2015 GS350 F-Sport Daily on Airrunner

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-19, 11:12 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 F-Sport Daily on Airrunner

How’s it going guys, I’m not on here too often and probably won’t be but im
making this thread to keep track of what I started and what I’ll end up with. My names Paulo, 24 years old and here’s where I’m gonna throw my bulls up. I don’t think I did a build on my 3GS either or maybe I did, I’m forgetful so that’s why I’m doing this. Some insight, been a Lexus owner since 2012. Went through my fair share of classic 400’s. LS, SC, GS, and an 08 350, so I’m not new to the Lexus game.

18” Garson ryugi on Stance Coilovers

20” work schwert sc2 on D2 Coilovers

19” WedsSport Sa55M on Airrunner/Airlift V2

2015 GS350 F-sport w/ Cabernet interior purch. Jan 18, 2019

I ended up picking up my Airrunner for the 4th gen last week, so now that the semester is over and I have days off again I’ll be able to start getting that sorted out and thrown in. I don’t plan to do too much to the car at all but like I said I’m doing this just to keep track. I’ll update this once I get the air set up and in ����

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 05-22-19 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-19-19, 04:48 PM
TOPENDMS
Former Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 108 Posts

Looks like you know what you're doing. Good stuff.

Just wondering .. what made you pony up for the AirRunner System vs some of the 'more affordable' alternatives?
Old 05-19-19, 05:17 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TOPENDMS
Looks like you know what you're doing. Good stuff.

Just wondering .. what made you pony up for the AirRunner System vs some of the 'more affordable' alternatives?

I loved the ride of my airrunner prior, and I always waited and looked for used setups. I don’t mind buying used if they’re still in good condition. As you saw from my old 2nd gen I been there done that with the static stuff. It’s taken me 12 oil pans to learn that you can never be careful enough for all the construction in town. My view of things have changed over the years and do enjoy not breaking things anymore. I don’t drive low, I’m paying quite a bit a month for a car so I want to make sure I get the best ride and whatnot without causing any destruction to it. Ride quality is HUGE for me and you can’t go wrong with a company that literally uses struts from an OEM company specifically made for air ride and not just a Coilovers with a bag slapped on.

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 05-19-19 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-21-19, 10:51 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Nice start, can't wait to see where this is going.

Let us know if you need anything!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-22-19, 06:48 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice start, can't wait to see where this is going.

Let us know if you need anything!

-Josh
Thanks josh, appreciate the kind words.
Old 05-28-19, 11:06 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Default Update: 5/28

Started setting up my baseboard. I like doing it this way so it’s all easy to just remove and pull off if need be. Im not trying to do anything fancy. Dual Viair 380’s, the airlift v3, and just a 4 Gallon tank. nobody is ever going to see my trunk so it’s ok. The cubby size is about a 33x18” I ended up making my baseboard 32x15 since I want to try and keep as much trunk room as possible. All the lines and harness will be ran underneath and behind the tank. I want wiring and all kept to a minimum. Gonna go ahead and clean up my wiring in the harness tomorrow. there are some things that bug me including the way they have the secondary compressor relay set up. I’ll post more once I get to it

Last edited by SC4Paulo; 05-28-19 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-29-19, 01:34 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Hated seeing this so one of the first things to get redone
Old 06-14-19, 12:14 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Default Update: 6/13

Been busy and haven’t touched my car since, ended up bagging a 15 IS350 Fsport on airlift 3P and Airlift air struts, that rear kit is a pain, and converted an STI back to stock from coils and exhaust as well as finishing up a set of wheels for a pandem r32 build.
Received my airlift replacement harness for the 3P, pretty sure that’s gonna fix my compressor issue so I’m gonna get that wired up to my dual comps and relay. As soon as I finish up with that, I think I’ll be able to squeeze some me time in and get my car on the ground finally.

Old 07-09-19, 10:17 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Guess who finally got some time to work on their own stuff. Finally got the new airlift 3P and harness in and threw the 444c in and just ran that. Looks like the rear bag runs a bit on the rear arm, and I’m not running the rear sways since I didn’t receive the spacers with the airrunner kit. No big deal, used to driving with no sways since my 240 doesn’t have them on either.

The following 2 users liked this post by SC4Paulo:
SharpGent (07-10-19), signdetres (07-10-19)
Old 07-09-19, 06:20 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

wow. insanity. are you gonna do some sort of trunk set up for the tanks and what not?
Old 07-10-19, 11:37 AM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by thisguy_06
wow. insanity. are you gonna do some sort of trunk set up for the tanks and what not?
To be honest most likely not, its not a show car or anything its just my daily, Im more so into simplicity and functionality. I just have the tank, two compressors and management in the middle. Id like to remove the whole set up all in one piece quickly and easily since i drive 400 miles a week pretty much.
Old 11-17-19, 04:41 PM
lexlude
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

I am planning to do the same thing. What is the widest size tank can you fit back there? You mention the rear bag rub on the control arm, how did you solve that?. Is the second compressor harness really necessary? I was thinking about just adding a $5 relay and some wires.

Do you really drive 400 miles a week on the air suspension. I'm in the middle of doing research on my next project