Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SO I FINALLY GOT A NEW CAR A JAGUAR S-TYPE R WHAT A BEAST 400hp THIS CAR IS AMAZING !

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-07, 10:59 PM
andsimp2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres one with out Navi at the Porsche/MB Dealer. I think I will get Black Rims like this car too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-Ja...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12-29-07, 04:48 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andsimp2
I bought it at wholesale price. How do I know ? I have the recent auction price listing from sales at Manhiem.
Perhaps I should have worded it better. My question was regarding the car being certified. Jaguar doesn't certify wholesale cars. Certified Jaguars can only be sold by a certified Jaguar dealer. Also, the car must be in absolutely pristine condition with less than 60k miles. Wholesale cars are cars that are not worthy to even be on the dealers lot and usually go to auction.
Jaguars' Certified Pre-Owned (Select) come with a 100k mile warranty so why did you feel the need to buy a warranty?
Anyway, nice car. Enjoy.
Old 12-29-07, 08:43 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jmd93
o looks very nice, id line it up to a 2003 m5 and a 2003 mercedes benz e55 amg? i think thats what it's called, that would be a fun race, lol, but hey really good deal, hope you enjoy it
I hate to burst your bubble but an R S type wanted to play from a red light one day when I was driving my Wife's E55. When the light turned green he bolted out from the light. Once the 55 hooked up, I pulled away like he was standing still. The E55 is bone stock. The R's are quick but are no match for an E55.
Old 12-29-07, 09:14 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

So I picked me up a 2003 Jaguar S-Type R with 66K miles, Black Metalic, Cream Interior, Bi-Xenons, Parktronic, Brembo Brakes,Touch Screen DVD Navi and with Jaguar Select Edition Warranty til 10/30/08, for $16500 Out The Door that including Taxes too. I wouldnt buy one of these cars without the warranty period. This car is really fast. Its a V8 Supercharged 400 HP car. I like the DVD Navi bc it talks to you too. It will take me some time getting use to my new Jag, since I a Benz guy and thats all I ever drive. Im only 22 btw. The car is really cool, the downside is the MPGs. Other than that this car is sick, and extremely rare more rare than AMG or M3. Dealer says they only seen 2 of them. I will post pics in the morning. This car is amazing, best bang for the price.
It appears that you have posted this on every forum on the internet. Not to burst your bubble but here are the stats on your car:
Jaguar S Type R Specifications:

Make and Model: Jaguar S Type R Year: 2002 Engine Type: 4.2 liter 32V V-8 Torque: 408lb-ft@3500rpm Acceleration 0-60: 5.3 s Suspension: Computer Active Technology Wheel Base: 114.5 inches List Price: $62,400 Horsepower: 400bhp@6100rpm Top Speed: 155 (electronically controlled) mph Brakes: Brembo 4-wheel vent. disc Transmission: 6-Speed ZF Automatic Weight: 4046 lbs

5.3 seconds 0-60 does not qualify this as a beast; quick maybe but not a beast.
Old 12-29-07, 09:32 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Well its a beast in his eyes. He is coming from a C230 what else do you expect him to say? I would be saying the same thing if I sold my IS250 and went with a car that has 400hp.

Let the guy enjoy his new car, no need to be harsh about it.
Old 12-29-07, 09:38 AM
Arvin
Rookie

Congratulation. Your Jag is awesome.
Old 12-29-07, 10:33 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Perhaps I should have worded it better. My question was regarding the car being certified. Jaguar doesn't certify wholesale cars. Certified Jaguars can only be sold by a certified Jaguar dealer. Also, the car must be in absolutely pristine condition with less than 60k miles. Wholesale cars are cars that are not worthy to even be on the dealers lot and usually go to auction.
Jaguars' Certified Pre-Owned (Select) come with a 100k mile warranty so why did you feel the need to buy a warranty?
Anyway, nice car. Enjoy.

