Old 08-18-17, 09:52 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Scratchy--14 is350

2014 Is350 RWD F sport

A pic of it chillin at cars and coffee

Code name: Scratchy.

Picked this car up in late May of this year (2017). I wanted a 2017 IS but found this one. It was pretty inexpensive due to exterior paint scratches (thus the name), interior center console scratches, a hum in the passenger side (it was a bad hub bearing, and some other messed up interior bits ; a heathen obviously owned this car prior to me. Sucks to fix this stuff but the car was about 7k below book which allowed me to buy it with cash (yay no car payments).

I dislike AWD for some reason so after much searching found this RWD model a short 1300 miles from my house and as luck had it the car was a mere 15 miles from a family member I visit frequently so I had him pick it up for me until I got down to TX.

After getting the car
home I immediately (the day after i got home actually) put wheels and springs on it. The springs were a bit low and the wheels a bit aggressive. I also wet sanded and buffed 90% of the scratches out.

After 2 weeks I got Tein coilivers hoping to fix the rubbing from the wheels...nope. So although I liked the Works a ton they had to go; I simply hate having **** not work.

So here we are 2.5 months later and Ive pissed with the car alot. Sold wheels yesterday and today I dropped a grip on new wheels which are 12-18 weeks out.

I have learned a company makes all new rear links and I am contemplating their whole rear link setup which will allow me to run an aggressive wheel and tuck with zero issues.

So more of the story will come soon but here are photos I have and the mods to
date are below

Modifications

Suspension:
Rs-R super down-no longer on car
Tein Advance Z-Current suspension

Engine:
Aem air filter

Interior:
-Carbon Steering wheel garnish

-5d carbon vinyl center console, window switch surrounds, dash garnish--soon to be changed out

-Black VooDoo shift ****

-2is dead pedal foot plate

Wheels:
19x9.5 & 19x10.5 Work emotion CR Kai-sold

New Weds Kranze on order....

Exterior
-ebay replica AG front lip-removed cause it was junk; surprise surprise

-Seibon FP carbon Front lip

-Seibon RF carbon rear splitter (not yet installed)

-Skipper carbon side skirts

-Carking carbon roof spoiler

-pulled rear fenders

Items to come soon:

-New rear upper control arms (may go as far as replacing all the links in the rear)
-take the vinyl carbon garbage off the interior and paint the center console and use real
carbon bits for everything else

-Air ride???

-Invida axle backp
Old 08-18-17, 09:55 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

A example of the paint scrtaches I buffed out.

trunk scratches..they came
out with light buffing and 1500 grit

Old 08-18-17, 09:59 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

a few pics of the poke...I have chosen a new wheel that will reduce this by a modest amount but I will add camber and some other tricks to get a flush fitment. a little too pokie.
Although I dont mind stretch I will get a bit wider tire for these next wheels

Old 08-18-17, 10:23 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 487 Likes on 246 Posts

Looking Nice so far.

What were the specs of the Work wheels you sold?
Old 08-18-17, 10:28 PM
nathantse
Lexus Test Driver

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Nicely done on the scratches.
Old 08-19-17, 08:45 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by nathantse
Nicely done on the scratches.
Thanks. Most of it came out nice exterior wise. Its unbelievable how some people have a total lack of give a **** on their cars.

Originally Posted by specONE
Looking Nice so far.

What were the specs of the Work wheels you sold?
19x9.5 +25. with 235/35 and 19x10.5 +32. with a 245/35. The fronts were pretty aggressive but there were no issues at my ride height. The rear wheel would hit come in contact with the rear 1/4 if I had any weight above 100lbs in the back.

Again Camber and some suspension tricks can be done from what I have learned. So soon I will be trying that
Old 08-28-17, 05:41 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Sold the Works wheels (and lost my *** ) and the OEM wheels are back on for now. Ordered some new shoes but apparently they will take forever to get..hopefully they are cool. I actually wanted the Verae but the price was just too much to swallow for the color option I wanted so I got these from RAVSPEC. Although pic says 21 I got 19's

Also heard a clicking when opening the door--damn door break was a bit jacked up so instead of pissing with the old one I ordered a new one at a cost of $130 (outrageous!!). I could have smashed this pin but i figured the part was messed up and not sure this bandaid fix would have been permanent.

