Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Problems with Lexus of Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-07, 05:47 PM
noliesss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Seems like Lexus dealors look down upon younger lexus owners
They are looking down and they think that we don't know anything about cars. I hate the way they tell me "It's on every lexus. the factory build them that way". freaking pisses me off.

Last edited by noliesss; 02-19-07 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 07:31 PM
SonicBlue
Driver School Candidate

Its doesnt happen with every Lexus. But it is a re-occuring problem. The headlights werent sealed properly from the factory. Things like that happen when you mass produce products. Which is why dealerships should replace unproperly sealed headlights.

And for anyone else who has experienced the same problem, and have received new headlights I suggest taking matters into your own hands, because your new headlights have a good chance of doing the same thing as the old ones. I suggest trying to seal them yourself with a clear epoxy or similar type glue.
Old 02-20-07, 12:51 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

I bought our GX at Lexus of Tacoma (Under the same ownership as Lexus of Bellevue) and was really indifferent to my buying experience/service with them. When I decided to buy the RX350 I went straight to Lexus of Tacoma and talked to the same sales advisor I bought the GX from.

He/Sales Mgr. were unwilling to make any sort of deal on the RX so I e-mailed Lexus of Seattle. In the e-mail Matt, the internet sales mgr. told me to bring the "deal" sheet that I had from Lexus of Tacoma and they would save me $2,000. I took the drive to Lexus of Seattle and sure enough they did just that, not to mention that I was in and out in under 2 hours, by far the best experience I have EVER had buying a car. Matt wasn't in the day that I went in so he informed Wayne about the prior correspondence so that he could take over where Matt left off. They both did excellent jobs.

I was even impressed with the finance manager... I paid cash for the RX but she still needed to do licensing and registration in addition to pitching the warranty etc. I had decided that I was going to get the StoneGuard applied to the new car and had already spoken with a detailer near my home who agreed to do it for $800. Lexus of Seattle charges $1000 normally but "to keep my business" she only charged me $800. One thing that I was concerned about was the fact that the Xpel system was being used instead of the StoneGuard which I had used in the past, she assured me they were the same. After installation when I found that the two systems were not in fact the same, Stoneguard wraps around the edges of hood and fenders while Xpel does not, Tim and Loan, the finance mgr, both went out of their way make it exactly the way I wanted it.

Having purchased many luxury cars (MB, BMW, Acura, Audi) in my lifetime I have never received the amazing service that I did at Lexus of Seattle.
Old 02-20-07, 04:07 PM
noliesss
Driver

yeah, the sale experience is where they go out of their way to get you to buy but when it comes to warranty service, it is a whole different story. They will go out of their way to reject you for warranty issues. If you pay for service then they will again go out of their way to charge you. Anything that is free is when they will hassel you
Old 02-20-07, 10:39 PM
SonicBlue
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
I bought our GX at Lexus of Tacoma (Under the same ownership as Lexus of Bellevue) and was really indifferent to my buying experience/service with them. When I decided to buy the RX350 I went straight to Lexus of Tacoma and talked to the same sales advisor I bought the GX from.

He/Sales Mgr. were unwilling to make any sort of deal on the RX so I e-mailed Lexus of Seattle. In the e-mail Matt, the internet sales mgr. told me to bring the "deal" sheet that I had from Lexus of Tacoma and they would save me $2,000. I took the drive to Lexus of Seattle and sure enough they did just that, not to mention that I was in and out in under 2 hours, by far the best experience I have EVER had buying a car. Matt wasn't in the day that I went in so he informed Wayne about the prior correspondence so that he could take over where Matt left off. They both did excellent jobs.

I was even impressed with the finance manager... I paid cash for the RX but she still needed to do licensing and registration in addition to pitching the warranty etc. I had decided that I was going to get the StoneGuard applied to the new car and had already spoken with a detailer near my home who agreed to do it for $800. Lexus of Seattle charges $1000 normally but "to keep my business" she only charged me $800. One thing that I was concerned about was the fact that the Xpel system was being used instead of the StoneGuard which I had used in the past, she assured me they were the same. After installation when I found that the two systems were not in fact the same, Stoneguard wraps around the edges of hood and fenders while Xpel does not, Tim and Loan, the finance mgr, both went out of their way make it exactly the way I wanted it.

Having purchased many luxury cars (MB, BMW, Acura, Audi) in my lifetime I have never received the amazing service that I did at Lexus of Seattle.
Stoneguard and X-Pel are companies that specialize in clear masks. They all use the same material, 3M. It all depends on the design of the kit. Everyone has a different design, unless they buy designs from other companies. Our clear mask installer has his own design which might be different from what other companies offer for that particular car. So needless to say, our installer went well out of HIS way to make a custom kit for your car. Just thought I would let you know that. Its all the same material.

Glad to hear about the your experience with us!
Old 02-28-07, 02:59 PM
mbud
Driver

I have the same problem with Lexus of Erin Mills in the Toronto Area... I'm 19 now and i drive a 2002 ES300, and the customer service i get there is a joke! Pure attitude and those guys constantly try to rip me off.

After numerous negative experiances, i switched to another dealership and finally the customer service is what you would expect from a luxury car dealership.
Old 02-28-07, 11:04 PM
noliesss
Driver

Originally Posted by mbud
I have the same problem with Lexus of Erin Mills in the Toronto Area... I'm 19 now and i drive a 2002 ES300, and the customer service i get there is a joke! Pure attitude and those guys constantly try to rip me off.

After numerous negative experiances, i switched to another dealership and finally the customer service is what you would expect from a luxury car dealership.
Yep, i switched from lexus of seattle to lexus of bellevue and it's a whole different story. At Bellevue, they treated me with respect and no question asked. i feel better going to them. now on the other hand lexus of seattle, they treated me like crap and try everything to turn me away from warranty issue and this is where i purchase the car from. what kind of crap is that? the managers never return my call like they said and have not heard any sorry about your experience with us or anything from them ever since. i expected and appology at least but nothing. This is the reason why you guys should not go to lexus of seattle for service or anything for that matter.