Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Black GS400 DIY VIP build

Old 02-01-19, 12:03 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Trunk progress!

Trunk coming together a bit more now. Put some capet back and and cleaned up stuff.

Kicker 1000.1 DX 1ohm stable mounted up nicely

Kicker DX 400.4 slotted in well and wired up

Made this box to cubic area spec but had to alter dimentions due to the lack of height in this part of the 2gs trunk. There is a ton of space in general for the teunk though which is aqesome for this kind of stuff. It is a dual 8\" sub, songle ported box made of mdf. Box houses 2x Sundown SA-8 sub woofers rated at 600watts rms (will have to upgrade amp later). They are both dual 4ohm voic coils drivers. I have wired them to 1 ohm to take advantage of the amp.
Old 02-01-19, 12:04 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

I wanted to port the sub box up through the hole in the rear dash left from the stock sub but logistically it didn't work well. I am very happy with this look though.
Old 02-06-19, 02:55 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by fperron
This thread is making me homesick. I see Mokoli'i in the background. I lived in Waimanalo for a few years.
Probably going to take more pictures at iconic spots. Hope it doesnt make you too homesick lol! Glad you're enjoying the thread
Old 02-06-19, 02:59 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

looking clean after a wash 😁
The following users liked this post:
Will_GS400 (02-13-19)
Old 02-06-19, 03:02 PM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Really diggin' the Vertex kit
Old 02-12-19, 08:59 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by kos
Really diggin' the Vertex kit
Thanks! It needs some body work, the lip is messed up lol but the style is great
Old 02-12-19, 09:06 PM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Couldn't get safety anywhere because of the 20% tint so unfortunately I had to remove it all. I ended up getting safety a day later. Put 0% tint from Japan on lol. Here's a video of my friend and I doing it. Subscribe to the channel to see more of our cars and this gs as well!

https://youtu.be/fpSoVbp1g_0
Old 02-13-19, 06:50 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

That sucks but definitely keep posting videos. I would watch your channel on youtube. Also thats really stupid that Hawaii doesn't have a medical exemption for tint. In Virginia I got my doctor to sign a form so I can tint all of my windows to 35% tint and once you have that on your registration cops won't mess with you. Seems like in Hawaii you would need tint a lot more than where I live
Old 02-14-19, 07:12 AM
kos
Advanced

Received 115 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Muffinizer
That sucks but definitely keep posting videos. I would watch your channel on youtube. Also thats really stupid that Hawaii doesn't have a medical exemption for tint. In Virginia I got my doctor to sign a form so I can tint all of my windows to 35% tint and once you have that on your registration cops won't mess with you. Seems like in Hawaii you would need tint a lot more than where I live
Crazy that in VA you have to have a form to get 35%! That's the "legal limit" in Arizona haha. So many cars with 5% rolling around though.
Old 02-15-19, 06:40 AM
captainva
Instructor

Received 269 Likes on 236 Posts

35% is legal on all the back windows without it. The form lets you tint the driver and passenger windows from 50% which is nothing to 35% and the windshield to 90% and 70% above the AS1. I haven't done the windshield but I'm thinking that I want 70% on the entire windshield. I'm not sure if that would be to dark though. Seeing at night is good
Old 02-15-19, 05:58 PM
Revive
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you on the CL Hawaii facebook page?
Old 02-16-19, 12:08 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks good. Allways liked those rims.
Old 02-18-19, 10:54 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

35% is legal on all the back windows without it. The form lets you tint the driver and passenger windows from 50% which is nothing to 35% and the windshield to 90% and 70% above the AS1. I haven't done the windshield but I'm thinking that I want 70% on the entire windshield. I'm not sure if that would be to dark though. Seeing at night is good
Thanks! We try to post to YouTube as much as we can.

I wish I could fill out a form to get darker tint lol. Hawaii has stupid car laws including a reconstruction permit for all modded cars. 35% really isnt much here since the uv index is so high, it's unfortunate things like that are not taken into account when making laws. If I was able to tint the windshield I definitely would since the sun is in m eyes most mornings, also for looks lol. I know someone who had their windshield tinted with 70% and he said it's awesome for cutting the blinding sun and even headlights and it's not too bad in the night.
Old 02-18-19, 10:56 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by Revive
Are you on the CL Hawaii facebook page?
Yup! I was posting about rear ucas a little while ago. I dont post on there much though and check up every so often
Old 02-18-19, 11:00 AM
SamsonLow
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tank
Looks good. Allways liked those rims.
Love their look too 😁 They suck to take sure of though since they are now bare aluminium. I need to refinish the ceramic coat

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black GS400 DIY VIP build