Recomendation for a good service facility in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-16, 09:01 AM
CANADALEX
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomendation for a good service facility in Toronto

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2013 GS350 AWD as a "daily beater", I was now just curious as to who (in your experience) is the best place to take the car to for servicing. I was thinking about Downtown Toronto Lexus as it is fairly close for me, but if anyone else knows a good place to take it to, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-08-16, 10:02 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have heard good things about Bullock City and Aussie Auto. Both ran by ex-Toyota/Lexus dealership mechanics.
I do all the work myself....
Old 09-09-16, 11:02 AM
Seafarer
Driver School Candidate

I serviced at Lexus of Richmond Hill for almost 9 years....and then unfortunately had to move to Ottawa banghead: banghead:
Old 09-10-16, 03:11 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Aussie Auto is in Mississauga, he knows his stuff, small shop so you need to make an appointment.
Old 11-10-16, 01:45 PM
mecanoauto
Driver School Candidate

I am an ex Lexus Master technician and I have recently opened my own shop in Mississauga, it's called Mecano Autoworks. If you have some time, come by and I'll gladly help you maintain your Lexus...
Old 11-10-16, 01:54 PM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mecanoauto
I am an ex Lexus Master technician and I have recently opened my own shop in Mississauga, it's called Mecano Autoworks. If you have some time, come by and I'll gladly help you maintain your Lexus...
I live In Mississauga and work up the street from you on Bramalea, good to have another Mechanic in the area.
Old 11-10-16, 01:57 PM
mecanoauto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ToDesi
I live In Mississauga, good to have another Mechanic in the area.
Good to be here...
Old 11-11-16, 01:26 PM
Jlin89
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CANADALEX
Hi All,

I recently purchased a 2013 GS350 AWD as a "daily beater", I was now just curious as to who (in your experience) is the best place to take the car to for servicing. I was thinking about Downtown Toronto Lexus as it is fairly close for me, but if anyone else knows a good place to take it to, your input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
I work at Lexus on the Park in sales, if you want to check us out, we're more than fair on prices and we have top notch service technicians
Old 11-22-16, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

I am due for an oil change on my '14 IS 350 AWD F Sport. I need an alignment and it is lowered.

I noticed Ken Shaw has a $99 alignment special as well as a $73 oil change. Should I just go for it? Would other Lexus dealers price match this?

I thought about indy places, like i-garage or Gilman but would still have to find a place for an alignment.
Old 11-23-16, 11:01 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 387
I am due for an oil change on my '14 IS 350 AWD F Sport. I need an alignment and it is lowered.

I noticed Ken Shaw has a $99 alignment special as well as a $73 oil change. Should I just go for it? Would other Lexus dealers price match this?

I thought about indy places, like i-garage or Gilman but would still have to find a place for an alignment.
Remember it says "from $99.95".Who knows what they will come up with when you go there.
Old 12-04-16, 07:00 PM
kennyboi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CANADALEX
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
If money is not a concern then bring it back to the stealership. Other than that I heard aussie auto is pretty good in mississauga, but I service mine at bullock auto in markham (but I live in mississauga lol). ex toyota/lexus techs, knows their stuff, fast service and at the same time, very competitive price.
Old 12-07-16, 06:17 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by 387

Ken Shaw is a great dealership. They feed you too, complimentary breakfast or lunch depending on when you get there (I always book for first thing Saturdays), plus they have the Lexus lounge with snacks and drinks..

How low is your car though? I brought mine there and it was a bit tricky for them to get on their hoist. They had to jack the car up manually to get the hoist arms under it.. Not their fault, but they accommodated me without fuss.

ErinPark Lexus in Mississauga, while not the most friendly, can handle lowered cars, and they don't care too much about mods.
Old 01-16-17, 10:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by brendanf
Ken Shaw is a great dealership. They feed you too, complimentary breakfast or lunch depending on when you get there (I always book for first thing Saturdays), plus they have the Lexus lounge with snacks and drinks..

How low is your car though? I brought mine there and it was a bit tricky for them to get on their hoist. They had to jack the car up manually to get the hoist arms under it.. Not their fault, but they accommodated me without fuss.

ErinPark Lexus in Mississauga, while not the most friendly, can handle lowered cars, and they don't care too much about mods.
I went to Ken Shaw for their $73 oil change on their 6 cylinder service special, but was told it was $20 more because the car used synthetic and they weren't comfortable doing an alignment. I think it is about RSR SD low. I was kinda bummed because I could have just gone to DVNL, LOTP, or LDT which are closer, but I did have breakfast. The service writer Jeff was great with followup after the oil change was done, before they washed it he tracked me down to see if I wanted the wipers replaced, which I declined. This was noted on the receipt, which I would happily pay an extra $20 for, just to add it to the service records for when I sell the car. After breakfast, I went into their new showroom (the place is still under construction) and sat in the saw their '17 IS 350 AWD Executive up close. While I was sitting in it, a salesperson I assume was about to go to lunch asked if I had any questions, which I didn't at the time, but suggested I speak to Mark who I chatted a few minutes about the new model changes which I did. When I got my car back, I went into parts to buy the wiper blade inserts. The parts guy was just as pleasant, but since the internet was intermittent, I couldn't run my Interac card and had no cash on me so I walked away empty handed.

Yeah, Ken Shaw is an excellent dealership, I googled them and they have the highest ratings atm. Even though there was some disappointment, their staff more than made up for it. Overall I had a great experience and will go there again.
Old 04-20-17, 05:48 PM
Cocal
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

I'd like to signal a new dealership for those people East of Toronto and it's Lexus of Lakeridge 180 Achilles Rd Ajax, been there and found the whole service gang to be extremely helpful and knowledgeable

Last edited by Cocal; 08-26-17 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-21-17, 07:39 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by mecanoauto
It's great to know the technician himself is in the forum. By the way, i am looking for a shop to install my exhaust. It's an axle back for my 2016 IS. PM me if you are interested? Thanks.