Canada For events in Canada.

Read before you buy a lexus!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-18, 08:20 AM
blackct416
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read before you buy a lexus!!

As a 2011 Lexus owner, I received a letter from Lexus Canada saying that I am enrolled into warranty enhancement program, where there the car could idle rough or have loud noise at cold start along with an engine light and that I should bring my car in if it experienced the symptoms.

Until recently I experienced the exact symptoms where the car will have a loud noise and threw and engine code, naturally I brought it in along with an airbag recall.

Now the dealership is charging me $160+tax because they said the code that was scanned doesn't match up the code on the letter.

How as a customer we can protect or even benefit ourselves from this so called warranty enhancement program, even if we experience what was said on the program letter we are taking our on chance, either hope that the code matches up or risk paying $160+tax for a diagnostic fee for a simple code scan.
So as the customer, we are taking our on chance because we won't be able to scan the code other than matching the apparent symptoms on the letter itself (loud noise at start up + engine light)

So is this $160+tax a way to deter customers that are entitled to get coverage under this so called Warranty Enhancement program, which oriented from Lexus using an inferior part from the beginning?

Or is it just another way of money grabbing?

Calling Lexus Canada Customer service is of no help and they basically say you are on your own. Is this how your treat your customers, Lexus Canada?
Old 01-31-18, 09:02 AM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by blackct416
As a 2011 Lexus owner, I received a letter from Lexus Canada saying that I am enrolled into warranty enhancement program, where there the car could idle rough or have loud noise at cold start along with an engine light and that I should bring my car in if it experienced the symptoms.

Until recently I experienced the exact symptoms where the car will have a loud noise and threw and engine code, naturally I brought it in along with an airbag recall.

Now the dealership is charging me $160+tax because they said the code that was scanned doesn't match up the code on the letter.

How as a customer we can protect or even benefit ourselves from this so called warranty enhancement program, even if we experience what was said on the program letter we are taking our on chance, either hope that the code matches up or risk paying $160+tax for a diagnostic fee for a simple code scan.
So as the customer, we are taking our on chance because we won't be able to scan the code other than matching the apparent symptoms on the letter itself (loud noise at start up + engine light)
So is this $160+tax a way to deter customers that are entitled to get coverage under this so called Warranty Enhancement program, which oriented from Lexus using an inferior part from the beginning?
Calling Lexus Canada Customer service is of no help and they basically say you are on your own. Is this how your treat your customers, Lexus Canada?
I don't think this is a Lexus Canada Problem, but this dealer being greedy. Did they tell you than unless the code matched the one in the letter you'll be charged? if not, refuse to pay and report this to consumer's dept of the Ont Government, if you already paid challenge it with your credit card company and still report it to the consumer's affairs. dept.
Old 02-01-18, 12:38 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by blackct416

Let me guess, your dealer was in Ottawa