Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

***December to Remember***

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-06, 10:02 PM
Lexus of Glendale
Lexus Dealership

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ***December to Remember***

December to Remember is on! Great deals to be had through January 2, 2007. Please contact your local Lexus dealer for more information.

Old 11-27-06, 02:00 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can somebody define exactly what makes December to remember so great? I mean with leasing I guess maybe Lexus raises their residual values across the lineup and/or reduces the money factors? But does that happen for all models and if so by what factor?

What about buying? Are the dealers just in a better mood or are they TOLD to negotiate more or are there actual real rebates and low APRs that aren't found during the rest of the year?

The problem I have is most "sales" that I see advertised in the realm of cars will list the actual promotional numbers including rebates, low APR, automatic pricing discounts off sticker, and special pre-packaged lease plans.

I don't ever see any of that with 'december to remember' which makes me wonder if it's moreso marketing than it is any actual discounts above and beyond what goes on the rest of the year...?
Old 11-27-06, 05:13 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

There's slightly lower lease AND interest rates. It varies from model to model. Of course the super hot new models don't qualify - this December it's the LS460.

The factory stockpiles as many cars as they can rush to dealers so the dealers are in a good mood because they got a lot of cars ready to sell as soon as possible.

The promoting from Lexus creates buzz and brings people out of the woodwork to inquire "what's going on" and gives dealers opportunities to give out great deals.

From my own personal experience:

'99 RX300 - I noticed a $15 per month payment reduction in December, over 3 year lease is $540 savings.

'02 ES300 - I got a simliar savings in December so another $540.

'04 IS300 - I got during August promotion right before new IS was released.

So 2 out of the 3 Lexus I leased I got in December. $15 may not sound like a lot but I feel why not save a little on something I know I'm getting anyway? It adds up over the years and every bit counts.

I also just checked lease rates for December and it's better than it was back in August - only a few months ago.

Hope this helps you?

Originally Posted by Threxx
Can somebody define exactly what makes December to remember so great? I mean with leasing I guess maybe Lexus raises their residual values across the lineup and/or reduces the money factors? But does that happen for all models and if so by what factor?

What about buying? Are the dealers just in a better mood or are they TOLD to negotiate more or are there actual real rebates and low APRs that aren't found during the rest of the year?

The problem I have is most "sales" that I see advertised in the realm of cars will list the actual promotional numbers including rebates, low APR, automatic pricing discounts off sticker, and special pre-packaged lease plans.

I don't ever see any of that with 'december to remember' which makes me wonder if it's moreso marketing than it is any actual discounts above and beyond what goes on the rest of the year...?
Old 11-28-06, 05:52 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
From my own personal experience:

'99 RX300 - I noticed a $15 per month payment reduction in December, over 3 year lease is $540 savings.

'02 ES300 - I got a simliar savings in December so another $540.

'04 IS300 - I got during August promotion right before new IS was released.
What are you comparing your payments to? Seems like it would be nearly impossible to prove that your December buys truly netted you $15/month in extra savings. What's to say that you wouldn't have received the same "deals" (or maybe even better ones) in November? Or July?

I, for one, have never put an ounce of faith in automaker's advertising claims. The deal you get is going to be dependent on supply and demand, your personal negotiating skills, and how close it is to the end of the month.
Old 11-28-06, 12:19 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Back then I was a Lexus salesperson and knew what the deals were on a day to day basis. Once I saw the sale happening I jumped on it. Heck, if I couldn't give MYSELF a good deal as a salesperson, then that would be pretty bad right? lol

The last car I leased as a Lexus employee is my current IS300.

Now as a "regular citizen" I can still recognize a change in lease programs so last time I checked the new IS was in August during their "Golden Opportunity" and I didn't think it was good enough for me. I decided to wait and see what the "December to Remember" would turn out to be and I can tell you it's pretty good.

December to Remember is where it's at folks. Now is the BEST time and if you are considering a new car then take advantage.

Originally Posted by ff_
What are you comparing your payments to? Seems like it would be nearly impossible to prove that your December buys truly netted you $15/month in extra savings. What's to say that you wouldn't have received the same "deals" (or maybe even better ones) in November? Or July?

I, for one, have never put an ounce of faith in automaker's advertising claims. The deal you get is going to be dependent on supply and demand, your personal negotiating skills, and how close it is to the end of the month.
Old 11-28-06, 12:38 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Well it's pretty easy to look at the money factors and residual values on a lease and tell if it has gone down or up from last month... but since that info is difficult to find without asking somebody with the right connections...
Old 11-28-06, 01:16 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Special lease factors are one thing, but your final selling price will still fluctuate based on the items I listed above (supply and demand, your personal negotiating skills, and how close it is to the end of the month). I got a deal on my IS250 last May that I'm quite confident I couldn't reproduce during the "December to remember", unless I walked into the dealership at 8 PM on 12/31.
Old 11-28-06, 01:19 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ff_
Special lease factors are one thing, but your final selling price will still fluctuate based on the items I listed above (supply and demand, your personal negotiating skills, and how close it is to the end of the month). I got a deal on my IS250 last May that I'm quite confident I couldn't reproduce during the "December to remember", unless I walked into the dealership at 8 PM on 12/31.
So how did you get such a great deal last May? What factors helped you out then?

So you're saying the coming in on the last day of the month toward the end of the day with a price in mind and ready to sign the papers really does work? I always thought that was kind of a myth and I'd be better off just making an honest offer through the internet sales department.
Old 11-28-06, 01:41 PM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Threxx
So how did you get such a great deal last May? What factors helped you out then?

So you're saying the coming in on the last day of the month toward the end of the day with a price in mind and ready to sign the papers really does work? I always thought that was kind of a myth and I'd be better off just making an honest offer through the internet sales department.
It worked well for me. I think the main thing is to find a car that they'd love to unload before month end.
Old 11-28-06, 03:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

December to Remember is where it's at folks. Now is the BEST time and if you are considering a new car then take advantage.
Going back to the sales buisness, Liz?
Old 11-28-06, 06:02 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

HAHA. Nope, never again. I just happen to know what the IS250/350 situation has been because I've been keeping an eye on it this past year. I'm not in a hurry so I have the luxury of waiting until the right time.
I still help my friends when they get cars though, just to hone my skills and not get rusty! lol
Originally Posted by mmarshall
Going back to the sales buisness, Liz?
Old 11-28-06, 08:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I still help my friends when they get cars though, just to hone my skills and not get rusty! lol

Trust me.....that is a skill that never gets rusty.
Old 11-30-06, 05:20 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Ohh my mom's 03 es is almost 4 yrs old.
I think she got 6,000 off msrp on it with the Dec to remember sale. She's a good at haggling.
Old 12-02-06, 05:48 PM
carlmock
Rookie

does anyone know if a special order can qualify for the sale?
Old 12-02-06, 06:16 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I think it has to be on dealership property by Jan 2, '07 - but you should ask your dealer for certain.

Quick Reply: ***December to Remember***