Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Keoni - Nebula Grey 2015 Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 08:57 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Keoni - Nebula Grey 2015 Build

Aloha everyone! I know in my heart that I'm going to modding this car slowly, unfortunately due to other projects, so each car/home will get an upgrade slowly but surely haha.

Cert-Pre Owned, 2nd owner, Nebula Grey with Circa Red interior. Dealer and VIN shows this is the performance package but there is no carbon roof... research shows that this is an ordered vehicle and they did not want the carbon roof/spoiler. Mark Lev sound, TVD, etc etc though wish it had the CF roof and spoiler!

My name is Keoni, was reading people builds and more I see the more I get excited for mine. My GF was adamant that this car remain driveable to her standards so lowering the car on coilovers will not happen but she agree on some spring options later. Wheels, lip kit of sort, intake will come soon, no tuning or pre-cat exhaust work (downpipes or primary cat, she wants to remain within factory warranty... grain of salt on who determines aftermarket cat-back warranty breaker as we all know but nonetheless cat back only).

Last edited by tuscani66; 07-10-18 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 08:59 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Day 2 of ownership, tint. 35% sides/rear and 50% full front windshield.

The following users liked this post:
Lend0 (07-29-20)
Old 07-10-18, 09:00 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Door LED projector

Last edited by tuscani66; 07-10-18 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 09:03 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Wheels spacers (hub centric) until wheel decision is final, also did the pads/rotors TSB which reduced the brake dust significantly!

Old 07-10-18, 09:31 PM
Kerune
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats on the RCF, how do you like the nebula gray opposed to the other options? I get the itch to do carbon fiber accents or black pearl emblems just to get going lol.
Old 07-11-18, 01:16 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice! I love gray!

Let us know if you need any mods or have any questions!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
tuscani66 (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 04:24 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Kerune
Congrats on the RCF, how do you like the nebula gray opposed to the other options? I get the itch to do carbon fiber accents or black pearl emblems just to get going lol.
​​​​​​
My first choice was Black on Red, second was Grey on Red but I knew Red was in the interior of choice, but I do like the Grey a lot - Its subtle enough in color but still pops when clean and really shows the lines of the car. What black pearl options were you thinking? We went to a mini-meet here in Atlanta not too long ago and met up with a lot of great people and their cars, she saw first hand the rear diffuser and a few other kits - I got my approval on the rear diffuser once she saw it in person so I hope to be ordering that soon (along with front splitter).

I saw Gunny and Ming did their CF interior accents, love it and they did a great job in applying it so it made it look even better, so I will be ordering that kit soon as well. How do you like your Gray, pics?
Old 07-11-18, 04:26 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice! I love gray!

Let us know if you need any mods or have any questions!

-Josh
Josh,

read many many good things of you, customer service, products offered and will be doing just that sir - will keep you posted. Kitchen arrived yesterday so will take a week or so to remove old and replace with new (full cabinets top and bottoms)... fun fun. Then need to recoup a little as that cost was a lot more than originally planned, she got a little pick happy with the options that the cabinet maker offered, damn upsellers!! haha.
Meraki Autoworks (07-11-18)
Old 04-06-19, 02:58 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Got the ARH mid pipes installed (thanks Ming!!!) and love the subtle change... a bit deeper but noticeable!

Manifolds and exhaust are still OEM though.
konichiwa3 (04-14-19)
Old 04-06-19, 06:51 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Excellent!!
The car will breath better at higher speeds. Around 70-100+ mph you should notice car pulls harder. At least it was for me but I had headers & cat back so there was less restrictions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mingofish:
konichiwa3 (04-14-19), tuscani66 (04-06-19)
Old 04-06-19, 07:56 PM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Ming,

I'm sure you're right, will be nice to get this to a track to open her up, soon though... but this is a step towards completing exhaust system later and I'm enjoying the mid's so far - thanks again.

Old 04-14-19, 10:52 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by tuscani66
Got the ARH mid pipes installed (thanks Ming!!!) and love the subtle change... a bit deeper but noticeable!

Manifolds and exhaust are still OEM though.
Originally Posted by Mingofish
Excellent!!
The car will breath better at higher speeds. Around 70-100+ mph you should notice car pulls harder. At least it was for me but I had headers & cat back so there was less restrictions.
Great minds think alike!! I'm considering this mid pipe too! I like the flexibility the ARH midpipe offers in building ones own mix and match exhaust system.

Love the throaty deep sound of ARH full system but performance wise still believe PPE headers are better than ARH headers.

PPE headers along with the deep sound of ARH mid pipe I expect will create the best of both worlds plus the added benefit of adding ones own favorite axleback is icing on the cake.

tuscani66 (04-15-19)
Old 04-15-19, 05:15 AM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

^^^
Koni
Funny you say that. My original mesti mid pipe sounded the meanest but was ridiculously loud after headers went on.
The ARH mid pipe was my favorite as far as how my car sounded out of all 3 mid pipes I’ve owned. It gave a high pitched, slightly raspy note at mid range rpm, which I liked personally. Mind you that was all matched with my Ti rear section.
The main reason I got rid of it was due to my car not having cats. Was tired of the smell. Plus that pipe rubbed a bit on the chassis on my car. Keoni’s installer got it to not rub at all. I wonder if mine was due to install issues or every car is just a tad different...
The last mid pipe from ppe has cats & resonators on it. Still sounds good but I actually missed that ARH combo.

Keoni,
Bet you car would sound awesome if you put headers on it. But then you wouldn’t have cats and would have that smell problem that I didn’t like. That’s a guess since I’ve never heard an F with headers that had oem rear mufflers.
May be a muffler delete?
tuscani66 (04-15-19)
Old 04-15-19, 11:35 AM
tuscani66
Pit Crew

Ming,

will not be putting on headers, at least 90% sure not, and if we did it would have cats. I think GA requires the primary cats and secondary cats to be present to pass emissions test (mirror under car check) so not sure what I'm going to do next year when comes time for emissions, got a recommendation?

Muffler delete probably won't happen either, it might be too loud for her, so not sure.
Old 04-15-19, 12:40 PM
konichiwa3
Intermediate

Received 312 Likes on 172 Posts

Keoni, Ming,

My plan is PPE headers with cats, ARH center pipe with resonators and then a titanium axleback.

I was originally planning on full titanium system when I got scared away by hearing about several people with titanium center pipes with resonators experiencing cracks. I have to have resonators so I opt for stainless steel on center.

Last edited by konichiwa3; 04-15-19 at 12:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Keoni - Nebula Grey 2015 Build