Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-18, 08:44 PM
Nespo2330
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspect

Lowered again and the lip is on. Leveled the coilovers again to make sure its all 25" ground to fender
How long have you had the coilovers and do you always ride 25” to ground in the summer? How do your CV boots look?
Old 03-31-18, 10:21 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Nespo2330

How long have you had the coilovers and do you always ride 25” to ground in the summer? How do your CV boots look?
Well I've been approx 25" since I got my BC racing coilovers 2 summers ago, it's just that last season I saw that the passenger side was sagging a bit which made me check the heights for this season before I get too lazy. CV boots are in pretty good shape, one might be leaking a little bit but not in a state of worrying about it. I replaced a CV axle in the past but that was due to unrelated winter fun and unexpected curbs :P
Old 04-03-18, 07:53 AM
rk1zle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how have your headlights lasted in Canadian winters before the retrofit? Any noticeable condensation?
Old 04-03-18, 11:41 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by rk1zle
how have your headlights lasted in Canadian winters before the retrofit? Any noticeable condensation?
both my stock headlights and spec d lights have had no condensation issues since I've owned them except for one time where I didn't seal the cover properly so that was on me
Old 04-10-18, 03:16 PM
Aspect
Racer

Figs toe links done... 10 years of rust on the old cam bolts and nuts took its time

Old 04-10-18, 04:29 PM
Nespo2330
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well I've been approx 25" since I got my BC racing coilovers 2 summers ago, it's just that last season I saw that the passenger side was sagging a bit which made me check the heights for this season before I get too lazy. CV boots are in pretty good shape, one might be leaking a little bit but not in a state of worrying about it.

A leaking CV Boot is never a good thing 🤔 that is definitely something worry about. If it were the clamp
ok, but leaking never means good...
Old 04-10-18, 04:37 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by Nespo2330

A leaking CV Boot is never a good thing 🤔 that is definitely something worry about. If it were the clamp
ok, but leaking never means good...
Well I've cleaned up the area since and it doesn't seem to be leaking right now so all good
no symptoms of a bad CV axle yet.
Old 04-11-18, 06:45 PM
Aspect
Racer

Got my alignment done today.
Front L/R
Camber -1.7/-1.5
Toe -0.05/-0.05
Rear L/R
Camber -1.9/-2.0
Toe +0.1/+0.1

I don't know much about alignment specs, but I definitely feel like the car tracks even straighter than before because of the finer alignment with the adjustable arms.
Old 04-12-18, 10:04 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

In Ontario, these may possibly be the worst option to replace the factory arms with. Especially with how much salt is used on the roads, as evidenced by what your old arms and hardware looked like. The FIGS links use an unprotected spherical bearing, once grit and grime get in there and wear away the coatings and those things start to rust, they will seize up pretty good.

Unless the car will only be driven in the summer from now on, or you plan on inspecting those joints periodically, I'd maybe look for something that has a protected joint.

Just my opinion though, I'm sure they'll work great for now.

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
Aspect (04-12-18)
Old 04-12-18, 12:58 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
In Ontario, these may possibly be the worst option to replace the factory arms with. Especially with how much salt is used on the roads, as evidenced by what your old arms and hardware looked like. The FIGS links use an unprotected spherical bearing, once grit and grime get in there and wear away the coatings and those things start to rust, they will seize up pretty good.

Unless the car will only be driven in the summer from now on, or you plan on inspecting those joints periodically, I'd maybe look for something that has a protected joint.

Just my opinion though, I'm sure they'll work great for now.

Jeff
Honestly I had the same opinion, but talking with Mike? at FIGS he told me that I should still go without the rubber boots. In hindsight maybe I should have went with my gut and got the booted version. We'll see what'll happen in the winter lol, I might try to rig up a water resistant cover over it for the winter. Not sure how many more years I'll keep the car for but it should last until the end of my ownership
Old 04-13-18, 04:52 PM
Aspect
Racer

ARP extended studs and 20mm H&R spacer installed in the rear, looking forward to testing fitment with my Enkeis
Old 04-15-18, 01:29 PM
Rise
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did you notice a difference with spark pluga

Did you notice a difference with the iridium spark plugs

Got new spark plugs after finding out through flowrider that the eBay plugs were pretty likely counterfeit. Also got a new lip in the mail today, and I'll apologize to CL that I've joined the dark side and got an eBay replica lip(Wald rep I think). I know the bad rep about replica lip fitment and the ethics of it but I couldn't justify spending 1k on a lip.

just quickly put it up against the bumper to see how it'd look.
Old 04-15-18, 02:55 PM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by Rise
Did you notice a difference with the iridium spark plugs

Could it placebo but at first it felt like it had more pep and go. Over time it just feels normal and runs great, no complaints. MPG is still about the same as well. They were cheaper than the dealership OEM plugs too which was a plus. If you're considering them I'd recommend them.
Old 05-04-18, 07:13 AM
Aspect
Racer

Everything finally together in a pic. Not sure what I want to do now, but this will be how it is for a while. Took so long to do a spring update because the wheel shop took 4 weeks to refinish my wheels, not that they were that badly damaged, maybe just busy, but I had to get 3 wheels straightened. Good ol' potholes

On a side note, I finally fixed a creaking and popping sound in the front end. Seems like I didn't install one of the subframe bolts properly and almost crossthreaded the entire thing >< which ended up being a little loose even when tightened all the way.

Last edited by Aspect; 05-04-18 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-14-18, 01:25 PM
Aspect
Racer

First wax of the season. Switched from mother's to Meguiars carnuba and I think it looks a lot better. Also did a quick engine detail, prob the first in my cars life.

Also emptied out my oil catch can and witnessed more of the disgusting oil and sludge that it collects.

Im liking the rear spacers a lot. Like the wider rear look and it also has turned my under steer at the limit to over steer =D

My wheels don't seem to shine as much as before. I think the shop messed up and painted my wheels brilliant silver instead of hyper silver cause its lacking the chrome ish look.

Quick Reply: Aspect's 07 IS250 AWD