I bought my car from a private party deal. So I got the CPO Select Edition that came on the car, it still had the warranty left on it. It got transfered to me. So thats how I bought it wholesale and certified.
Old 12-29-07, 10:36 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Well my car is 03 S-Typer R and its 5 secs even they didnt make them in 02, I checked it, I get a ECU and I be doing 500 HP with 0-60 4.3 Secs thats Fast.
Old 12-29-07, 10:44 AM
LexFather

Well my car is 03 S-Typer R and its 5 secs even they didnt make them in 02, I checked it, I get a ECU and I be doing 500 HP with 0-60 4.3 Secs thats Fast.
I feel your excitement but this car never won a review against the M5 or E55 or RS6.

Also, please have money set aside b/c it WILL have problems. The EVO long term S-type R broke down pretty much every month.

Please be careful!!

Old 12-29-07, 10:51 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I feel your excitement but this car never won a review against the M5 or E55 or RS6.

Also, please have money set aside b/c it WILL have problems. The EVO long term S-type R broke down pretty much every month.

Please be careful!!

I only keep my cars for 4-6 months tops. I always buy cars with CPO Warranty left on it too with zero deductibles. So I wont be spending a dime if something breaks down. I know what Im doing. Best way to buy a car is research for 1 month, make sure whip is clean, run VIN with dealer see the servicing of the car, make sure its CPO or has extended warranty, or fact warranty remaining, then cop it from a private person whos in a rush to sell , either bc they got a new car. Always low ball your price example wholesale exact price use Blackbook or Manhiem Auction Reports just subscribe. Thats all, every 4-6 months new whip, make small profit $1k-3k, zero depreciation. Always buy offseason not in summer prices do go up ya dig.

Last edited by andsimp2; 12-29-07 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-29-07, 11:01 AM
LexFather

I only keep my cars for 4-6 months tops. I always buy cars with CPO Warranty left on it too with zero deductibles. So I wont be spending a dime if something breaks down. I know what Im doing. Best way to buy a car is research for 1 month, make sure whip is clean, run VIN with dealer see the servicing of the car, make sure its CPO or has extended warranty, or fact warranty remaining, then cop it from a private person whos in a rush to sell , either bc they got a new car. Always low ball your price example wholesale exact price use Blackbook or Manhiem Auction Reports just subscribe. Thats all, every 4-6 months new whip, make small profit $1k-3k, zero depreciation. Always buy offseason not in summer prices do go up ya dig.
If thats the case, I understand.

Old 12-29-07, 11:06 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Yeah man I dont fool around, I switch my whips like my kicks.
Old 12-29-07, 11:10 AM
andsimp2
Driver

Well actually I saved $600 on my insurance switching to the Jag S-Type R than my Mercedes C230. Also Im not too heavy on the accelerator, only when I smoke someone at the stop light if they want war. Thats it. You drive decent, you can get 25-26 hwy 17-18 city. Its your driving patterns. I put it on cruise on hwy not to mention.
Old 12-29-07, 11:15 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Please be careful!!
Yes, Jags are typically worse-than-average when it comes to reliablity, but a lot depends on how you drive and take care of them. If he takes my advice and uses the synthetic oil, for example, it will help stave off a number of heat-related engine problems with that supercharger.

And I agree with gsrthomas....some people enjoy their cars despite unreliability. Corvette owners are a good example.
Old 12-29-07, 11:24 AM
andsimp2
Driver

I See More M3s and 335s on my block they are way too common. E46 m3s I probaly see 15 of them in a day. 335s I see about 20 a day. S-Type R's never see one here on the block. S-Type R = RARE. Only less than 3000 Made, only 1000 in America. What does that say ? Extremely Rare. I take a Rare Car for less. I like to be distinctive.

Quick Reply: SO I FINALLY GOT A NEW CAR A JAGUAR S-TYPE R WHAT A BEAST 400hp THIS CAR IS AMAZING !