Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The first true attempt at a VIP 300C

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-05, 12:53 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas
You are correct, but the car is definitly VIP style. A car's cost does not DIRECTLY determine if it is accepted as a vip platform. A car is decided to be vip if the true vip tuners/clubs accept the car to be so. For instance, the Windom had a strong attempt of being vip but clubs lost interest and the car lost vip status.

vip car and culture is quite deep and actually sorta weird. It doesn't make sense like us americans would like it to. (big sedan that cost money, must be vip.) Hell, a lot of diehard vip clubs do not accept european models to be members.

SC400, I happen to really like the look of this 300C. Is it truly VIP? Up to the eye of the beholder I guess. I am not very knowledgable about VIP style or many other Japanese car culture styles. While reading up on VIP (trying to understand it better) I came across images such as this one below. Now, you seem pretty knowledgable about Japanese car culture. What style is this beast? I heard some people saying that the Ultra Exagerrated wings and such are to increase downforce for some kind of insane downhill drift thing. I'm not buying it. They look more to me like recreations of some Manga cartoon from the 70's. Any idea?
Attached Thumbnails The first true attempt at a VIP 300C-dumb.gif  
Old 08-12-05, 12:56 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
SC400, I happen to really like the look of this 300C. Is it truly VIP? Up to the eye of the beholder I guess. I am not very knowledgable about VIP style or many other Japanese car culture styles. While reading up on VIP (trying to understand it better) I cam across images such as this one below. Now, you seem pretty knowledgable about Japanese car culture. What style is this beast? I heard some people saying that the Ultra Exagerrated wings and such afre to increase downforce for some kind of insane downhill drift thing. I'm not buying it. They look more to me like recreations of some Manga cartoon from the 70's. Any idea?
heres the deal. Once a car becomes an accepted VIPcar chassis, it is VIP no matter if it is modified with class, sports a huge widebody with multiple spoilers, or is STOCK! Its not the styling that makes a car VIP its the chassis. A stock Celsior and the Junction Produce Celsior... both VIP, a VIPstyled SC400 (lets say lowered on a set of Work Euroline SL's...)- NOT VIP!

People fail to understand this, and also dont quite understand that the VIPcar deal goes way beyond styling cars, it translates into their life style, their clothes, their life...

edit- that being said- many VIPcar clubs are starting to loose the earlier models (we are talking early cima's, gloria's, crowns, etc... for newer models. So while the Crown is a VIPcar, you wont see many old ones in the VIPcar clubs... they are now moving towards Bosozuko clubs (even though you can style a VIPcar with bosozuko styles!- this can get confusing! lol)
Old 08-12-05, 12:59 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

heres the deal. Once a car becomes an accepted VIPcar chassis, it is VIP no matter if it is modified with class, sports a huge widebody with multiple spoilers, or is STOCK! Its not the styling that makes a car VIP its the chassis. A stock Celsior and the Junction Produce Celsior... both VIP, a VIPstyled SC400 (lets say lowered on a set of Work Euroline SL's...)- NOT VIP!

People fail to understand this, and also dont quite understand that the VIPcar deal goes way beyond styling cars, it translates into their life style, their clothes, their life...

OK, That I understand. The jury is still out then on the 300C until the VIP car clubs accept or shy away from it.

But what about that pic I put up? What style is that????
Old 08-12-05, 01:07 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mkorsu
OK, That I understand. The jury is still out then on the 300C until the VIP car clubs accept or shy away from it.

But what about that pic I put up? What style is that????
its bosozuko. Early stages of VIP before the more EXE styles took over. This style is still found on some older cars, and in Bosozuko cars (remember that huge thread on VWvortex way back with all the insane vans, huge muffler tips, etc...?)
Old 08-12-05, 01:11 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

its bosozuko. Early stages of VIP before the more EXE styles took over. This style is still found on some older cars, and in Bosozuko cars (remember that huge thread on VWvortex way back with all the insane vans, huge muffler tips, etc...?)

