Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Buick Enclave Production Pictures Released (pg. 3)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 10:41 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

getting much better, have a qualm with the center console, with all that extra space around the buttons they shouldve made the buttons bigger, then it would look fuller and less hard to read
Old 09-12-06, 12:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty interesting. I like the exterior; nice touches with the chrome accents to highlight some of the design. The interior needs to be cleaned up a little bit; busy in some places and bland in other spots...
Old 09-12-06, 12:35 PM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw one of these on the fwy last month in white in Burbank on the 405 at about 9:30pm it was simi disquised but I was able to see most of it, well enough to know its this one. I though it was a new Nissan Morano from looking at the back when I saw it.
Old 11-28-06, 03:40 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Old 11-28-06, 03:44 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/28/l...buick-enclave/
Old 11-28-06, 03:48 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am as small a Buick fan as the next guy but you can't help but be impressed, especially with such a nice, cohesive design and details like the shift **** and indicator, and the clock.
Old 11-28-06, 04:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

No joke, a BUICK I could ROCK
Like I've told you guys many times....Buicks are NOT just grandpa and grandma vehicles. Persons of any age can enjoy them.

I liked them myself even when I was in high school....but after that their quality and fit and finish went to hell and stayed that way for decades.
Old 11-28-06, 05:07 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you know thats not FAKE wood trim?...too much wood = fake
Old 11-28-06, 05:40 PM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I, ummm, like it. That grill has to go, though.
Old 11-28-06, 05:50 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Well... this is just another case of the concept being spectacular, and the production model being crap. I guess the auto manufacturers will never get that we like what they say they can do (with the concepts) and hate what they actually do (with production models). They killed the big selling point for me which was that awesome third row.
Old 11-28-06, 08:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
How do you know thats not FAKE wood trim?...too much wood = fake
The wood on the steering wheel appears to be real. The rest appears, in my opinion, to be fake. That is more or less normal with a number of vehicles. Subaru, for example, does it that way on the L.L. Bean models and other high-level vehicles...real wood steering wheel, fake on the console, shifter, and doors. If done well, it is hard to tell the difference unless you are very close up.

By the way, GFerg.....those are some nice shots you've posted.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-28-06 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-28-06, 08:39 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

why does the rear end remind of the Touareg? I agree, the grille needs to go...the SUV is a hodge podge of many design cues...
Old 01-21-07, 09:13 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

Default GM prices the Enclave

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...=3&docid=32406

DETROIT – When the all-new 2008 Buick Enclave luxury crossover sport utility vehicle arrives in dealerships early this summer, it will come equipped with a long list of standard equipment, a suite of owner services and a price unmatched in the segment.

The front-wheel-drive Enclave CX starts at $32,790, while the all-wheel-drive model starts at $34,790. The front-wheel-drive Enclave CXL begins at $34,990, while the all-wheel-drive version starts at $36,990. Prices include a $735 destination charge.

“Enclave is a segment-busting luxury crossover that best defines the new face of Buick,” said Steve Shannon, Buick general manager. “Its gorgeous design, high-tech features, functionality and roominess, coupled with a quiet and refined ride, put us in a great position to attract new customers.”

Loaded with standard equipment

Buick’s first luxury crossover SUV is equipped with a long list of standard equipment and technologies that are uncommon for vehicles at Enclave’s introductory price.

A new, 275-horsepower 3.6L V-6 powertrain featuring variable valve timing (VVT) powers the Enclave. The sophisticated dual-overhead camshaft engine is mated to Buick’s first six-speed automatic transmission.

Enclave offers a spacious cabin, with a standard seven-passenger seating configuration, second-row Smart Slide captain’s chairs and a third-row seat that can accommodate three adults. With Smart Slide, occupants have quick and effortless access to Enclave’s third row.

Other standard features include:

Xenon high-intensity discharge headlamps with automatic headlamp control
Heated, power outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
Power rear liftgate with remote
Leather-wrapped, genuine Mahogany wood steering wheel with tilt and telescoping steering column
Variable-assist power steering
AM/FM stereo with single-CD player, Radio Data System display, MP3 capability, six speakers and speed-compensated radio volume
Tiffany-style analog clock
Tri-zone automatic climate control
Remote keyless entry
XM Satellite Radio (includes three-month subscription)
Dual chrome exhaust
Reading lamps in all three rows
GM engineered the Enclave to be the quietest crossover on the road. Buick’s standard QuietTuning initiative, an engineering approach to reduce, block and absorb unwanted noise from entering the interior cabin, yields a library-quiet drive experience for all passengers whether they are seated in the front or third row.

All Enclave models come equipped with six standard air bags, including dual-stage frontal air bags, roof rail head curtain air bags for all three seating rows, and thorax side air bags for first-row seats. Other standard safety features include four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with rollover mitigation technology, tire pressure monitoring system and traction control.

For added confidence and convenience, all Enclave models come standard with the industry’s best coverage and a suite of owner services, including a four-year/50,000-mile vehicle warranty, a five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, and OnStar with Turn-By-Turn voice-activated navigation and one-year Directions & Connections Plan.

Comprehensive features

A host of innovative features adds to the Enclave’s standout position, including an adjustable front-row center console armrest with multiple storage capabilities, an optional second-row center storage console that unfolds to contribute to a flat load floor when the seats are folded (available late summer), a large storage area with an integrated well behind the third row, and third-row seat bolsters for added comfort. The seat bolsters deflate when folded to allow a flat load floor.

Optional equipment includes a second-row 60/40 split-folding bench seat for eight-passenger configuration, 18-inch machine-finish aluminum wheels on CX models and 19-inch chrome aluminum wheels on CXL models. A rear-seat DVD system, an in-dash voice activated navigation system with back-up camera; a large, power-operated sunroof with second-row skylight; a rear cargo net and shade; and a heavy-duty trailering package (up to 4,500 pounds maximum towing capacity) are available on all models.

A Driver Confidence Package is also available on all models and includes rear parking assist, remote starting capability and heated windshield washer fluid. Enclave CXL buyers can select the Luxury Package, which adds articulating front headlamps, power tilt and telescoping steering wheel and power folding outside mirrors. Four optional audio and entertainment packages, eight exterior and three interior colors are also available.

The 2008 Buick Enclave will be built at GM’s new Lansing Delta Township assembly in Lansing, Mich
Old 01-21-07, 09:15 PM
Mr. Jones
Lexus Test Driver

no GM interior is safe from tiny, poorly designed, generic, modular controls
Old 01-22-07, 12:36 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Very nice looking Crossover.

Quick Reply: New Buick Enclave Production Pictures Released (pg. 3)