Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Problems with Lexus of Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 09:15 PM
noliesss
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Lexus of Seattle

I look very young and also 23. I brought my car in 3 weeks ago for a whole bunch of stuff including, vibration at idles (the whole car shakes and the seats is like a low low massager), car pulls to the left hard, scratches on the headlights (from the dealer when they detailed it before i took the car home scratched at the same position on both sides), brakes squeals, bad vibration at cold startup that pull the car if i lightly let go of the brake not off the brake yet, the transmission is not downshifting right when stopping (when i brake slowly and the gear jump down to 1 the engine will drag the car down hard, it is fine when i brake hard and only happen when i brake very lightly, it does not feel good or right.
I was helped by Tim (service advisor), he took one look at me and did not treat me with respect at all. he talked to me like i"m nothing and i really needed him. i was very mad with the attitude but i didn't want to say anything. I know how hard it is to deal with customers all day but my gosh this guy did not give me any respect. i know he thinks I'm a little kid with a fancy car. anyways, the tech. was a bit nicer but he could use a customer service class just as bad as Tim. He was not very patient when i try to explain the problems, and he always cut me off to tell me that it is normal and it happen on every new IS. After we get back to the dealership, he told me that everything was fine as it should be like all the other IS. i was like wow, Lexus must be going down to hell. The only thing that he put me in for was an alignment to fix the pulling problem and that is it. I didn't argue with them as they seem to be best buddy (Tim the advisor and the tech.). they pull my car in and was going to get the car done by 3 PM the next day. I got a loaner RX and the gas mileage was horrible on those SUV. I came back the next day at 4 PM and tried to get my car and another service advisor told that he could not find my car, and when he looked up the computer, they have not done a thing to it at all. He told me that Tim forgot to tell the techs to work on my car. They finally found my car and told me to wait for another 2 days to pick it up (the weekends is coming up and they could not work on it). i got upset and told them to bring my car out so i could drive home. i came straight from work and sat through 1 hour of traffic to find out that my car was not even touch, lucky enough that they found my car. The guy Tim called me back 3 days later and told me that if he was there that it would not happen that way and told me that he owe me a favor. so three weeks later i got moisture problems in the both headlights. brought it down to the dealership and the guy TIM was there again and he gave me **** about the moisture problem is with every single Lexus not just mine and that they cannot do anything about it. They tried to blame the moisure problem on me while they have not even look at it yet. When they know that they are wrong, the same Tim's buddy technician came out once again to look and said nothing can be done. it's like they cue each other to say no to me. I argued with them but they told me there is not much moisture in there to do fix it and there would have to be a lot more water in there for them to do anything about the problem. I can still see all the water mark stain on the glass and very small amount of water still on there too, but they told me that it is very minimal and the LEXUS guidelines will not allow them to replace the headlights. it has to be a lot of water left inside and not dry out when headlights are on for 30 mins and more. mine dried out a little but still got some and they didn't do anything for me and they did not even say sorry or thank you come again or anything. they just let me go off. i got so pissed off that i went and talked to my sale woman and she told me that she will talk to her sale manager and get the problem solve for me and told me to go to belleuve of lexus, which i did and i didn't even have to argue with the tech and they are ordering the new headlights for me as we speak. Do you guys know the phone # and the mailing address for the corporate of lexus so i can complain about this issue? this is very sad because i bought the lexus for better customer service and i got squash from the dealer that i bought the car from. i wish they would fire those guys. compare to belleuve, lexus of seattle suck *ss. man i am so pissed off.

Last edited by noliesss; 02-19-07 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 09:49 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

You might qualify for the Lemon Law. You could get a new car without paying a penny. I bought my car from Lexus of Seattle on December... no problem so far!!!
Old 02-14-07, 10:00 PM
Sundance
Driver

I heard rumors of bad berries with Lexus of Seattle and they would not negotiate anything so I bought my car in Ca. and had it transported up. Sounds like Bellevue will be my local service depot.
Sorry you are going through all that but i would definitely take it up with corporate and see if you can get some resolve.

Keep us posted !