Thanks Bro!!!! That Bosozuko thing has been bothering me forever!!!! I never knew if it was a serious style or a joke type of thing.
Old 08-12-05, 02:10 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. that 300 is HOT
Old 08-12-05, 09:50 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reALly?,

whats so hot about it? Brand new car are suppose to look nice, Its got air and wheels. Whats so hot about that. Only difference with air on cars is that most are not driven daily. You can keep it. So what if it won coy. Just another all style no substance or soul.
Old 08-13-05, 07:39 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fireballs gs400
whats so hot about it? Brand new car are suppose to look nice, Its got air and wheels. Whats so hot about that. Only difference with air on cars is that most are not driven daily. You can keep it. So what if it won coy. Just another all style no substance or soul.
Well... here is what I think seperates this car from the 300C's seen here. The wheels fit perfectly. Even close to flush when slammed with camber. Its running on the Air Runner system, which is adjutable with hieght and dampening, and it has a very classy aero set up- understated, yet noticable front lip, skirts and rear apron.

I hate the 300C, but I love seeing what Japanese tuners can do with it to give it some "soul"...
Old 08-13-05, 08:09 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I could understand the CTS being a VIP car, but i agree with 1SICK... a rental car can't be a VIP.
Old 08-13-05, 08:38 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheRupp
I could understand the CTS being a VIP car, but i agree with 1SICK... a rental car can't be a VIP.

CTS = FWD = Never going to gain real VIPcar club acceptance...

perhaps the CTS-V... hell the old caddies gained a little respect with FWD... but never took off- same fate for the windom (ES3)
Old 08-13-05, 08:51 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

CTS = FWD = Never going to gain real VIPcar club acceptance...

perhaps the CTS-V... hell the old caddies gained a little respect with FWD... but never took off- same fate for the windom (ES3)
The CTS isn't FWD. There's a lot of things you can do to a CTS to make it look like a luxury car or a VIP car, and it's a luxury badge too.

I agree with you on the Windom
Old 08-13-05, 08:58 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TheRupp
The CTS isn't FWD. There's a lot of things you can do to a CTS to make it look like a luxury car or a VIP car, and it's a luxury badge too.

I agree with you on the Windom

My bad, I didn't have my facts straight. I would like to see vip styled CTS or Lincoln LS. I think the LS has more potential since it comes with a V8 option(sure there is also the CTS-V...)
Old 08-13-05, 04:22 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

My bad, I didn't have my facts straight. I would like to see vip styled CTS or Lincoln LS. I think the LS has more potential since it comes with a V8 option(sure there is also the CTS-V...)
Yeah I second the LS. I've seen plenty of nicely-done CTS's, and a few V's as well (I'm not a fan of ghetto vehicle, but the CTS does it well. On a side note, for some reason I'm so amused by spinners )

Last edited by TheRupp; 08-13-05 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Stupid emoticon, lol
Old 08-14-05, 10:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, I'm not getting into the VIP thing. Don't know about it...don't care. As for the 300c. I really like the car. They look sweet on 20's. Most people put cheap looking wheels on it though. I would love to get one and put some Maya's on it. The one in this thread is overdone imo. The car doesn't need all that stuff, just a really nice set of rolling stock and a slight drop.
Old 08-14-05, 06:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

You are correct, but the car is definitly VIP style. A car's cost does not DIRECTLY determine if it is accepted as a vip platform. A car is decided to be vip if the true vip tuners/clubs accept the car to be so. For instance, the Windom had a strong attempt of being vip but clubs lost interest and the car lost vip status.

vip car and culture is quite deep and actually sorta weird. It doesn't make sense like us americans would like it to. (big sedan that cost money, must be vip.) Hell, a lot of diehard vip clubs do not accept european models to be members.
Where are these self-appointed VIP clubs of which you speak? In Japan only or other places? What is the process by which something becomes 'blessed as VIP'? Some kind of sacrifice in a parking lot?

Quick Reply: The first true attempt at a VIP 300C