Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Buick Enclave Production Pictures Released (pg. 3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-07, 06:31 PM
mparks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

7.5 out of 10. They are on the right track.
Come on guys! Buy it and help my parents. They retired from GM!
Old 01-23-07, 05:50 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Well guys, I will be selling my LS400 for an Enclave. On Febuary 8th GM will be accepting orders on it. I can not beleive I will be getting a Buick, but I am just in love with this car.

Jerry
Old 01-23-07, 07:13 PM
LexFather

I think this owns any loaded Pilot or Highlander right now or anything in the low 30s price range.
Sadly, b/c its a Buick, people will not give it a chance. It if had a Honda badge, they would sell 10 billion

Old 01-23-07, 07:15 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that this car will do well. I am not sure if it's chasing the RX/X5/ML/MDX or Pilot/Highlander/B9 Tribeca, but either way it seems to have the right stuff to go toe to toe with the competition. If it is indeed going after the premium makes, I feel like the pricing might be a bit steep for a Buick.
Old 01-23-07, 07:42 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
no GM interior is safe from tiny, poorly designed, generic, modular controls
makes no sense to me... spent all that time into designing good looking vehicle, and then throw in generic GM centre stack...
Old 01-23-07, 07:53 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

Only mention of wood and leather is for the steering wheel. No mention of inclusion in the rest of the vehicle. Wonder if that mean no other wood/leather is available even in a Premium or other upscale package?

Looks are good but how will it drive? Time will tell and hope its good as it would be great to have some domestic vehicle success stories.
Old 01-23-07, 10:00 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Great interior for an American car.
Exterior looks... retarded?
Old 01-24-07, 12:12 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

That's a very decent looking car from Buick.

The only things I don't like are the silly gills on the hood and the oversized chrome trim around the tail lights.

Other than that, the design is very current, unlike Buick's usual offerings.
Old 01-24-07, 05:32 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

The wheel is reel wood. All the rest is fake. At the same time most people who sit in my cars always think the wood is fake and I have to convice them the a "Lexus" only comes with real wood. At least I can just shut them up now and say YES its fake...

The center stack is GM generic but it has Voice Navigation and voice command over the radio/system plus touch screen. The Enclave also has power tilt and telescoping plus an Exit system for the driver to easily get out.

The car basicly has every single Lexus feature that are on the GX and LX. It even has the Theater lighting/dimming that everbody ohhd and ahhd over.

The turly only thing I am going to miss is the power the name Lexus has. When you talking about cars and someone finds out you have a "Lexus" there is a certain respect the name carries, sorry but Buick does NOT have that at all. I have just figured out over the last couple weeks that I have never bought any of my Lexus cars just because the name. I bought them because they were the BEST car in that class for the money. Well this is the case here, so I have no hard feelings telling people I will have a Buick.

As far as the ride, well I have driven the GMC Acadia and the Saturn Outlook, both of them drive just steller. Over on a GM forum there is a member who cant wait to get rid of hig GX470 for the Acadia. He does not dislike the GX but just like me sees he will be getting a better packaged and featured car.

The real question noone can answer yet is what will the ownership experiance be in the longterm. I am spoiled rotten my JM Lexus and their loaners and "goodwill" warrenty. Supposidly the rumor is GM will offer loaner for Enclave owners. If this is so then they will capture more Lexus customer.

I do have to say the GMC/Ponitiac/Buick delaership is NOTHING and I mean nothing compaired to JM Lexus. The other Buicks and cars just look like crud. Lets just hope they can replace all their cars with winners and the GM stigma can just be an old memory.

Sorry for my long rant guys.
Jerry

Last edited by Horta; 01-24-07 at 07:20 AM.