ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada-133/)
-   -   Hotels in Vancouver (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/canada/580912-hotels-in-vancouver.html)

2BENVD 07-12-11 03:43 AM

Hotels in Vancouver

Going with some friends to Vancouver this weekend and would appreciate any suggestions/ advice for some decent wallet friendly hotels close to the city, thanks

Jetfire 07-12-11 09:59 AM

how close to the city and what is your budget?

ddhleigh 07-12-11 10:06 AM

Where do you want to be near? As in are you coming for an event say in downtown?

2BENVD 07-12-11 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jetfire (Post 6527822)
how close to the city and what is your budget?

Would like to spend less than $130 for night for 4

Originally Posted by ddhleigh (Post 6527839)
Where do you want to be near? As in are you coming for an event say in downtown?

Going to be around the night clubs so I'm assuming downtown?

scENFORCER 07-12-11 01:18 PM

There's a ton of hotels downtown. Best bet I'd say is so hit up Travelocity.com or another site like that. You cant really go wrong with any hotel downtown (as long as its not in the East-side lol).
I think you'd be hardpressed to find a hotel for 4, downtown, for that price range though. They usually range around $130 for 2. If you stay outside of the city, like in Burnaby or Richmond or something, you'll find cheaper hotels..

ddhleigh 07-12-11 07:34 PM

It's about $200-$250 based on 4 ppl in one room for a decent place in the middle of everything. Example Sheraton wall center, which is kinda stumbling distance from the Roxy. Or $100 - $150 per room based on two ppl. You might want to get a place on the edge of downtown and a taxi. Or outside downtown and take taxi or skytrain (ie monorail).

The Listel isn't bad either.
Blue Horizon Hotel is average, sort of oldish, but it's right on Robson and Thurlow. Close to bars, shopping, places to eat.

Just keep in mind it's a place to sleep. So no use spending lots on a hotel room. Just stay away from the 1-2 star hotels around the Hastings/Main area.

4DGS 07-12-11 10:36 PM

Stay in Richmod, there's mad weird asian car stores and **** haha.

2BENVD 07-13-11 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by scENFORCER (Post 6528358)
There's a ton of hotels downtown. Best bet I'd say is so hit up Travelocity.com or another site like that. You cant really go wrong with any hotel downtown (as long as its not in the East-side lol).
I think you'd be hardpressed to find a hotel for 4, downtown, for that price range though. They usually range around $130 for 2. If you stay outside of the city, like in Burnaby or Richmond or something, you'll find cheaper hotels..

Appreciate the advice I'll look into it

Originally Posted by ddhleigh (Post 6529258)
It's about $200-$250 based on 4 ppl in one room for a decent place in the middle of everything. Example Sheraton wall center, which is kinda stumbling distance from the Roxy. Or $100 - $150 per room based on two ppl. You might want to get a place on the edge of downtown and a taxi. Or outside downtown and take taxi or skytrain (ie monorail).

The Listel isn't bad either.
Blue Horizon Hotel is average, sort of oldish, but it's right on Robson and Thurlow. Close to bars, shopping, places to eat.

Just keep in mind it's a place to sleep. So no use spending lots on a hotel room. Just stay away from the 1-2 star hotels around the Hastings/Main area.

Thanks for the tip:thumbup:

Originally Posted by 4DGS (Post 6529651)
Stay in Richmod, there's mad weird asian car stores and **** haha.

lol, also I've noticed clubs Republic & Barcelona got pretty good reviews, if anyone's been already or been else where would appreciate recommendations, thanks guys

Jetfire 07-13-11 02:29 PM

^What kinda music and what kind acrowd are you looking for?

edarte 07-13-11 03:27 PM

Better bidding on Priceline

Go to this site http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=173& to get tips on bidding on priceline. I use it often and routinely save 50 -75% on hotel rate. For example, four star Sheraton downtown Vancouver goes for $130.

Measured 07-13-11 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jetfire (Post 6531307)
^What kinda music and what kind acrowd are you looking for?

Agreed, I've been in most of the clubs in the city when I was doing some club photography on the side for ****s and giggles. I grew tired of it quickly as I hated being bother by wannabe gangstars and drunk girls.

- Shine
- Republic
- Modern
- Pop Opera

Just to name a few. Then you have the various places around these venues.

2BENVD 07-13-11 09:57 PM

^^ oh nice so those are places you recommend right? yea guys I enjoy trance music like tiesto, atb, armin van buuren and main stream stuff like pit bull, t-pain ect. at clubs

Jetfire 07-13-11 11:25 PM

don't go to shine.

it is really cramped since it's really small place and the music is not very good. no mainstream stuff.

also do you want a "white" or "asian" club?

SorrGwa 07-14-11 07:03 AM

id personally say, stay at a hotel somewhat near or accessable to a skytrain station, then just skytrain downtown. easier than finding parking, cheaper as parking isnt cheap downtown for the night.

you can hit up gastown and there are a few clubs all within walking distance (stumbling if ur drunk) of each other, then the others around granville area.

mind you, the last time i went clubbing was well over 8 years ago. however, thats what the youngins tell me these days.

2BENVD 07-14-11 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jetfire (Post 6532450)
don't go to shine.

it is really cramped since it's really small place and the music is not very good. no mainstream stuff.

also do you want a "white" or "asian" club?

lol each club has its own ethnic group? idk just prefer young hot chicks to be around:p

Originally Posted by SorrGwa (Post 6532887)
id personally say, stay at a hotel somewhat near or accessable to a skytrain station, then just skytrain downtown. easier than finding parking, cheaper as parking isnt cheap downtown for the night.

you can hit up gastown and there are a few clubs all within walking distance (stumbling if ur drunk) of each other, then the others around granville area.

mind you, the last time i went clubbing was well over 8 years ago. however, thats what the youngins tell me these days.

cool thanks I'll prob do that, btw drinking age in canada is 19 right lol?