Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-19, 01:57 PM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by NLLex
I had contact with Central Pine. Called them personally about 4 times and the 5th time I got them on the phone. Asked about the Silk Blaze steering wheel and they had one for sale. After that I wanted to pay to make the purchase. No more contact. I give them 7 emails and several calls... no answer. When you are talking live to the guy its ok but when making deals I am very disappointed with this company.
I've heard mixed reviews about CP as well. Also heard they're a really small operation, but customer service is customer service, no matter how big or small. They tend to get some some good stuff, so hoping it's just isolated incidents.
Old 03-01-19, 09:23 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Less than 36 hours from Osaka Japan to Cypress Texas. Pretty impressed. Rims are in good shape, one has some light curb rash and they all have a few nicks in the paint. Will probably just mount them up and then get them refinished this summer. Need to clean off the wheel weights and the old adhesive and then seal the barrels. Will also be ordering spacers for the front and back.
Old 03-01-19, 09:38 AM
kos
Advanced

Those look great!
Old 03-01-19, 11:26 AM
Romanova
Racer

Found a local place that will fix up the curb rash for $160 (two wheels) so I'm taking them down on Monday to get them fixed up. Very excited to get these on the car.
Old 03-02-19, 01:18 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Good Job. Do you allready have tyres? I would suggest the new generation with Noise Shield Technologie! They are 50% more silent then any other normal tyre.
Old 03-02-19, 01:20 PM
Romanova
Racer

JDM fog lights are in. To remove the fogs, you have to remove the bumper, which was easier than I thought it would be. You might be able to get them out from below but I doubt it. Removing the bumper was probably a 30 minute job, working slow. For the JDM fogs, I ended up not wiring in the second bulb. I really didn't want them as turn signals since we already have turn signals in the main housing and I didn't want them as a city light to detract from the actual fog light itself. I mean, I was mainly going for the yellow capsule look, which I achieved. Thanks to @onthelo for the bulb suggestion. I'm running Cree 9006 5k LED bulbs and the color in conjunction with the capsule is spot on. Can't wait to get another picture when it gets a bit darker.

Rims are up next and should be done by next Friday. I found Project Kics spacers on YAJ, so I will be doing the 15mm front / 25mm rear and will be ordering those soon. I also want to address the brake fluid and do a drain and fill on the transmission and then just start driving it a bit more.
The following users liked this post:
LatinLS430 (12-04-21)
Old 03-03-19, 01:12 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Looking clean man! Just curious if I might be missing something -- why would you need to remove the bumper to change the fogs? When I changed my fog bulbs I just removed the wheel liners and had more than enough room to do anything I wanted with the fogs. But I also didn't attempt to remove the housings so there's probably something I didn't see maybe?
Old 03-03-19, 01:14 PM
Romanova
Racer

The housing itself is super snug due to the way that it is designed. It may come out with the bumper in place but I highly doubt it.
Old 03-04-19, 06:20 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow that was super quick! those BBS's look awesome...

Good work with the JDM fogs! they look great...makes me want a pair !

I've been wanting to purchase items on YAJ but never fully committed, seems complicated and after reading reviews online a lot of the times the items once arrived arent in the condition they were described/advertised...
Old 03-04-19, 06:33 AM
Romanova
Racer

Originally Posted by YannG

I've been wanting to purchase items on YAJ but never fully committed, seems complicated and after reading reviews online a lot of the times the items once arrived arent in the condition they were described/advertised...
I will say that unless the item has been new, I've been disappointed in some way by everything I've purchased so far. The pictures aren't high quality and the description is vague some times. Still, it's the only way to get some of these parts so you have to roll the dice.
Old 03-04-19, 07:17 AM
kos
Advanced

Originally Posted by YannG

It's really not too bad with the options like Buyee and Croooober, or if you use a private broker like Jesse Streeter.

Originally Posted by Romanova
I will say that unless the item has been new, I've been disappointed in some way by everything I've purchased so far. The pictures aren't high quality and the description is vague some times. Still, it's the only way to get some of these parts so you have to roll the dice.
I'd say my experiences have been similar, although I've found a few gems.

Romanova the capsule looks great, eagerly awaiting nighttime shots! I'm torn on 3000k or doing 6000k and matching some D2S bulbs from Osram.
Old 03-04-19, 10:59 AM
Romanova
Racer

Was raining, so the car didn't leave the garage.
Old 03-04-19, 11:34 AM
kos
Advanced

Badass. Those look sweet.
Old 03-05-19, 08:43 AM
Romanova
Racer

The two curbed rims are back from repair and look pretty good. The rim faces still have some imperfections, but I was only concerned with the curbage as a few nicks are going to occur during install or as a result of everyday driving. Should be able to get them down to Discount Tire tomorrow and get them mounted up to my existing tires that are currently on my OEM 18s.
The following users liked this post:
Discount Tire (03-05-19)
Old 03-05-19, 09:20 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Romanova
Central Pine has had them a few times but the price is always super high it seems. Revision Audio in Hawaii had them before but I think he only sells to the locals. If I ever find a set in great condition, I'm going to jump on it. It would be easier if you wanted something like the Tom's kit... there are NOS Tom's skirts on YAJ right now. To me though, the Tom's kit looks really bad as the front and rear bumpers are different.
Central Pine has some outrageous prices. My sister bought a grille from them and they never shipped it or responded to her messages until she filed a Paypal claim. They offered to ship it after that but she took the refund. I've heard quite a few negative reviews about them but they delete the reviews right away. I always get tempted to order rare parts from them but it's so risky.

I remember Revision Audio had some nice stuff. I've bought some smaller items from him and he shipped them. I keep seeing the Tom's kit pop up but I like the OEM one better. There was a really nice Aimgain kit I saw but it costs as much as a second LS.

Quick Reply: Romanova's 2006 LS430 build/blog