Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick totally redesigns the 2025 Enclave.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-24, 11:24 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although I am not one of them, many people still want to save money by going with a leftover end-of-year model...that is why you often see factory-rebates or finance-deals on them. Those people will always be around.........I don't see that as a reason to put the brakes on new-model info.
They probably haven't finalized content, packages, pricing, etc. This is not unusual and not limited to Buick.
Old 04-19-24, 11:59 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Older model looks better I feel. Not feeling this latest one.
Old 04-19-24, 02:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 86 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by rosskoss
Older model looks better I feel. Not feeling this latest one.
I agree on the front end of the older one....but this new interior is striking.
Old 04-19-24, 06:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,923 Posts

The older one was seriously homely, IMO
Old 04-19-24, 07:26 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Understatement of the year.
Old 04-19-24, 08:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by FrankReynoldsCPA​​​
Understatement of the year.
I guess that is where individual tastes differ. I'm not a big fan of the new shark-nose/Wildcat-inspired front ends, nor of the big dash-wide video-screens more and more automakers are now using, but it's hard to fault the new Avenir interior trim one the Enclave...that blue and beige is gorgeous. And the added room inside doesn't hurt, either.

Even so, I've been so pleased with my old Encore GX that I'd get another one in a second, even with the new shark-nose front end and large video screen.
Old 04-20-24, 05:37 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

It’s the difference between demographics. We’re the demographic they are trying to reach, and you’re the demographic they have traditionally reached. So, the fact that we like this and you liked the old car means it’s working.
Old 04-20-24, 09:37 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

It’s the difference between demographics. We’re the demographic they are trying to reach, and you’re the demographic they have traditionally reached. So, the fact that we like this and you liked the old car means it’s working.

Don't misunderstand what I was saying. I only preferred the older design for its front end styling and dash-gauges....not the rest of the car. But the new Avenir interior (except for the dash) is a real knockout. And both the old and new Enclave are too big for my current needs.....one reason why I exchanged my Lacrosse for an Encore GX.

I wont comment on the old 3.6L V6 (which I also had in my Lacrosse) vs. the new turbo-4, since I have not sampled the new 4.
Old 05-04-24, 07:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Buick (finally) just upgraded their website to include the 2025 Encore GX. Took a look tonight. I like the Aquamarine Blue Metallic paint option on the ST model...but it only comes as an option on the ST version, which also has only the 18" all-black wheels, which IMO are ugly. The 18" silver ones on the entry-level Preferred model are MUCH better-looking IMHO.

The top-level Avenir trim also has silver wheels, but they are "19" with 45-series tires......not enough sidewall for my tastes.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-04-24 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-04-24, 08:09 PM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 210 Posts

The top-level Avenir trim also has silver wheels, but they are "19" with 45-series tires......not enough sidewall for my tastes.
It's just a quarter-inch less sidewall than the tires on your Lacrosse, which you praised like they were the epitome of luxury.

Last edited by geko29; 05-04-24 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-04-24, 08:14 PM
peteharvey
Lead Lap

Received 457 Likes on 302 Posts

Just do what I do, and downsize them by Minus 1 to 18", or even Minus 2 to 17".
Old 05-04-24, 08:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by geko29
It's just a quarter-inch less sidewall than the tires on your Lacrosse, which you praised like they were the epitome of luxury.

No...not quite. the Lacrosse had 18" 50s on the sidewalls......my present Encore GX, 18" 55's. The Lacrosse had a markedly longer wheelbase and a softer suspension, though, which compensated for that.

My old Verano had 45s....which were OK over bumps in hot weather, when the tires and shock fluid both got softer and thinner, but were too stiff in the winter, when the tire rubber hardened and the shock-fluid got thicker from the cold.

My present Encore GX, BTW, unlike the Verano, rides fine both summer and winter.....it has the aforementioned 18" 55s. It's not the ride quality I dislike on those 18" black wheels on the 2025 ST version...just the solid black color. I have never liked all-black wheels.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-04-24 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-04-24, 08:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by peteharvey
Just do what I do, and downsize them by Minus 1 to 18", or even Minus 2 to 17".
With today's vehicles, each one at the factory, in its electronic speedometer/odometer electronic sensors, is programmed for exactly the size wheel, suspension, and tire that was installed there. If you try and change it, it can mess up the sensors.

I'm not saying that you yourself didn't have reasonable success with it (you probably did).....I'm just not sure I'd want to try it, for several reasons.

Last edited by mmarshall; 05-04-24 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-04-24, 08:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

No...incorrect. the Lacrosse had 50s on the sidewalls......my present Encore GX, 55's. The Lacrosse had a markedly longer wheelbase and a softer suspension, though, which compensated for that.

My old Verano had 45s....which were OK over bumps in hot weather, when the tires and shock fluid both got softer and thinner, but were too stiff in the winter, when the tire rubber hardened and the shock-fluid got thicker from the cold.

My present Encore GX, BTW, unlike the Verano, rides fine both summer and winter.....it has the aforementioned 18" 55s. It's not the ride quality I dislike on those 18" black wheels on the 2025 ST version...just the solid black color. I have never liked all-black wheels.
You don’t understand how tire sizes work. “45 series tires” are not all the same sidewall height. The aspect ratio (the 45) means that the sidewall height is 45% of the tires tread width. So yes, a 45 series tire can have a taller sidewall than a 50 series tire if the 45 series tire is wider.

Your Lacrosse had wider tires than your Encore GX, so the sidewalls are very similar despite being different aspect ratios.
Old 05-04-24, 08:47 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Weak exterior design language

I like everything in the interior aside from the screens. Love the steering wheel colour.

too bad no smooth shifting slick V6.

I could see Buick folding in North America

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-04-24 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Buick totally redesigns the 2025 Enclave.