Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-19, 09:43 AM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Romanova
The two curbed rims are back from repair and look pretty good. The rim faces still have some imperfections, but I was only concerned with the curbage as a few nicks are going to occur during install or as a result of everyday driving. Should be able to get them down to Discount Tire tomorrow and get them mounted up to my existing tires that are currently on my OEM 18s.
Looking forward to seeing the new wheels mounted up! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help - let us know if you need anything from our end
Old 03-05-19, 09:47 AM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Central Pine has some outrageous prices. My sister bought a grille from them and they never shipped it or responded to her messages until she filed a Paypal claim. They offered to ship it after that but she took the refund. I've heard quite a few negative reviews about them but they delete the reviews right away. I always get tempted to order rare parts from them but it's so risky.

I remember Revision Audio had some nice stuff. I've bought some smaller items from him and he shipped them. I keep seeing the Tom's kit pop up but I like the OEM one better. There was a really nice Aimgain kit I saw but it costs as much as a second LS.
Central pine sucks they took almost a year before getting me my stuff when I was told 3 months. Sam the owner got all pissy with me because I blew his phone up when they wouldnt answer my emails or phone calls, I had to call them 64 times in a day before I got an answer. Then told me it was arriving via greyhound then fed ex shows up at my door CP is a joke do not order anything from them they will take your money not get your stuff then just refund you 8 months later or just steal your money.
Old 03-06-19, 10:50 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Still need to clean them up a bit more but I'm very happy with how they turned out. Wish I kept my security lugs... if anyone has a set of the 4 Lexus locking lug nuts, the lug tool and the pouch for the tool, please PM me.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (03-07-19)
Old 03-06-19, 07:43 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Still need to clean them up a bit more but I'm very happy with how they turned out. Wish I kept my security lugs... if anyone has a set of the 4 Lexus locking lug nuts, the lug tool and the pouch for the tool, please PM me.
Damn doggy good looking car the wheels really set it off great choice and super super rare mod
Old 03-06-19, 08:32 PM
Romanova
Racer

Still need a few more pieces before she is complete. Hopefully should be landing a few other rare parts in the near future.
Old 03-07-19, 06:39 AM
Discount Tire
Former Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks great, Romanova!

Do the wheels take mag seat hardware? We may be able to help.
Old 03-07-19, 06:44 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

looks awesome! love it

Must be the only LS430 in the US with those wheels?

Are you going for the UCF31 OEM Celsior look?
Old 03-07-19, 07:20 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by YannG
looks awesome! love it

Must be the only LS430 in the US with those wheels?

Are you going for the UCF31 OEM Celsior look?
Hopefully the only one outside of Japan with these wheels in the correct size/offset. I have no plans of doing a Celsior conversion, even though everything is readily available. I just like an OEM+ approach to maintain the car how Lexus intended but with a few improvements here and there.

I should add that the Cree 5K LED bulbs in the fog lights are junk. They LOOK amazing but as far as actual light output... very disappointed. Not sure if they work better in inclement weather but I don't drive my car in the rain. Going to swap back to the stock bulbs and see how they look.
Old 06-13-19, 11:50 AM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Enjoyed reading your thread, gave me some inspiration !
Old 06-13-19, 01:47 PM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by weldthedif
Enjoyed reading your thread, gave me some inspiration !
Glad you enjoyed it. I wish I had more updates, but I've had my hands full with my son's new ES330. There are still a few things left to do to the LS430... eventually!
Old 11-20-19, 08:35 AM
EmanTheMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking on YAJ, make sure you search for "UCF 31 フォグランプ". Over there, they are called fog lamps so if you try to search for fog lights, you'll come up empty. Expect to pay about $130-$145 after shipping and fees. If you have an 01-03 or UCF 30, I don't believe those ones had the yellow capsule.
Hey I’m fairly new to this whole mod thing. I am looking to get the same fog lamps but am having trouble even getting to YAJ. Is there a link you (or anyone who reads this) that can provide it? I tried copy-pasting UCF 31 フォグランプ but nothing came up through YAJ. Also, Is that an acronym?
Old 11-20-19, 09:31 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by EmanTheMan
Hey I’m fairly new to this whole mod thing. I am looking to get the same fog lamps but am having trouble even getting to YAJ. Is there a link you (or anyone who reads this) that can provide it? I tried copy-pasting UCF 31 フォグランプ but nothing came up through YAJ. Also, Is that an acronym?
You need to go to auctions.yahoo.co.jp It is probably best if you're using Chrome as your browser. Then paste UCF 31 フォグランプ and filter your search from most expensive to least expensive. Or, just try this; https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...=0&y=0&fixed=0

Looking now, there are a few on there... you have to be patient for the right pair. Good luck!
Old 11-20-19, 03:45 PM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by EmanTheMan
There's actually a set of Pre and Post Facelift JDM Fogs on Craigslist in the IE (Rosemead) so if you want to save yourself the time, here's the link https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...017647052.html
Old 11-20-19, 03:58 PM
EmanTheMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kos
There's actually a set of Pre and Post Facelift JDM Fogs on Craigslist in the IE (Rosemead) so if you want to save yourself the time, here's the link https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...017647052.html
Great thank you! I’m definitely interested in these. Do you happen to know if they’re yellow capsule? Or would a LED yellow foglight work to give the same effect? Also, it states in needs to be wired would you happen to know on what exactly?
I’ve read all of Romanova’s posts and it looks like they can be wired to the turn signals? I’m assuming I would also have to buy a module to make the extra lights on the side work?
Old 11-20-19, 07:54 PM
EmanTheMan
Driver School Candidate

You need to go to auctions.yahoo.co.jp It is probably best if you're using Chrome as your browser. Then paste UCF 31 フォグランプ and filter your search from most expensive to least expensive. Or, just try this; https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/...=0&y=0&fixed=0

Looking now, there are a few on there... you have to be patient for the right pair. Good luck!
That makes more sense! Thank you! Question, if I happen to buy a the foglights that kos let me know about (post above) is it possible to somehow make the housing yellow? Or would it be best to just buy Yellow LED lights?

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog