Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The first true attempt at a VIP 300C

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-05, 10:56 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The more of these VIP cars i see, the less I like them. Out of the ones I've seen so far, i'd have to unfortunately say that 300C is the best looking one so far.
Old 08-22-05, 11:12 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhh what in the world.... the rear wheels... is it about to flip down and take off into secter 12.
Old 08-22-05, 09:54 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Milla...
Ohhh what in the world.... the rear wheels... is it about to flip down and take off into secter 12.
Lmao.....I agree man. Although, the 300C is a beautiful american car, it is too damn common to be VIP anything. Whether i'm In NY,VA and forget about Detroit, that car is like the new Camry it's that common which kills it's resale value. The market is flooded with them (and for many good reasons) but VIP to me means the car should start at 50K (U.S.) at least. Leather should definitely be standard as that should not even be an option. Wood (not plastic) should be seen at damn near any angle in that car. I understand that VIP Followers in Japan have their own concept of what defines VIP, but to me 300's as classy as they look exteriorwise do not fit the bill esp. with that lame broken axle look. That's not cool.
Old 08-23-05, 01:47 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexLaw
it is too damn common to be VIP anything.
too damn common? this car is one of a kind

Price really doesn't have that much play in a vip car.. you can have a $500,000 and it doesn't necessarily mean that its vip. You can have a $5000 car and it can be VERY vip...
Old 08-23-05, 03:41 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lmao.....I agree man. Although, the 300C is a beautiful american car, it is too damn common to be VIP anything. Whether i'm In NY,VA and forget about Detroit, that car is like the new Camry it's that common which kills it's resale value. The market is flooded with them (and for many good reasons) but VIP to me means the car should start at 50K (U.S.) at least. Leather should definitely be standard as that should not even be an option. Wood (not plastic) should be seen at damn near any angle in that car. I understand that VIP Followers in Japan have their own concept of what defines VIP, but to me 300's as classy as they look exteriorwise do not fit the bill esp. with that lame broken axle look. That's not cool.

Well thats great, that is why Lexus to me means any toyota that can manage to buy the Lexus badge and hot glue it on.

Ohh, and there is no broken axle Its got IRS with a highly modified rear to allow for that kind of camber and to fit those big wheels (width and offset wise...) inside the fender
Old 08-23-05, 04:28 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas

Ohh, and there is no broken axle Its got IRS with a highly modified rear to allow for that kind of camber and to fit those big wheels (width and offset wise...) inside the fender
I know it's not really broken, but it still looks useless and stupid
Old 08-23-05, 09:39 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb
I know it's not really broken, but it still looks useless and stupid
Exactly, Chuck I cannot agree with you more.
Old 08-23-05, 09:53 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by workaholic
too damn common? this car is one of a kind

Price really doesn't have that much play in a vip car.. you can have a $500,000 and it doesn't necessarily mean that its vip. You can have a $5000 car and it can be VERY vip...
While it is beautiful, What is one of a kind about that car? The Bentley Headlights?? The Grille?
I'm curious. I'm not sure if you live in Forest Hills, Queens but if so there are hundreds of them in queens along with its cousin the Dodge Magnum.

Again as I stated VIP in a general sense means exclusive or high status. A $5K is not in my opinion and I'm sure there are others that will agree with me. Conversely I realize that VIP in the Japanese enthusiasts sense can be an old SC300 kitted up/slammed with interior/exterior mods. I realize that you any many others may share that view also. I simply stated that I feel VIP to me means the former definition. That's what makes forums cool. (the concept of sharing views and thoughts)
EZ
Old 08-23-05, 08:41 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Exactly, Chuck I cannot agree with you more.

please read the first post... its on canover air suspension with adjustable height and dampening... so this thing can not only be slammed, but can be adjusted to sit higher than stock, and ride stiffer than stock...

So- your wrong, its actually more usefull than stock- and the axle is not broken
Old 08-23-05, 10:34 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by newyorksc
im sure you will love these then!

must be gret to ride in those (not). "Uh oh, there's a stone the size of a quarter in the road, mind the front fender. Oh, and there's actually a seem between this road and the next one so we can't turn or we'll lose the rear wheel well."
Old 08-23-05, 10:53 PM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
must be gret to ride in those (not). "Uh oh, there's a stone the size of a quarter in the road, mind the front fender. Oh, and there's actually a seem between this road and the next one so we can't turn or we'll lose the rear wheel well."
LMAO. I see we think alike.
Old 08-24-05, 03:50 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

That car is also on air... they actually look kind of silly when rolling becuase they are raised so high (are you going to cruise low to the ground with an expensive VIP front bumper?
Old 08-24-05, 08:47 AM
LexFather

I am going to close this b/c the horse has now been beaten to a pulp.