It took about 20 minutes to replace the door brake. The door panel needs to come off and an interior white panel removed. To remove the panel it requires some plastic panel removal tools and a Phillips screwdriver. Door brake is held in by 3 10mm bolts/nuts

The old and new door brake and the tools

Old 08-28-17, 05:44 PM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

I also got some new fun parts in.

A Seibon rear carbon splitter (also a shameless drift car in the background photo). I will try to install this tonight we will see

I also purchased some Powered By Max (PBM) rear upper control arms (RUCA). I have been very please with their products in the past on my aforementioned drift car. They seem to last and be a high quality part. Although the ends are solid units I have not had any extreme noise issue on other cars when using their links...we will see how that works on this car.

In addition to the high quality product they have some great customer service should anything go wrong. The only downside thus far was I was slightly annoyed there was no way to mount the ABS hose but I will figure something out.

I want to add adjustment to the toe in the rear as well and PBM's items aren't cheap though so I dont know if I will get the toe arms from them to match or cheap out with Megan (another brand I have had great luck with although they are cheap). Only Time will tell.

*also dont mind the fridge i have mixed paint on it a few times LOL

Beyond that its a to add air or not to add air thing right now. I am on Tein Advance Z's so I cant decide to add air to those shocks, upgrade to something else or use the OE dampers...hmmmm

Last edited by MilkMonstr; 08-28-17 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-29-17, 12:01 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Shoulda kept those works. Not going to lie not a fan of the new ones you got compared to what you had. Why sell?
Old 08-29-17, 03:19 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by evident
Shoulda kept those works. Not going to lie not a fan of the new ones you got compared to what you had. Why sell?
Fitment primarily. The Works were very aggressive and I was tired of messing with them. In addition I wanted a nice 3 piece wheel as it seems most people with 3is's just throw on cheap junk;
I wanted to set my apart a little.

I personally like the wheel, although not my first choice, I think the new specs plus some generous lip all around will look cool plus a slightly wider tire in the rear (I will use a 255 vs the 245 I had).
Old 08-30-17, 05:52 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

I think the new wheel will go nicely with the black.
What's the width and offset on the new rims?
Old 09-04-17, 06:36 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sasnuke
I think the new wheel will go nicely with the black.
What's the width and offset on the new rims?
19x9.5 and 19x10.5....Im leaving the offset off this. You wont like it anyway.

Im still at a standstill with the wheels having such a long wait time. Winter will
be here soon so the car will have insurance dropped and just sit in the garage for the length of the winter; so I have time I guess.

Im also looking around at air systems...Air runner, Modified BC/Tein, Bags on OE, Air force so many choices in struts.

Air management will be Air lift 3P/3H
Old 09-04-17, 07:44 AM
Sasnuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,732 Likes on 1,368 Posts

Originally Posted by MilkMonstr
19x9.5 and 19x10.5....Im leaving the offset off this. You wont like it anyway.
It was a benign question, but if you don't want to say, that's fine. What I like doesn't really matter, it's your car.
I would imagine they would be low to fit such a wide wheel set. Not a lot, if any, run a 9.5 on the front as it's tough to make it fit without rubbing on proper size tires.
If the manufacturer offered custom offsets, then anything might be possible.
Old 09-04-17, 07:59 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

It was a benign question, but if you don't want to say, that's fine. What I like doesn't really matter, it's your car.
I would imagine they would be low to fit such a wide wheel set. Not a lot, if any, run a 9.5 on the front as it's tough to make it fit without rubbing on proper size tires.

Tbh man I am not a fan of you; However, I assume this isnt news to you. So, I view every question you ask as having an alterior motive thus benign or not I will read into it.

You are right it IS my car and I will do what I want. Ive fit 9.5 before so not worried too much.
Old 09-04-17, 08:28 AM
MilkMonstr
Rookie

I believe we came to an understanding in that other thread so I wont be as much of a **** to you, my apologies. The wheels are aggressive and the offsets are pretty close to custom. What I mean by "pretty close" is you can choose from a wide array of sizes and offsets. I know what kinda works and what doesn't work and between myself and the wheel vendor we agree this setup will work.

The rear width of a 10.5 will fit and will probably need camber. The front is a bit more conservative than the previous setup and from what I have seen by measuring inner suspension arm clearance I should be golden.

Quick Reply: Scratchy--14 is350