Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Another All-Time Ugliest Entry ? . . .from Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-04, 03:30 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally posted by ARB
No, but my eyes get molested every time I see one on the road .. dont take it personal man
I don't, it was just a joke, but I think you hate the Forester even more than I hate Acura.
Old 10-26-04, 03:33 PM
ARB
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
I don't, it was just a joke, but I think you hate the Forester even more than I hate Acura.
Actually I dont hate Subaru, I hate their exterior designs BUT some of the cars themselves are actually pretty good technologically.. like using AWD, turbo 4 liters, excellent susp. setups, etc... The wrx as well as some other models that utilize this technology are certaily good cars once you get under the sheetmetal

Last edited by ARB; 10-26-04 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-26-04, 03:59 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

What the hell do you have against frameless doors? Don't respond. Clearly, you're no areodynamicist...
Obviously neither are you because frameless doors have nothing to do with areodynamics... plus if you put them on a sedan they just look stupid. on a two door coupe maybe, but a sedan... that just looks retarded. ES Included. Why do you think Toyota/ Lexus did away with them on their Sedans???? Not because they were making the cars to fast (according to your areodynamics retarded theory), but because they had numerous complaints about wind noise and they fact that they had a tendency to not seal correctly. do your home work, even current scoobies have this problem. Frameless doors on a sedan SUCK!

Last edited by Stage3; 10-26-04 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-26-04, 04:08 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Stage3
Obviously neither are you because frameless doors have nothing to do with areodynamics... plus if you put them on a sedan they just look stupid. on a two door coupe maybe, but a sedan... that just looks retarded. ES Included. Why do you think Toyota/ Lexus did away with them on their Sedans???? Not because they were making the cars to fast (according to your areodynamics retarded theory), but because they had numerous complaints about wind noise and they fact that they had a tendency to not seal correctly. do your home work, even current scoobies have this problem. Frameless doors on a sedan SUCK!
Actually, frameless doors/windows ARE better areodynamically. Don't try to distort facts. Yes, they are noiser and don't always seal well, but since my Subaru isn't a luxury car I could care less.

By the way, good aero has purposes that go beyond making a car a "to (sic) fast."
Old 10-26-04, 04:21 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Were you molested by a Forester as a young child? You seem to harbor serious hatred for the Forester, because you bring it up all the time...???
Man, if that's the case you must have been raveged by a pack of wild Boxsters

Last edited by Technics; 10-26-04 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-26-04, 04:39 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally posted by Stage3
What are you on about? i have frameless windows on my ES250, the weatherstripping is 15 years old, and they dont leak at all! i love the framelss glass, i think it looks elegant, especailly with the windows down.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 10-26-04 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-26-04, 04:54 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Technics
LOL!
Old 10-26-04, 05:11 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Technics
It's true, it's true! The horror!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-04, 08:19 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by ArmyofOne
What are you on about? i have frameless windows on my ES250, the weatherstripping is 15 years old, and they dont leak at all! i love the framelss glass, i think it looks elegant, especailly with the windows down.
never said they were ALL bad. Dont get it twisted. There are a lot of good cars with no door frames... but i cant think of too many. ES is one of them, but it still fails to keep the car as quiet as a car with door frames. To each his own.

and as for the spelling... i hit the extra O in TOO too quick. Keyboards at work suck.