The Lancer Ralliart makes effective use of the Lancer's rigid unibody and four-wheel independent suspension by mating this capable chassis to a turbocharged engine and all-wheel-drive.

Mechanical
Lancer Ralliart is powered by the new 4B11 2.0-liter DOHC MIVEC intercooled and turbocharged engine (also used in the Lancer Evolution) that develops an estimated 235 horsepower. The engine is mated to Mitsubishi's efficient Twin Clutch-SST gearbox that helps enhance the sporty nature of the vehicle by allowing the driver to execute lightning-quick, silky-smooth, paddle-actuated shifts. The TC-SST transmission also operates in fully automatic modes for Normal and Sport driving conditions.
The Lancer Ralliart's full-time 4WD driveline features Mitsubishi's Active Center Differential (ACD). The ACD unit employs an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch center differential, vectoring drive torque to the front and rear according to different driving conditions to realize the best balance between steering response and traction characteristics on Tarmac, Gravel, or Snow surfaces.
Lancer Ralliart is also equipped with front helical limited slip differential and a rear differential mechanical limited slip differential.

Design
Elaborating on the basic sporty design and proportions of the Lancer, the Lancer Ralliart exterior is distinguished by its more aggressively styled front bumper design, rear bumper cover, dual outlet muffler and a lightweight aluminum, ducted hood that delivers cooling air to the turbocharger.
The interior design places greater emphasis on function and vehicle control. Lancer Ralliart is equipped with FAST key, Bluetooth® hands-free telephone interface, the same Twin Clutch-SST shifter used on Lancer Evolution, and easily accessible steering column mounted paddle shifters.
Available equipment and options to include: Recaro seats, HID headlights, 650-watt Rockford Fosgate 9-speaker audio system, Sirius satellite radio, power sunroof, and a 30-gigabyte hard drive navigation system with digital music server.
Old 01-14-08, 05:30 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

sounds like a helluva deal, fr and rr lsd's, sst, and acd!
Old 01-14-08, 06:18 PM
ZestJDM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on the price yet?
Old 01-14-08, 08:28 PM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

this car will sell...better options list then the regular WRX.
Old 01-14-08, 08:45 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

remove that chrome grill thing, looks way out of place
Old 01-14-08, 08:47 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

the new Lancer looks great in person!