Romanova
Racer

Received 731 Likes on 518 Posts

Man, looks good for the mileage!
Old 10-19-20, 11:46 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 98 Posts

I need to find an alignment shop that has those wheel lip mounted sensors! Most places, my Subaru dealership included, have the sensors that clamp onto the tire, which does no good when you are quite low.
Old 10-20-20, 10:02 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
Man, looks good for the mileage!
Thanks, although not as cleans as I would like it to be!

Originally Posted by kos
I need to find an alignment shop that has those wheel lip mounted sensors! Most places, my Subaru dealership included, have the sensors that clamp onto the tire, which does no good when you are quite low.
For what its worth, I went to Global Tires ! Perhaps you have one of those near you ?
Old 10-22-20, 10:35 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 163 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
For what its worth, I went to Global Tires ! Perhaps you have one of those near you ?
Is that where you got the tires mounted? At some point I want a new set of wheels, bu heard its tough to find places that will do even a mild stretch...
Old 10-22-20, 01:52 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ellesse
Is that where you got the tires mounted? At some point I want a new set of wheels, bu heard its tough to find places that will do even a mild stretch...
Yes sir , Global tires is where I got the tires mounted (they didn't break my valve stems unlike the 1st place I went to! )

I did have to call around to see if they would stretch tires, but mine is a very small stretch - What wheel / tire size combo are you wanting to go for ?
Old 10-23-20, 06:56 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Yes sir , Global tires is where I got the tires mounted (they didn't break my valve stems unlike the 1st place I went to! )

I did have to call around to see if they would stretch tires, but mine is a very small stretch - What wheel / tire size combo are you wanting to go for ?
Good to know! I've been a loyal discount tire customer for years, but they're very strict on what they will mount in wheels.
not sure what combo im looking for to be honest, would live to mimic your setup which is perfect, but I'm on coils so a bit worried about being aggressive. I'm also being a cheap ba$tard in what I end up with for budget reasons!
I found a set 19x9.5 19x11 et25 front and back, but worried the rear is too wide and not sure if the front will still need a spacer which might kill it
Old 10-23-20, 12:42 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello all,

Quick update - Decided to go ahead and do some maintenance work on the LS now that its reached 200k!

Transmission drain/fill:

Looks good! Just wondering, is that a leak on your transmission pan or just from the fluid draining? Have you considered replacing the transmission mount as well?
Old 10-26-20, 09:16 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Good to know! I've been a loyal discount tire customer for years, but they're very strict on what they will mount in wheels.
not sure what combo im looking for to be honest, would live to mimic your setup which is perfect, but I'm on coils so a bit worried about being aggressive. I'm also being a cheap ba$tard in what I end up with for budget reasons!
I found a set 19x9.5 19x11 et25 front and back, but worried the rear is too wide and not sure if the front will still need a spacer which might kill it
You can always make it fit, just depends on what you'd want as a ride height? Those specs don't sound too aggressive - although you may need to trim your rear arches!

Originally Posted by marsmango
Looks good! Just wondering, is that a leak on your transmission pan or just from the fluid draining? Have you considered replacing the transmission mount as well?
No leak as far as I know - I was cleaning the surface with some brake cleaner ! No I havent replaced the transmission mount but perhaps that will happen soon. Have you replaced yours? I know its an easy job.

Thanks
Old 10-26-20, 01:35 PM
marsmango
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

No leak as far as I know - I was cleaning the surface with some brake cleaner ! No I havent replaced the transmission mount but perhaps that will happen soon. Have you replaced yours? I know its an easy job.

Thanks
I did replace mine, it was in poor condition and basically split in half. Replacing it made a big difference in terms of ride quality/vibration reduction, but I have a 2001 with 165k miles. You might see similar improvement at 200k miles. Replacement was easy and OEM part was cheap also, I followed this procedure
Old 11-04-20, 07:55 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default JDM Update - Roof spoiler

Hello all,

Quick update - I purchased a newly painted Crystal white roof spoiler from Japan about 5 weeks ago and it just arrived last weekend. Decided I would thoroughly clean the car and fit it. Overall I am extremely happy with the condition / color match of the spoiler and think it looks great!

Cleaned the rear window with some isopropyl alcohol, applied some 3M double-sided tape on the spoiler:

Stuck the spoiler on making sure its evenly spaced on each side:

All comments welcomed!

Thanks,
Yann
The following 3 users liked this post by YannG:
Getlowe415 (01-08-22), mavisky (11-04-20), notmill (11-14-20)
Old 11-04-20, 08:27 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 731 Likes on 518 Posts

I love that style that fits within the perimeter of the rear windshield. I really want a similar spoiler for mine, though after the first one I ordered being horribly off the 062 color and being damaged in shipping, I pretty much gave up.
Old 11-04-20, 06:53 PM
Ellesse
Advanced

I love how your car has come together, everything so crisp and not overdone
Old 11-13-20, 11:38 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Romanova
I love that style that fits within the perimeter of the rear windshield. I really want a similar spoiler for mine, though after the first one I ordered being horribly off the 062 color and being damaged in shipping, I pretty much gave up.
Thanks, I also think it fits really well and follows the line of the window visors. I do think i got very lucky with the color match and condition, like you know any purchase on YAJ is pretty much a gamble! I'll let you know if i see another one for sale!

I love how your car has come together, everything so crisp and not overdone
Thanks "Ellesse" I really appreciate the kind words
Old 11-14-20, 01:29 AM
notmill
Pit Crew

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Man, that roof spoiler really completes the look. The car looks very well put together as a clean and simple VIP inspired build. Nothing too overdone or loud.
Old 11-19-20, 11:44 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Default Update - Bent Wheel

Hello,

This isnt exactly a great "update" as you can see from the images below - I was on a "new highway" and unfortunately hit a huge pot hole (and I no I was not able to change lanes due to traffic).

I am still shopping around to get it fixed, but does anyone think hitting it with a rubber mallet + heat could work?

Thanks,
Yann

Quick Reply: YannG's 05 Lexus LS430 Build thread