Sundance
Old 02-14-07, 10:07 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahahahah i got the same sales person tim lmao i told him to eat a **** before i buy a car from him. I left lexus of seattle and went to belleve to get my car and drove back to seattle to tell them look i am 18 and i paid this car in full cash in hand and they were sad to see me roll off because i was going to buy a car from them since they are close but they were jackass i didnt. Tim blew me off like i didnt have money to buy the car. I also rolled up in my M5 and he blew me off. The internet sales guy is really nice. His name was matt hes is cool to work with. Ask for matt if you go there again. Consendation in headlight no matter now much is a no no. That is a replacement right there. Lexus of Bellevue also have good cookies and starbucks soo i love lexus of Bellevue and hate lexus of seattle. I will never go to lexus of seattle of any reason at all. They blow you off and they dont want to do anything. I rather put in a few miles and go to bellevue . Good luck to you man. Tell me how it goes. Also nick wilcox at lexus of Bellevue is good too hes the internet sales guy and sometimes they give you loners to go to the mall for oil change
And no this cant be a lemon
Old 02-14-07, 10:23 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Noliesss, reading your post was difficult at best. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you communicated with your service advisor in the same way that you communicated your issues here, I can understand why he didn't take you seriously.

My input:

1. Vibration at idle: Obviously shouldn't be there. Are you using premium fuel? (shot in the dark);

2. Car pulling to the left: Alignment and/or issues with tire(s). They should be able to correct either;

3. Scratches on headlights: If you waited past when the car was truly 'new' (a day or two) on this, they're not going to take the responsibility for that. Would you? Sorry;

4. Brake squeal: Known issue, they should be able to address it;

5. Abrupt downshift to 1st when braking slowly: Are you in perf. mode? That will cause the engine to downshift earlier than normal.

I would suggest trying another dealer. Be calm and tactful with them, and explain each issue as simply as possible. I don't think you're going to have luck getting new headlights for scratches that you can't prove they inflicted. The condensation might be another story, though.

Good luck.

Last edited by 15951; 02-14-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 11:56 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 15951
Noliesss, reading your post was difficult at best. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but if you communicated with your service advisor in the same way that you communicated your issues here, I can understand why he didn't take you seriously.

My input:

1. Vibration at idle: Obviously shouldn't be there. Are you using premium fuel? (shot in the dark);

2. Car pulling to the left: Alignment and/or issues with tire(s). They should be able to correct either;

3. Scratches on headlights: If you waited past when the car was truly 'new' (a day or two) on this, they're not going to take the responsibility for that. Would you? Sorry;

4. Brake squeal: Known issue, they should be able to address it;

5. Abrupt downshift to 1st when braking slowly: Are you in perf. mode? That will cause the engine to downshift earlier than normal.

I would suggest trying another dealer. Be calm and tactful with them, and explain each issue as simply as possible. I don't think you're going to have luck getting new headlights for scratches that you can't prove they inflicted. The condensation might be another story, though.

Good luck.
man you just dont know how they treat you there...i know what this guy is going through because i wanted to punch tim in the face soo bad. And he also brought to diffrent dealership and they are ordering his headlight soo it was just some bs they wanted to make up
Old 02-15-07, 01:42 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

you should call the 800 customer satisfaction hotline and file a complaint. they do take things more SERIOUSLY......

http://www.lexus.com/contact/

hope this helps.....keep us posted what's up!

Last edited by kickin8; 02-15-07 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-15-07, 02:40 AM
warrionex
Lead Lap

I'm with you, man. Here we have a state agency called Department of Consumer Affairs directed by a Secretary (cabinet member) that responds directly to the Governor. It is a fast response agency created to protect consumers against all kinds of business frauds, misrepresentations, breach of contracts, bad practices, among others. This agency even regulates gasoline prices, to name an example of some regulated industries. We have the lowest cost per gallon (gas) in the USA and its territories, thanks to the regulations.

Dude, I tell you, this Department will eat Lexus Seattle alive. You should create something like this in the states.

