Notices
Canada For events in Canada.

Hotels in Vancouver

 
Old 07-12-11, 03:43 AM
  #1  
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Hotels in Vancouver

Going with some friends to Vancouver this weekend and would appreciate any suggestions/ advice for some decent wallet friendly hotels close to the city, thanks
2BENVD is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 09:59 AM
  #2  
Jetfire
Royale with cheese
iTrader: (3)
 
Jetfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,098
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

how close to the city and what is your budget?
Jetfire is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 10:06 AM
  #3  
ddhleigh
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Van BC
Posts: 346
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Where do you want to be near? As in are you coming for an event say in downtown?
ddhleigh is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 11:56 AM
  #4  
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
how close to the city and what is your budget?
Would like to spend less than $130 for night for 4

Originally Posted by ddhleigh View Post
Where do you want to be near? As in are you coming for an event say in downtown?
Going to be around the night clubs so I'm assuming downtown?
2BENVD is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 01:18 PM
  #5  
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,114
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

There's a ton of hotels downtown. Best bet I'd say is so hit up Travelocity.com or another site like that. You cant really go wrong with any hotel downtown (as long as its not in the East-side lol).
I think you'd be hardpressed to find a hotel for 4, downtown, for that price range though. They usually range around $130 for 2. If you stay outside of the city, like in Burnaby or Richmond or something, you'll find cheaper hotels..
scENFORCER is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 07:34 PM
  #6  
ddhleigh
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Van BC
Posts: 346
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's about $200-$250 based on 4 ppl in one room for a decent place in the middle of everything. Example Sheraton wall center, which is kinda stumbling distance from the Roxy. Or $100 - $150 per room based on two ppl. You might want to get a place on the edge of downtown and a taxi. Or outside downtown and take taxi or skytrain (ie monorail).

The Listel isn't bad either.
Blue Horizon Hotel is average, sort of oldish, but it's right on Robson and Thurlow. Close to bars, shopping, places to eat.

Just keep in mind it's a place to sleep. So no use spending lots on a hotel room. Just stay away from the 1-2 star hotels around the Hastings/Main area.

Last edited by ddhleigh; 07-12-11 at 07:40 PM.
ddhleigh is offline  
Old 07-12-11, 10:36 PM
  #7  
4DGS
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
4DGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 140
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Stay in Richmod, there's mad weird asian car stores and **** haha.
4DGS is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 12:51 AM
  #8  
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by scENFORCER View Post
There's a ton of hotels downtown. Best bet I'd say is so hit up Travelocity.com or another site like that. You cant really go wrong with any hotel downtown (as long as its not in the East-side lol).
I think you'd be hardpressed to find a hotel for 4, downtown, for that price range though. They usually range around $130 for 2. If you stay outside of the city, like in Burnaby or Richmond or something, you'll find cheaper hotels..
Appreciate the advice I'll look into it
Originally Posted by ddhleigh View Post
It's about $200-$250 based on 4 ppl in one room for a decent place in the middle of everything. Example Sheraton wall center, which is kinda stumbling distance from the Roxy. Or $100 - $150 per room based on two ppl. You might want to get a place on the edge of downtown and a taxi. Or outside downtown and take taxi or skytrain (ie monorail).

The Listel isn't bad either.
Blue Horizon Hotel is average, sort of oldish, but it's right on Robson and Thurlow. Close to bars, shopping, places to eat.

Just keep in mind it's a place to sleep. So no use spending lots on a hotel room. Just stay away from the 1-2 star hotels around the Hastings/Main area.
Thanks for the tip
Originally Posted by 4DGS View Post
Stay in Richmod, there's mad weird asian car stores and **** haha.
lol, also I've noticed clubs Republic & Barcelona got pretty good reviews, if anyone's been already or been else where would appreciate recommendations, thanks guys
2BENVD is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 02:29 PM
  #9  
Jetfire
Royale with cheese
iTrader: (3)
 
Jetfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,098
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

^What kinda music and what kind acrowd are you looking for?
Jetfire is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 03:27 PM
  #10  
edarte
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Vancouver Island, BC -ex Illinois &Toronto, ON
Posts: 212
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Better bidding on Priceline

Go to this site http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=173& to get tips on bidding on priceline. I use it often and routinely save 50 -75% on hotel rate. For example, four star Sheraton downtown Vancouver goes for $130.
edarte is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 09:16 PM
  #11  
Measured
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Measured's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 455
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
^What kinda music and what kind acrowd are you looking for?
Agreed, I've been in most of the clubs in the city when I was doing some club photography on the side for ****s and giggles. I grew tired of it quickly as I hated being bother by wannabe gangstars and drunk girls.

- Shine
- Republic
- Modern
- Pop Opera

Just to name a few. Then you have the various places around these venues.
Measured is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 09:57 PM
  #12  
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

^^ oh nice so those are places you recommend right? yea guys I enjoy trance music like tiesto, atb, armin van buuren and main stream stuff like pit bull, t-pain ect. at clubs
2BENVD is offline  
Old 07-13-11, 11:25 PM
  #13  
Jetfire
Royale with cheese
iTrader: (3)
 
Jetfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,098
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

don't go to shine.

it is really cramped since it's really small place and the music is not very good. no mainstream stuff.

also do you want a "white" or "asian" club?
Jetfire is offline  
Old 07-14-11, 07:03 AM
  #14  
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
SorrGwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 1,423
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

id personally say, stay at a hotel somewhat near or accessable to a skytrain station, then just skytrain downtown. easier than finding parking, cheaper as parking isnt cheap downtown for the night.

you can hit up gastown and there are a few clubs all within walking distance (stumbling if ur drunk) of each other, then the others around granville area.

mind you, the last time i went clubbing was well over 8 years ago. however, thats what the youngins tell me these days.
SorrGwa is offline  
Old 07-14-11, 06:37 PM
  #15  
2BENVD
Lexus Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
2BENVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wa
Posts: 3,024
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
don't go to shine.

it is really cramped since it's really small place and the music is not very good. no mainstream stuff.

also do you want a "white" or "asian" club?
lol each club has its own ethnic group? idk just prefer young hot chicks to be around

Originally Posted by SorrGwa View Post
id personally say, stay at a hotel somewhat near or accessable to a skytrain station, then just skytrain downtown. easier than finding parking, cheaper as parking isnt cheap downtown for the night.

you can hit up gastown and there are a few clubs all within walking distance (stumbling if ur drunk) of each other, then the others around granville area.

mind you, the last time i went clubbing was well over 8 years ago. however, thats what the youngins tell me these days.
cool thanks I'll prob do that, btw drinking age in canada is 19 right lol?

Last edited by 2BENVD; 07-14-11 at 07:08 PM.
2BENVD is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hotels in Vancouver


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: