ISF Track build

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-19, 05:29 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by ljdsong

Memorial Track Day prep! From 71R to R1
Any predictions on how you will do VS the civic type r?
Old 05-24-19, 05:43 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I want those wheels and tires... Awesome, totally awesome... Very interested in your impression of the cross brace on the track also. thanks

Last edited by mike33; 05-25-19 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-25-19, 06:26 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Any predictions on how you will do VS the civic type r?
I wish i have enough time to to put everything planned before this coming track day. Too busy, So no time for front bumper splitter, corner balancing maybe today.
With the OS Giken and the RI im very positive my F can handle any CTR in the track this monday. But my skills is not enough to break those time but i will try. Planned is my son will run the F 2 session to analyze the max performance of the car. Actually im thinking to stripped every possible parts from the car including the airconditioning system. 😃
Old 05-28-19, 10:04 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

I have no time to corner balance the car,before the event.
Best time is 2:04 from my son. But he only drive the car twice in the track. Hes time with his CTR was 2:01, best of the event overall.
I only achieved 2:08, need more practice.
Im happy with the turn out of the car performance.

Last edited by ljdsong; 05-29-19 at 09:53 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by ljdsong:
BS ISF (05-28-19), Defratos (05-29-19), MLRSTJ (09-05-19)
Old 05-28-19, 01:43 PM
illwillem
Pit Crew

Received 446 Likes on 132 Posts

NIce! That things looks hooked up, especially with all that HP. What was the best time you ended up running with the bypass? Also what exhaust are you using it sounds MEAN!

Last edited by illwillem; 05-28-19 at 02:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ljdsong (10-10-20)
Old 08-01-19, 01:00 PM
JamesISF
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The pics doesnt justify the actual look of the car, for me that APR wing made me wanting the car again. Its not to big or too small for her. Its functional,thats what i feel during cornering in the track. Honestly i dont have any comparison coz i never had a chance to run without that wing.
@ljdsong - did you buy The APR wing from RR-Racing or is that a custom one ? Was it easy to install with factory oem trunk spoiler? Thanks
Leander311 (08-26-20)
Old 08-01-19, 05:23 PM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

I wish i have enough time to to put everything planned before this coming track day. Too busy, So no time for front bumper splitter, corner balancing maybe today.
With the OS Giken and the RI im very positive my F can handle any CTR in the track this monday. But my skills is not enough to break those time but i will try. Planned is my son will run the F 2 session to analyze the max performance of the car. Actually im thinking to stripped every possible parts from the car including the airconditioning system. 😃
You can make your car very light. I figured 3350 pounds while keeping the AC and speakers and full interior. Carbon roof, very light race seats (lighter than yours), suspension, remove tar from car, gut trunk, light battery, light wheels, 2 piece rotors. If you gut interior, even more. Granted your supercharger kit added weight.
Old 08-03-19, 08:51 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
You can make your car very light. I figured 3350 pounds while keeping the AC and speakers and full interior. Carbon roof, very light race seats (lighter than yours), suspension, remove tar from car, gut trunk, light battery, light wheels, 2 piece rotors. If you gut interior, even more. Granted your supercharger kit added weight.
Thanks for the inputs, got already the 2pc rotors, antigravity batt weighs 10lbs. Set of sparco seats. Wheels are the lightest i know, aside from CF.
I will remove the tar/carpet in the coming days. I will not missed up the roof, but if there available kit to delete the moonrood i will consider it. I will take out also the sound system. Im contented with he rr racing R/T coilovers.
Thinking of upgrading also the supercharger pulley.
Old 08-09-19, 11:23 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Subscribed...awesome build!
Old 08-22-19, 07:36 PM
Jwconeil

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
With the wing and splitter on that car, no differential is going to even the race. You'll need more tire, a real splitter (like the one on the Civic), a real wing (not a cosmetic enhancement wing), and some focused weight loss to get the IS F in the same lap times as the Civic. Once you get the necessary downforce and tire, you should be able to lap better than the Civic.
I think the APR 300 wing makes some pretty serious downforce. It’s not chassis mounted, but apparently our trunk lids can take a lot of pressure.
Leander311 (08-26-20)
Old 08-23-19, 03:49 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

I think the APR 300 wing makes some pretty serious downforce. It’s not chassis mounted, but apparently our trunk lids can take a lot of pressure.
I didnt research about a 2D vs a 3D (apr 300)wing types but in apr websites they explain the effectiveness of the 3D set up. Few days ago i take out my wing and the F has a lot of oversteer intances during my spirited driving. This wing has a significant positive effect on my car.
Leander311 (08-26-20)
Old 09-02-19, 06:17 AM
Jwconeil

Few random questions.

Did you have an open diff or Torsen diff prior to the Giken?

Did you feel any difference with the Fsport brace and the RR brace?

How do you like your quickjack? I had long planned on building a pole barn for a full sized lift, but I’m considering simplifying my plan and building a regular garage and using a quick jack instead (I hate debt, and hope to be debt free early in life). They seem like a neat little solution for most DIY car guys. Can you get a creeper under it with plenty of working room?

Looking forward to updates on this.
Old 09-02-19, 05:03 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Few random questions.

Did you have an open diff or Torsen diff prior to the Giken?

Did you feel any difference with the Fsport brace and the RR brace?

How do you like your quickjack? I had long planned on building a pole barn for a full sized lift, but I’m considering simplifying my plan and building a regular garage and using a quick jack instead (I hate debt, and hope to be debt free early in life). They seem like a neat little solution for most DIY car guys. Can you get a creeper under it with plenty of working room?

Looking forward to updates on this.
I came from open diff, replaced it with torsen from rcf and figs diff bushings. The difference is noticeable but from torsen to os giken its night and day. You can feel the og even at normal cornering speed. In open diff to torsen you cant feel anything.
In regards to quickjack, i recommend the longer one. The 5000slx is short to the lift point of the isf and the same time its not easy as what i think to lift a car but it helps. Another negative about the QJack you cant lower it while the car is on jacks stands. You cant take out the running boards and the underbody sides cover with it. Yes you can use a creeper, but its tight under, you have to used the low profile HFreight creeper. Im goin to return it to costco and get the longer one.
I dont feel any noticeable difference about the braces that i have,maybe i was not able to max out the performance of my F last time i was in the track. I got a headache that day

PS for the QuickJack 5000XLT is the one for the F.

Last edited by ljdsong; 09-03-19 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-23-19, 11:19 AM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Default Handling performance modz

Getting Ready Again!
Old 09-23-19, 01:15 PM
illwillem
Pit Crew

Received 446 Likes on 132 Posts

What are those red sphericals that are sitting on the orange wrapper?

Quick Reply: ISF Track build