Last edited by warrionex; 02-15-07 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-15-07, 11:26 AM
noliesss
Driver

thank you all for posting. I use the top grade gasoline for my lexus and even with a honda accord. It is only $3 more per tank anyways, not a big deal for me. I bought a Lexus instead of an Acura TL because i thought that more expensive car would get me better service than a honda. if i know Lexus would treat me this way i would not have bought it. I'm very frustrated with that dealership. those guys look at me like I'm nothing. this is my first and last car with lexus of seattle. I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Department and see if they can get me some justice. If any of you guys have a problem with the same guy or the same dealership please contact me through email at noliess@hotmail.com or call me at 206-778-5584. I want to have a group of people all complain at once so that corporate know what is going on with that the way that guy treat people. I would like to see if you guys get the same tech. as me when you talk to Tim. Bellevue treated me like someone important and not the other way around. they did not ask or look for a reason to turn down my moisture problem. I got in and out in 15 - 20 mins. If this happen to you guys you would not be very happy about it. I'm still pissed at the way they treated me.
Old 02-17-07, 08:19 PM
SonicBlue
Driver School Candidate

noliesss-

I am the head detailer for Lexus of Seattle. Im sorry to hear about your problems that you've experienced with us. If you'd like I could set up a meeting with a manager so you can express your problems in person. I cant speak for Tim, but maybe there might have been a misunderstanding or lack of communication between the two of you. Our particular dealership strives on having the best customer service in the industry and we do everything we can to resolve any issues that our customers may have. I dont work in customer service but I can surely do my best to see what I can do for you. Is a meeting with a manager something you might be interested in? If so please feel free to give me a call, I will PM my cell number. Thanks!

Mike L.

Last edited by SonicBlue; 02-17-07 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-17-07, 11:24 PM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

i like neither lexus dealerships. lexus of bellevue or seattle... haha but sucks that we only have THREE lexus dealerships and two of them are owned by the same owner =( ... GOODLUCK!

people dont treat me nicely anywhere =( and they say i have to be over 21 to get a rental car when i leave my car for service (bad rules! BOOO hhehe but i guess its reasonable)
Old 02-18-07, 03:37 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
ahahahah i got the same sales person tim lmao i told him to eat a **** before i buy a car from him. I left lexus of seattle and went to belleve to get my car and drove back to seattle to tell them look i am 18 and i paid this car in full cash in hand and they were sad to see me roll off because i was going to buy a car from them since they are close but they were jackass i didnt. Tim blew me off like i didnt have money to buy the car. I also rolled up in my M5 and he blew me off. The internet sales guy is really nice. His name was matt hes is cool to work with. Ask for matt if you go there again. Consendation in headlight no matter now much is a no no. That is a replacement right there. Lexus of Bellevue also have good cookies and starbucks soo i love lexus of Bellevue and hate lexus of seattle. I will never go to lexus of seattle of any reason at all. They blow you off and they dont want to do anything. I rather put in a few miles and go to bellevue . Good luck to you man. Tell me how it goes. Also nick wilcox at lexus of Bellevue is good too hes the internet sales guy and sometimes they give you loners to go to the mall for oil change
And no this cant be a lemon
You're 18 and you have enough money for a new IS and an M5?
Old 02-19-07, 02:00 AM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
You're 18 and you have enough money for a new IS and an M5?
yups we have a car collection we have 07 is 250, 06 m5, 05 tsx, 05 s2k, and 05 m3 The tsx and lexus are mines and the rest are my dads or anyone in the family can drive since we have one big family policy.

hey kelly they might just not like you at lexus lol...But seattle will never change they always look down on young buyers... I like bellevue beacuse they addresss all the problems and need of the customer might just be the Obrian owners since acura of seattle is the same way
Old 02-19-07, 06:19 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicBlue
noliesss-

I am the head detailer for Lexus of Seattle. Im sorry to hear about your problems that you've experienced with us. If you'd like I could set up a meeting with a manager so you can express your problems in person. I cant speak for Tim, but maybe there might have been a misunderstanding or lack of communication between the two of you. Our particular dealership strives on having the best customer service in the industry and we do everything we can to resolve any issues that our customers may have. I dont work in customer service but I can surely do my best to see what I can do for you. Is a meeting with a manager something you might be interested in? If so please feel free to give me a call, I will PM my cell number. Thanks!

Mike L.
Mike - thanks for stepping up and offering to help resolve the situation.

noliesss - you should at least take him up on this.
Old 02-19-07, 12:08 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Seems like Lexus dealors look down upon younger lexus owners

Quick Reply: Problems with Lexus of Seattle